Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Election 2011 - Dublin Central thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

really loving this Dublin Central thread.

Goodbye Mary Lou :)
    The good people of Dublin Central are set to reject you again.

You really do my head in. You completely misguided advocate of God knows what :)
    go back to college and get a real job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

RetroBate wrote: »
    Don't bother with the council just ask anyone living near you.

Have you checked the online register? when you click your name it should tell you what polling station you go to. I didnt get a polling card but the register says my polling station is the St Peter's national school.
    Dont forget to bring ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

SarahBM wrote: »
    Have you checked the online register? when you click your name it should tell you what polling station you go to. I didnt get a polling card but the register says my polling station is the St Peter's national school.
    Dont forget to bring ID.

Yeah, not showing up on it but they assured me that I was on the supplemental list, didn't have a pen to take down the name of the polling station at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Travel is good

So what's the story today? Have you voted yet?

I'll vote later on the way home.

Has anyone seen any of the local candidates?

Does anyone know when the new government will take up in office?

I'm kinda hoping this means the FF crew don't get to go on all those Paddy's Day junkets.

Voted this morning before work. I didnt have a polling card so just went to my polling station with ID. the guy asked me what street and when he asked me did I know the number I said no, not realising he ment my house number. I was still half asleep.

Glad that there seems to be a high turn out every where.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

SarahBM wrote: »
    Voted this morning before work. I didnt have a polling card so just went to my polling station with ID. the guy asked me what street and when he asked me did I know the number I said no, not realising he ment my house number. I was still half asleep.

Glad that there seems to be a high turn out every where.

I heard there was a very low turnout overall compared to other areas. As in, Dublin in general.

anyone here at the count??

what was the turn out like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I would like to point out that several pages back on this thread I predicted: 1 Lab, 1 FG, Maureen O'Sullivan to get in on transfers and Mary Lou/Mary Fitz to battle it out for the final seat.

What do I win :D
    Pal wrote: »

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Benny Cooney got 25 votes.

Not as bad as that other candidate who got 18 votes yesterday but most of us here could organize more then 25 votes, embarrassing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pal wrote: »
    really loving this Dublin Central thread.

You really do my head in. You completely misguided advocate of God knows what :)
    go back to college and get a real job.

;) guess she is not going back to college :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Benny Cooney got 25 votes.

Not as bad as that other candidate who got 18 votes yesterday but most of us here could organize more then 25 votes, embarrassing :o

Benny Cooney was the one person on the ballot I knew absolutely SFA about. I still gave him a higher transfer than FF, FG or the CSP as I reckoned he couldn't possibly be any worse than them. But that means, like, a #12.

If I'd done the Google search that threw up this page before I voted I would have bumped him up a couple.

well there wasnt that much drama in this constituency.

except for Mary Lou getting in a the last min.

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    I would like to point out that several pages back on this thread I predicted: 1 Lab, 1 FG, Maureen O'Sullivan to get in on transfers and Mary Lou/Mary Fitz to battle it out for the final seat.

What do I win :D

*cough*
    You win the on-line admiration of your fellow Dublin Central boardsies! Well done on the prediction.

So it looks like the final TDs elected are:

Paschal Donohoe (FG)
    Joe Costello (Lab)
    Maureen O'Sullivan (Ind)
    Mary Lou McDonald (SF)

I'd be really interested in seeing the % turnout for Dublin Central. For such a historic election, i really hope that people exercised their mandate.

So a real mixed bag of candidates for us. Though realistically, I guess only Paschal Donohoe & Joe Costello will form part of the next government.

I heard there was a very low turnout overall compared to other areas. As in, Dublin in general.
    Just working it out there now...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/election/results/

It seems to be 64% turnout for Dublin Central so 36% didn't vote.

A bit disapointing, considering I heard other areas got over 70%.

Advertisement