Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I can't face the prospect of new fifth years who aren't me and everyone else!! That means we're really 6th years!:eek::p

But anyway, I actually really liked 5th year for the most part, enjoy it guys, its not as bad as they say!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Do you not think it's abit early for this thread. The people that this thread is for are probably just finished school or else preparing for their Junior Cert & it'll probably get merged with the other 5th year thread anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I can't face the prospect of new fifth years who aren't me and everyone else!! That means we're really 6th years!:eek::p

But anyway, I actually really liked 5th year for the most part, enjoy it guys, its not as bad as they say!!:)

+1 :( We've gotta make a new thread in September.

"The once fifth years, now sixth years chat thread."

:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Although Summer is only beginning (YAY! :D) this is a thread for all students who will be starting 5th year (and the Leaving Cert course) in September of 2011. I decided to make this after seeing the success of the current 5th year thread.
    Jeez, you're quick off the mark!! :eek:
    NotExactly wrote: »
    Do you not think it's abit early for this thread. The people that this thread is for are probably just finished school or else preparing for their Junior Cert & it'll probably get merged with the other 5th year thread anyway :p
    No, it won't! :P

It may however have gotten lost by September, but sure we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Murzar

Hey guys, just finished TY and loved it so I'm looking forward to 5th year in September :D Just wondering if there's anywhere that do subjects outside school, preferably Business, Economics or Design Graphics. Really want to maximise my points for the Leaving Cert!

• Advertisement

Murzar wrote: »
    Hey guys, just finished TY and loved it so I'm looking forward to 5th year in September :D Just wondering if there's anywhere that do subjects outside school, preferably Business, Economics or Design Graphics. Really want to maximise my points for the Leaving Cert!

Que PictureFrame...

Wut?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Very early indeed. :p

Well I have to do my JC next week, but I'm skipping TY so I suppose I can post here. Next years subjects? All at higher level - English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology, Chemistry, Accounting and Applied Maths as an extra subject if I'm able for it. I may end up changing to History at some stage, I agonised over my decision for ages. :o

Que PictureFrame...

Wut?

Basically where can you do subjects outside school? :p I heard Leeson Street do some but they're expensive

Slow Show wrote: »
    I may end up changing to History at some stage, I agonised over my decision for ages. :o
    You did?!! O_O

>_>

<_<

:p

Basically where can you do subjects outside school? :p I heard Leeson Street do some but they're expensive

Short answer, don't do extra subjects unless you already know them (ie music and your grade 10). Otherwise leeson street is your only option,its just a lot of work. You're taking subjects for points, not interest sadly :( Business you could easily do on your own though, you wouldn't need to get a grind every week. :)

I don't think its that early, just that 3rd and 4th years seem to have a very small presence on boards in comparison to 5th and 6th years who'll do anything possible to procrastinate :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Short answer, don't do extra subjects unless you already know them (ie music and your grade 10). Otherwise leeson street is your only option,its just a lot of work. You're taking subjects for points, not interest sadly :( Business you could easily do on your own though, you wouldn't need to get a grind every week. :)

I don't think its that early, just that 3rd and 4th years seem to have a very small presence on boards in comparison to 5th and 6th years who'll do anything possible to procrastinate :P

Ah come on. People all around the country do extra subjects, not just Dubliners!

There are many options for extra subjects. Grinds, evening classes (which are available around the country), online grinds, going it alone, the help of a teacher in school etc.

Whats this 'outside of Dublin' place you speak of?:confused:

:P

Whats this 'outside of Dublin' place you speak of?:confused:

:P

More commonly known as home of the boggers, culchies or as beyond the pale..! :P

Ring a bell?!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

This feels far, far to weird to be posting here..
    I still refuse to believe Im eligible to post in the leaving cert forum :P

Ring a bell?!
    Want a ban?! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

Starting 5th this September. I'm not doing TY:)
    I'm doing economics outside of school, my school isn't doing it :(
    I'm also doing Eng(H) Irish(h) maths(h) French , geography and business. So I'm only doing 6 subjects in school, but I don't want to do History or a science( bio or Chem), I would of done physics if my school was doing it. Or accounting. Uhhh my school hardly does anything I like! I might move for 6th year. We'll see:)
    Bonjour to all the other 5th years 2011/2012 :)

ciara95 wrote: »
    Starting 5th this September. I'm not doing TY:)
    I'm doing economics outside of school, my school isn't doing it :(
    I'm also doing Eng(H) Irish(h) maths(h) French , geography and business. So I'm only doing 6 subjects in school, but I don't want to do History or a science( bio or Chem), I would of done physics if my school was doing it. Or accounting. Uhhh my school hardly does anything I like! I might move for 6th year. We'll see:)
    Bonjour to all the other 5th years 2011/2012 :)

where are you doing economics ? :)

Want a ban?! :P

I don't get it..! :confused: :P

I don't get it..! :confused: :P
    :rolleyes:

It wasn't a particularly serious comment! :p

It might, however, be useful to remember that not all of your eminent mods are bloomin' jackeens! :cool:

where are you doing economics ? :)

More than likely the Institute of Education. It's expensive but it's supposed to be really good, and I haven't got many other options.

Economics is on Friday nights 5.30-7pm I believe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

*sheds tear for days gone by*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Startin 5th yr next yr too!

Gona be some buzz id say! Hav my jC this weekk too..

More than likely the Institute of Education. It's expensive but it's supposed to be really good, and I haven't got many other options.

Economics is on Friday nights 5.30-7pm I believe :)

I was thinking I'd do it in the Institute, but it is rather expensive :p I'll look into it more anyways

It might, however, be useful to remember that not all of your eminent mods are bloomin' jackeens! :cool:

Nor am I..! :P

I was thinking I'd do it in the Institute, but it is rather expensive :p I'll look into it more anyways

Yeah that's the downside. My sis went for Easter revision courses and found them really good. I dont think they start till the middle of September so there's a while to think about it.

What subjects are you going to do in school? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ya. I'm one of these 5th years from September.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Noel2k9 wrote: »

Gona be some buzz id say! Hav my jC this weekk too..

FAIL!

Well I live in a bog in Connemara, and I took up Economics on my own after Christmas and I've done 15/20 chapters! :p

Yeah that's the downside. My sis went for Easter revision courses and found them really good. I dont think they start till the middle of September so there's a while to think about it.

What subjects are you going to do in school? :)

Um english, gaeilge, maths, history, geography, french and business :)

• Advertisement

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    If you don't go do some study, you may well be!! :P

Bloody trolls!! :mad:
    Well I live in a bog in Connemara ...
    Ah, come on, the houses out there aren't THAT bad! >_>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement