Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will I ever find him? ** Charlie home safe!! **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

ah jaysus, i've been following this thread in misery at your loss, so delighted for you, it's a massive massive win! well done you for not giving up, he's lucky to have such a caring owner. dogs of ireland could use a few more like you

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭excaliburhc

delighted to hear you got him back safely .

hope ye have a long life together

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Glad you got Charlie back; always nice to see the happy endings :)

As the saying goes "if only dogs could talk" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

it's weird he never got picked up by the dog warden. i've just spent the last couple of weeks getting weight back onto an emaciated boxer bitch and i found a cup of puppy meal 3/4 times a day, mixed with either 2 scrambled eggs or tuna in sunflower oil really worked at filling her out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I'm so glad to hear Charlie is home. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭saleda

Just made my day... so happy for you that you got your happy ending :)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

I'm absolutely thrilled to hear charlie is home with you, where he belongs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

YAAAAY!!!!! :D

Wonderful news, I'm so happy to hear he's back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I'm really happy to see this :) I came on specifically to check this thread, like I had a little feeling!

I'm so happy for you, and I'm sure he'll be spoiled with so many hugs :)
    I swear, that isn't a little tear in my eye though

• Registered Users Posts: 31 1holly1

So glad to hear charlie's back! Also at work trying to hide tears of happiness for you. Can't imagine what it must have been like for you the past few weeks. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

Thrilled for you! Like many other been following this without posting - and every day putting myself in your shoes and just feeling sick!
    When I was a child the dog at home was missing for 3 or 4 whole days in horribly icy, snowy conditions. He was a terrible ramber and was often missing for a few hours - but this time he didn't come back and didn't come back and every evening I'd race out from school to my father to see if he was home - I still remember trying to run on the iced over path to get to the car as fast as possible. He was a collie and was always thin, so he wouldn't have much to survive on. He turned up late one night - can still remember my father calling me out to him. He was thinner than ever, but not starving thin.
    Many, many months later I discovered a neighbour had brought him in and minded him for those days and was on about how thin he was etc - I sat next to the daughter for sewing and it came up in conversation one evening. I was aggrieved that they thought the dog wasn't fed properly, but at least we knew where he'd been!
    I bet someday you'll find more out too!
    That particular dog continued to go on his little forays for the rest of his life, but never again for longer than an hour or two.
    And he's probably the reason I lose my own reason if either of my current 2 are out of sight for very long!!
    Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Joyful news!!!

I'm filling up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Brilliant news, delighted to log in and finally see that he's home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Wonderful news, so happy for you :D

Welcome home Charlie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

is a crappy day outside but the sun is shining on boards today !! Great great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Been following this from the start. Absolutely delighted to see he's home. Best wishes to you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

Brilliant news!

Like everybody else I have been watching every day - so glad it turned out for the good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Absolutely wonderful news. I am really delighted that Charlie is safe...x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Been reading the thread from the start and was fearing the worst, but this is just the best news ever, my heart skipped a beat when I read Charlie had been found and the tears followed soon after. Delighted for you OP.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I haven't got internet access at home at the moment, but check in everyday, and always look to see if theres any news on this thread. I am so, so delighted that he's home safe and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

I just read this thread and OMG I'm so happy he is found. My heart was in my mouth reading it and I was in bits as I would lose my life if anything happened to our dog as he is our (baby) spoilt rotten!! so can imagine what OP was going through. God there is some very nice caring and good people out there. Well done!.
    You never gave up hope and the gang here supported you immensely. Give charlie hug from us
    Best wishes xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Nearly fell off the chair getting into this thread when I seen it said Charlie was home :D So unbelievably happy for you awman, and how brilliant that so many were keeping an eye out :D

Can breath a small sigh of relief this had a happy ending, was terrified for you for a bit :D. Spoil him rotten now ya hear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

I'm so glad he's home! I followed this thread for the last few weeks and everytime it updated I crossed my fingers before reading it hoping there was fgood news!

Delighted he's home!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 e29j07

so happy for you :D luis came home today,wondered into a neighbours garden,skin and bone and a sore eye! but home safe thank god. as we said our next posting would be that they are home and it is :D xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

This is just fantastic to hear, Charlie went missing around the same time my 14 year old cat died so I was really feeling your loss and willing for some good news. Every time I saw the thread since though was causing increasing dread.

I am beyond happy for you that this ended so well. I can't imagine Charlie's relieve at being back with his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Am delighted Charlie's home.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Welcome home Charlie! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've been following this on here as well as FB.

So very, very happy for you and the boy!

YAY for Charlie!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

I'm so thrilled to hear that Charlie's home with you again. I've been following this since the start and feared the worst - but hoped for the best! I've been bawling like a baby since I heard the news - it's absolutely brilliant!

It seems as if all those people praying for his safe return did the trick.

Big hugs and kisses to you both xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Traonach

happy0045.gifhappy0045.gif
    Charlie is one lucky dog, to have an owner who didn't give up hope and tried everything to get her beloved dog back. It must be like winning the lottery (only better):).

Advertisement