Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Show us yer tank! (DO NOT QUOTE PHOTOS)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well done!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

fungun wrote: »
    your goldfish bred? Isnt that unusual? Well done if so!

very unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hi all.

I have 3 tanks.

55lt - killiefish, armored shrimp, 9 rasbora, 3 panda cory, 3 ottocinclus

15lt - 5 assorted shrimp, 5 Endlers' livebearers.

240lt - (new, fish so far) 5 assorted shrimp, 10 cardinal tetra, 2 orange bristlenose pleco, 1 dwarf pleco (dark grey with light grey spots), 3 koi angelfish, 3 guppies.

loving the hobby so far. A big emphasis for me is the planting side of it. i love experimenting with the planting arrangements.
    The 55lt is built to have a free swimming area in the middle.
    The 15lt is built to push the endlers to the front to show off their colour.
    The 240 is built with small fish in mind, so lots of tall but slender plants, so the fish can glide in and out of the foliage, looks brilliant. Orange rocks and light brown substrate to simulate a lush desert (this possible?).

All tanks get some carbon supplement daily, macro/micro fertiliser weekly.

So far the 15lt guys prefer mini-pellets, the 50lt guys prefer bigger pellets/brine shrimp, and the large tank denizens prefer algae wafers and flakes.

Anyway, here's pics, enjoy!

2012-09-13133920.jpg
    2012-09-13133911.jpg?t=1347545766
    Big.jpg
    2012-09-13133833.jpg
    2012-09-13133822.jpg
    2012-09-13133715.jpg
    2012-09-13133803.jpg
    Small.jpg

Update: Today i've added 4 assasin snails to the 240lt, as i have a minor snail infestation, and wish to nip it in the bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

My Juwel Vision 260L Community tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

My piece of reef

AD4D5CD8-374E-44F0-87DD-76572A73943E-1185-0000010FDAC4FA02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

My new setup.

Out with the plastic pirate ship, in with the bog wood and plants.

FishTank2.jpg

180 litre tank, 1 common goldfish, 5 white cloud mountain minnows, 5 zebra danios, lots of plants. Might go tropical in the new year!

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

A few new denizens in the 120L. The big anubias is doing really well, but I'd like something tall along the back.
    picture.php?albumid=1626&pictureid=14105

Four boseman's rainbowfish
    picture.php?albumid=1626&pictureid=14107

One albino longfin bristlenose pleco
    picture.php?albumid=1626&pictureid=14106

And one of the two new otos in the 'Ube. They seem to have figured out to avoid my jerk of a gourami
    picture.php?albumid=1626&pictureid=14104

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I've had the shrimp tank up and running, albeit hill billy style (see the lighting fixture) But that's only temporary until i get the correct connectors for thhe lightbulbs.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

just started cycling whats gonna be my new betta tank.gonna be adding my plants over the next couple of weeks

Fishtank.jpg

falcon1.jpg

falcon2.jpg

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    A few new denizens in the 120L. The big anubias is doing really well, but I'd like something tall along the back.
    picture.php?albumid=1626&pictureid=14105

Four boseman's rainbowfish

One albino longfin bristlenose pleco

And one of the two new otos in the 'Ube. They seem to have figured out to avoid my jerk of a gourami

Question: How much additive did you put in to get the water that dark?
    Have been adding blackwater extract myself at the recommended dosage, but i'm seeing no change in water colour...

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Question: How much additive did you put in to get the water that dark?
    Have been adding blackwater extract myself at the recommended dosage, but i'm seeing no change in water colour...

No additives are put in my tank at all, other than dechlorinator. Any tea staining in the water comes solely from the driftwood. A good hunk of wood, or some people use leaves (oak, I think), should stain the water nicely. It gets lighter after each water change.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭m4r10

You can use alder cones to stain the water, give them a rinse, put them in the tank and will be good for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Heres my new clearseal filled with invisible Tropheus :D
    250AC418-B992-4F6C-9C7E-2BDE93E552C7-4639-0000054533D8C00D.jpg

7ofBrian wrote: »
    Heres my new clearseal filled with invisible Tropheus :D

Allo,

Tank looks really well!

What type of sand did you go for? I love the brilliant white, and the background shows it off well.

Cichlid tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

its just crushed coral sand. im going to be filling it with tropheus when i get some stable readings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

• Registered Users Posts: 24,146 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Looks good, some nice corals in there but maybe a bit sparse?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I love the crab! And the sea slug thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Sleepy wrote: »
    Looks good, some nice corals in there but maybe a bit sparse?

Yeah you need to build it up really slow. everything is 4 times the price as Tropical so you need to make sure water parameters are perfect before adding in the next coral . If the tank crashes by adding to much to fast its not like a simple water change

• Advertisement

I got me a pretty new betta

photo3_zps9f49784f.jpg

nice.i should be getting my betta and some yellow shrimp in the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pellepil

Hi All, here is my 240 L shrimp tank.
    img3510s.jpg

Oh, that's beautiful. I love the moss, is it Christmas moss?

very nice.what kinds of shrimp do u have.i'm waiting on my yellows.in fact they should be arriving any minute now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pellepil

there is lots of mosses like peacock moss, christmass moss, java moss, singapore moss, phoenix moss,stringy moss. and shrimps red cherry , babaulti malaya, macrobrachium lanchesteri ,amano and all shrimps with poor color. I have also 12 x 25L shrimp tanks with : Red Cherry, Yellow, Blue Pearl, Babaulti Green, Red Rilli, Tiger, Deep Blue Tiger, Black Tiger BT0 ,Crystal Red SSSS (k14), Crystal Red and Black S, Hummel, Tibee-hybrids of tiger and crystal. I am just crazy about shrimps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭muckyhands

pellepil wrote: »
    there is lots of mosses like peacock moss, christmass moss, java moss, singapore moss, phoenix moss,stringy moss. and shrimps red cherry , babaulti malaya, macrobrachium lanchesteri ,amano and all shrimps with poor color. I have also 12 x 25L shrimp tanks with : Red Cherry, Yellow, Blue Pearl, Babaulti Green, Red Rilli, Tiger, Deep Blue Tiger, Black Tiger BT0 ,Crystal Red SSSS (k14), Crystal Red and Black S, Hummel, Tibee-hybrids of tiger and crystal. I am just crazy about shrimps :D

Fantastic, well done.

Im a big fan of shrimp - trouble is so are the Discus in the South American tank and as for the Tangs in the African set up- forget about it.

Have an empty Juwel aquarium, about 2 foot I think it is- a tank planted and dedicated to shrimp sounds great to me right about now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

My very humble Juwel Rekord 800 with an upgraded 600l/h pump :o

62B6AF3C602540F5AED043A567259C53-0000315931-0003127317-00800L-E7B457FFBE2D4A008B1BFC0BCC57B819.jpg

4x Oto's
    3x Albino Cory's
    5x Harlequin Rasboras
    A very shy Bristlenose Pleco
    6 Red Cherry Shrimp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

Wolfsberg wrote: »

Really nice setup

(noticed you put an img rather than youtube, so just corrected it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭buzz

Wolfsberg wrote: »

Really nice set up!!

What lights are you using?

Advertisement