Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

o1s1n wrote: »
    I love when stuff like this turns up in the oddest if places. Nice find dude. Will you be selling it on or keeping it you reckon?

Ill keep it.. although I do go through stages of wanting to sell all my gaming stuff... and then getting all nostalgic and changing my mind.

On a related note, got Starflight for the megadrive last week, bought solely on a old memory of playing it years ago , the game seemed so vast. Haven't got a chance to play it to see if it was as good as i think it was. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Some are worth money, others not so much. It's all down to whether collectors want them or not really.

Sure, they don't have booklets or nice artwork, but like promo/beta carts, some of them are rare. Rare + popular product = worth. I'd say Final Fantasy VII being multi disc makes it rarer than your average promo too. Plus you know how mental some Final Fantasy collectors are about stuff ;)

not sure about the older stuff, but some of the newer stuff can be great. most are just empty game boxes with promo copy not for resale across them, but then you get some great ones, like the God of War 3 one, with a Gold Coin, Scroll etc all in a wooden box with a slash of blood accross it (The Fiancee didnt know what it was when it arrived at the house, she thought there was going to be a finger or something in it). or the GT5 one in a big metal tin with artwork book, art disc and keyring. The one for infamous 2 was great, it was all in a battered envelope with fake photos, a wallet with fake ID and credit card etc like it was sent to you from a lost property office.

Mostly the sony promo media kits are good to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

my flirtation with retro gaming continues.. My RGB scart cable for my Sega Megadrive arrived this morning, along with my copy of FIFA 95. And I hooked up my N64 at the weekend too.. if i'm not careful this could end up becoming more an addiction than a fliration..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Roar wrote: »
    if i'm not careful this could end up becoming more an addiction than a fliration..

It will. It's an inevitability.

Oh and just some forwarning so you can make space, at some point in the next year we'll all have convinced into buying an arcade cab :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Small haul from Infideals, courtesy of our 20& discount code :cool:

Sega Mastersystem Light Phaser [set to stun]

30kc6xy.jpg

Super Smash TV, Jurassic Park, & Sonic Spinball

jaxwdi.jpg

Aladdin, Asterix, & Super Scope 6. The scope cart was £1, so leave me alone :p I've no scope, but just picked this up as I'll likely get one at some stage

otomqs.jpg

Vectrex - Cosmic Chasm
    Mastersystem - R Type

10pmyih.jpg

Atari 2600 - Outlaw & Air Sea Battle. Both £1 each

2cp5iyb.jpg

Atari 2600 - Stargate. This is the original name for the game, it was changed after the initial release to Defender 2 for legal reasons. £2.50

x51gcw.jpg

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    my flirtation with retro gaming continues.. My RGB scart cable for my Sega Megadrive arrived this morning, along with my copy of FIFA 95. And I hooked up my N64 at the weekend too.. if i'm not careful this could end up becoming more an addiction than a fliration..

I fear its too late, tell your friends to run & not look back, for you will only slow them down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ive a strange soft spot for sonic spinball :o

ive a strange soft spot for sonic spinball :o

I on the other hand don't, but what I am helpless against, is completion :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice one getting Stargate, I have it in it's Defender 2 guise and its outstanding! Remember to have a second controller for hyperspace! Probably my favourite 2600 title.

Master of the Universe

Jaysus Enternow, you fell off the wagon hard indeed. Nice lot of stuff.

So what'll be next? Some NTSC snes games like you were saying? Another cabinet? Endless possibilities...

• Advertisement

Jaysus Enternow, you fell off the wagon hard indeed. Nice lot of stuff.

So what'll be next? Some NTSC snes games like you were saying? Another cabinet? Endless possibilities...

I fell off big time, I blame Mr Korea & this cheap bandwagon gaming idea :(

On my next hitlist is:

Super Probotector,
    Jungle Hunt, Venture & the horrific Video Pinball for the 2600
    I wanna build up my 32X xollection, & get some more Jag carts too.

