Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoganstand.Com

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I had a thread on hoganstand asking was the censorship excessive on it (surprisingly it was posted)
    But after 1 day the thread was removed!! :)
    While the thread was up many posters agreed with me. Some pointed out how many times a post has to be edited before it is posted. Most of the time for innocuous stuff.
    No matter what people think of the mods on boards.ie, they always give a warning/explain why a post must be edited.
    The hoganstand website mods rarely engage with posters. And this is the one advantage boards.ie should take advantage of. Because the hoganstand site is in danger of suffocating itself and frustrating posters. I feel that boards has the potential to supercede hoganstand.com if a niche GAA boards website is created. And it is given a "GAA style".

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

It's a pretty poor forum.

It lacks a proper quote function.It seems you can't say a player is sh1te or it won't get posted.They give no reason why your post is not allowed up on the site.

Also it has this ridiculous time restriction on posting.Fair enough if they want to moderate everything but surely you could post in it's closed time and the comment could sit their overnight and then appear on the forum the next day.

The same posters derail threads constantly with petty bickering.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bkqwerty

It's not a great forum, full of teenagers and messers.

As a GAA forum I always liked anfearrua the best

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I had a thread on hoganstand asking was the censorship excessive on it (surprisingly it was posted)
    But after 1 day the thread was removed!! :)
    While the thread was up many posters agreed with me. Some pointed out how many times a post has to be edited before it is posted. Most of the time for innocuous stuff.
    No matter what people think of the mods on boards.ie, they always give a warning/explain why a post must be edited.
    The hoganstand website mods rarely engage with posters. And this is the one advantage boards.ie should take advantage of. Because the hoganstand site is in danger of suffocating itself and frustrating posters. I feel that boards has the potential to supercede hoganstand.com if a niche GAA boards website is created. And it is given a "GAA style".

Watcha mean a GAA style?? PM me if you want, I'd be interested to know your view on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Watcha mean a GAA style?? PM me if you want, I'd be interested to know your view on it

Whinging to the ref, for example, is not part of the ethos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Whinging to the ref, for example, is not part of the ethos :)

Whereas whinging on local radio about the ref after two mins of play "harsh decision there, the ref is not having a good game today, giving a lot of decisions to them"
    Or the best one I always remember as a Dub listening to local radio at a match the opening line was (way outside the m50 in waterford) "The traaaactors are paaarked the haaaay is saaaved and it's timmme to huuurl!!!!" :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement