Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marvel's Agent Carter

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Marvel's Agent Carter, which premieres on Tuesday, January 6th at 8/7c on ABC, will kick things off with a two-hour premiere.

Agent Carter is now being called a "seven part" television event since this two-hour premiere is most likely the combination of two episodes, changing the initial reports of the show being eight parts.
    It's 1946 and peace has dealt Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy finds herself stuck doing administrative work when she would rather be back out in the field, putting her vast skills into play and taking down the bad guys. But she is also trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life, Steve Rogers – aka Captain America. When old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, “Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger”) finds himself being framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons to anyone willing to pony up the cash, he contacts Peggy -- the only person he can trust -- to track down those responsible, dispose of the weapons and clear his name. He empowers his butler, Edwin Jarvis (James D'Arcy), to be at her beck and call when needed to help assist her as she investigates and tracks down those responsible for selling these weapons of mass destruction. If caught going on these secret missions for Stark, Peggy could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison – or worse.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/marvels-agent-carter-gets-two-hour-premiere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,805 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Any word which channel is putting this show on my tellybox?

flazio wrote: »
    Any word which channel is putting this show on my tellybox?

No channel this side of the world has picked it up yet.

agent-carter-612x816-06ecf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Advantage of getting them as they air in the States is at least we know we get to see it when it's intended. So unless RTE and Channel 4 get it to air during the SHIELD break, then there could be stuff happening in SHIELD viewers won't get.

Teaser from episode 1.

The style of the show looks amazing.

ustv-agent-carter-poster.jpg

Damn that RTÉ continuity announcer getting my hopes up for a second.
    He said there was more from the Marvel universe to come, before announcing that Avengers Assemble would be airing over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

So no word yet if either RTE2 or channel 4 will be airing this??

• Advertisement

So no word yet if either RTE2 or channel 4 will be airing this??

No it looks like neither have picked it up.

Netflix might because of there deal with Marvel if the others don't pick it up soon but thats just a guess.

No it looks like neither have picked it up.

Netflix might because of there deal with Marvel if the others don't pick it up soon but thats just a guess.

Netflix won't be allowed to air it on their UK Ireland site as it airs on US TV, they'll have to wait for a few months.

flazio wrote: »
    Netflix won't be allowed to air it on their UK Ireland site as it airs on US TV, they'll have to wait for a few months.

If they buy the rights they can air next night. They did it with breaking bad when no one picked up the rights to that show one episode a week

That was so fun and I loved the whole feel and style of post WW2 America.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

Have not got around to viewing yet , usually give new series 3 eps and decide then.
    But is Agent Carter really just Marvel flooding its own market .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Gonna watch this later. Anyone who's seen it able to tell me if it follows directly from the one shot of same name or incorporates parts of it or what? Haven't watched the one shot in a while so will probably watch them back to back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Gonna watch this later. Anyone who's seen it able to tell me if it follows directly from the one shot of same name or incorporates parts of it or what? Haven't watched the one shot in a while so will probably watch them back to back.

follows on almost directly includes clips of it and the film to show what she was up to...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Very good first two episodes. Setting really helps set it apart from the rest of the Marvel stuff and Atwell is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I'm about 6 episodes behind US pace on agents of SHIELD....does that matter to the storyline or anything? Should I catch up fully with agents before starting into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jarvis as the bumbling sidekick is quite funny, it's good so far will watch episode 2 later.

Am I right in thinking there are only 8 episodes planned?

• Advertisement

follows on almost directly includes clips of it and the film to show what she was up to...

K, so for anyone wondering, this is incorrect. The show precedes the One Shot. Thanks anyway OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

K, so for anyone wondering, this is incorrect. The show precedes the One Shot. Thanks anyway OP.

Might pick it up so, did you see they have also started a Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. comic run, think it started last week.

Ludo wrote: »
    I'm about 6 episodes behind US pace on agents of SHIELD....does that matter to the storyline or anything? Should I catch up fully with agents before starting into this?

No need to watch AoS for this, though you should because AoS is awesome.
    Might pick it up so, did you see they have also started a Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. comic run, think it started last week.

Yeah, it's a tie-in so it's canon. Getting pretty good feedback so far, though it's written by Mark Waid so that's no surprise. I'll be picking it up tomorrow!

I enjoyed it. Was full of familiar faces as well.

Good to see Victor from Dollhouse since he was probably the best actor from that show.

Wouldn't recognise Chad Michael Murray. Thought it was Connor Trineer.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Good to see Victor from Dollhouse since he was probably the best actor from that show.

Yes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I enjoyed it. Was full of familiar faces as well.

Wouldn't recognise Chad Michael Murray. Thought it was Connor Trineer.

It's also great to see bubbles from The Wire not looking like a heroin wreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's also great to see bubbles from The Wire not looking like a heroin wreck.

ahhhhh...thats who it was :D

I watched it earlier and knew I recognised him but couldn't place him.

Yeah forgot to mention him. As soon as I saw him I just thought "Bubs!"

Her roommate looked familiar as well. Thought it was your one who played Amanda in Ugly Betty, but wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Im sure i saw clips of the one shot in the show, in a montage right at the start,... yep just checked yes there a clip of her with the suitcase kicking a person through a window which was from the 'one shot'.

• Advertisement

Im sure i saw clips of the one shot in the show, in a montage right at the start,... yep just checked yes there a clip of her with the suitcase kicking a person through a window which was from the 'one shot'.

Yeah there was, I don't know why tey did that. The one shot ends with her leaving the SSR to run SHIELD though. This show focuses on her while in the SSR.

Advertisement