TL : DR? = More games needed than I have money to spend on :(

Glad to hear about Defender 2 Cidey, it looks like a massive improvement over the Defender port

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »
    TL : DR? = More games needed than I have money to spend on :(

Ah jaysis will ya stop! Over the last week I've had 8 parcels arrive and there's still more on the way. Plus that GameCube NR reader is €200 gone straight away from my next pay packet.

I'll get my famicom out to you this week btw!

Master of the Universe

Plus that GameCube NR reader is €200 gone straight away from my next pay packet.

Woah hang on, you bought an NR reader? Where'd you get that?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super Probotector,

Why? Those gay robots are gayer than cho aniki. Get the manly man version!

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Come on! Look at the title screen! They're grinding their arses! And for all we know, one of them is in the nip!

contra.gif

Contra 3? Whichever I can source cheapest I shall get. I know there's minimal text in the game, is it playable though from menu/options point of view?

I'm seriously thinking of getting a US Snes too. The games are so cheap & I don't wanna have to use pass thoughs or ruin my PAL one by cutting the cart slot. I can use that for PAL/JP, & maybe get a US one for those ugly carts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Come on! Look at the title screen! They're grinding their arses! And for all we know, one of them is in the nip!

contra.gif

There's a big difference between gay and bromance.
    Contra 3? Whichever I can source cheapest I shall get. I know there's minimal text in the game, is it playable though from menu/options point of view?

I'm seriously thinking of getting a US Snes too. The games are so cheap & I don't wanna have to use pass thoughs or ruin my PAL one by cutting the cart slot. I can use that for PAL/JP, & maybe get a US one for those ugly carts

Ah I'm only joking, If you can put up with the robots and have a 60Hz switch it's the same game.

Not sure it's worth getting a US SNES, they look horrible compared to the EU/JAP model.

Not sure it's worth getting a US SNES, they look horrible compared to the EU/JAP model.

I like the fact that they're an oddity over here, through they are an ugly brute. The actual reason being though, I'm looking at carts on ebay.com lately, the prices are very, very good on comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I actually think there's something nice about the design of the america snes. It all square and chunky.
    The buttons colours on the joypad are abomination. Its green, blue, yellow and red not some crappy shades of blue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Plus that GameCube NR reader is €200 gone straight away from my next pay packet.

Woah hang on, you bought an NR reader? Where'd you get that?!

Adverts. Ciderman posted a link to it in the bargains thread. Comes with unknown games and 5 new NR discs.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Adverts. Ciderman posted a link to it in the bargains thread. Comes with unknown games and 5 new NR discs.

I'd be really interested in seeing what's on those discs! Hopefully some early stage software.

I'd be really interested in seeing what's on those discs! Hopefully some early stage software.

Me too. It's the first not for public consumption gaming item I'll own!

Master of the Universe

It's a really nice piece to own. Any idea where it came from? (Other than adverts!)

If it was a dev house in Ireland somewhere then those discs very well could have something interesting on them.

Even if they don't, you'll still be able to bask in the smugness of owning some elite development hardware :pac:

It's a really nice piece to own. Any idea where it came from? (Other than adverts!)

If it was a dev house in Ireland somewhere then those discs very well could have something interesting on them.

Even if they don't, you'll still be able to bask in the smugness of owning some elite development hardware :pac:

No idea. I'll ask yer man about it when I pick it up. It's mad to find stuff like that on this little island

Master of the Universe

Just having a look at that advert, seems to be a heap of discs!

Damn it, I all jelly now. Never thought I'd be saying this, but I really must start watching adverts :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Tomy Mini arcade game , nice mate of mine dropped it over last night!
    (cheers antor)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My old school Casio F-91W watches arrived today. I'd forgotten how light they were and that green bulb that lights up the screen, old school.

I love it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, should be getting Geist and Odama for the GC by the weekend! Happy days!
    Still waiting on Puzzle Bobble for my Wonderswan, posting from Italy seems to take a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yep, Italy takes ages for some reason, I bought a game a while ago and took like 2 weeks to get here

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ah bollocks, my Mercs board is coming from Italy :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement