Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

everyone with a ps3 should get and play portal 2, its just awesome. or Red Dead Redemption, which is also awesome. I'm playing Red Dead and watching Deadwood at the mo, swearing like a cowboy at every chance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

krudler wrote: »
    everyone with a ps3 should get and play portal 2, its just awesome. or Red Dead Redemption, which is also awesome. I'm playing Red Dead and watching Deadwood at the mo, swearing like a cowboy at every chance :pac:
    Finished Portal 2 but still waiting on PSN to be restored so I can play the co-op!

Will be a bit disappointed if its not named MW3 but sure how bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

krudler wrote: »
    everyone with a ps3 should get and play portal 2, its just awesome. or Red Dead Redemption, which is also awesome.

RDR is a class game! traded that in recently.. kinda wish I had it during the out PSN meltdown..

Portal 2 is absolutely fantastic except its waaaaaay to short!!

Battleflag wrote: »
    Finished Portal 2 but still waiting on PSN to be restored so I can play the co-op!

Get a 2nd controller and play by yourself if you cant get any1 around..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvWnWdVhDkeoq5tgWSadNTZj6XfSlb_lafwTqxJqqdhYLTIMvm

hypermuse wrote: »
    RDR is a class game! traded that in recently.. kinda wish I had it during the out PSN meltdown..

Portal 2 is absolutely fantastic except its waaaaaay to short!!

the only problem i had with portal 2 is
    there arent enough test chambers and too many bits where you're wandering around huge areas looking for the one wall you can portal onto, especially during the Cave Johnson segments.
    that being said though I found it long enough where I didnt want it to end but wasnt at the "I just want to finish this now" feeling you get from some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109922-Rumor-Modern-Warfare-3-Going-Epic-With-Huge-Destructible-Levels

Huge levels eh?

Marathon better be a Perk 3 with unlimited sprint by default if this is true.

• Advertisement

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109922-Rumor-Modern-Warfare-3-Going-Epic-With-Huge-Destructible-Levels

Huge levels eh?

Marathon better be a Perk 3 with unlimited sprint by default if this is true.

Urban area, massive levels, destructible environments, WWIII? please let this be true, and this will be me starting MW3

tumblr_l5foyeuOnK1qzg15so1_500.jpg

^ hmmm "premium" being paying to unlock stuff, was kinda expected at some stage, still sh1te though, money grabbing bastards, it'll probably be the biggest selling game ever again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It better not be that it gives you an advantage, stronger guns etc. Let the grizz wannabes buy extra camoes, personalised shít all they want. I don't wanna get mauled cos I'm not willing to cough up extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

I would be very surprised if that would be the case. Don't be silly.

Possibility of a monthly subscription to use dedicated servers? I would pay for that. I know Kotick was going on about sub fees last year for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

"Moreover, it was confirmed that the new Call of Duty will be the first to offer players extra online options at a premium. "

I would safely bet that the extra service will include theater mode... technically its "new" to teh modern warefare serise so ca be seen as "extra" content. Seeing as that costs a fair bit in fiscal and bandwidth terms to maintain per user it'd be one of the first things they'd want to get on a subscription basis. Maybe dedicated servers if they are feeling nice.

Question is would I pay for dedicated servers? - Yup.
    Would I pay for the ability to upload to youtube easily? -Nope, I dont give a **** who sees me play! I aint looking for "subscirbers" or fans, I play video games for a past time not to try and feed an ego for people who try to pass off a past time as some kind of skill or status of respect.

Cram it Activision. If it has the same features as MW2 out of the box that'll suit me grand.

• Advertisement

I'd pay for dedicated servers as well, everyone on the same playing field would be great, no more of this host advantage sh1t.

theatre mode....ehh I dunno, if it has it in the game already then great, cos theres also something crazy that happens you wish you could see again but it would depend on how much it cost, a once off ting maybe, monthly fee? fcuk that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

hightower1 wrote: »
    "Moreover, it was confirmed that the new Call of Duty will be the first to offer players extra online options at a premium. "

I would safely bet that the extra service will include theater mode... technically its "new" to teh modern warefare serise so ca be seen as "extra" content. Seeing as that costs a fair bit in fiscal and bandwidth terms to maintain per user it'd be one of the first things they'd want to get on a subscription basis. Maybe dedicated servers if they are feeling nice.

Question is would I pay for dedicated servers? - Yup.
    Would I pay for the ability to upload to youtube easily? -Nope, I dont give a **** who sees me play! I aint looking for "subscirbers" or fans, I play video games for a past time not to try and feed an ego for people who try to pass off a past time as some kind of skill or status of respect.
    Cram it Activision. If it has the same features as MW2 out of the box that'll suit me grand.

lol.

I'd imagine it'll be like what valve did with portal 2, new char/gun skins / facepaints etc

I doubt that dedicated servers would be included, It would split the community too much. You wouldn't beable to play with friends on the dedicated servers unless they had it etc

But yeah.. i can see them charging for the use of theatre mode, this would be anoying... and i'd expect a big backlash tbh.

If it doesnt have some amazing features i can see this backfiring on them(more so if they take away things like theatre mode), especially with BF3 coming in all guns blazing at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Looks like the premium service is going to be called "Call of Duty Elite"

2n7gpjd.jpg

This is supposedly the games logo leaked out

2aabvhh.jpg

iMuse wrote: »
    Looks like the premium service is going to be called "Call of Duty Elite"

LMAO! Ha ha ha "Elite" now means "sucker".
    Will take great pride in owning the "elite" douches online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

LMAO! Ha ha ha "Elite" now means "sucker".
    Will take great pride in owning the "elite" douches online.

You do not even know what is on offer to the Elite crowd. And I doubt that we will be able to tell in the future who is and is not an "Elite".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CORaven wrote: »
    And I doubt that we will be able to tell in the future who is and is not an "Elite".

You most likely will as it will be a form of advertising. It's already done in the Forza 3 Members Club, players in the club have a symbol beside their name so everyone knows that they are a member.

You do not even know what is on offer to the Elite crowd. And I doubt that we will be able to tell in the future who is and is not an "Elite".

Knowing Activision and what would appeal to the "leet" crowd we will defo know who has paid over the odds by way of some faggy clan tag / emblems / camos / skins.

Will be nice though to see one of them "leets" - snigger - :D running round thinking they are the dogs balls and getting buckshock spammed.

Definition of elite = qualatativly above the standard, better than the majority .

Definition of paying above the odds for the sake of badge of status = douche.

You know the type of player that will gobble this ****e up like a pronstar gobblin a mickey... teenager, thinks he is the top 10% in the world, usually the one talking about someones "mum" in the lobby, quits when is loosing etc. Ya know..... THAT guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Let them waste their pocket money on custom camos for all I care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

If you were to step back and look at the development for Black Ops it is important to note that Bungie gave a large helping hand technology-wise in the new features that were implemented. Theatre mode, video rendering, detailed statistics and heatmaps, in game integration of the friends list and party chat, Fileshare and custom games are just a few of the new features which Halo Reach had under it's belt before the release of BOps.

If I were to make a reasonable guess at what the Elite service will provide, they would be based on what the Bungie Pro account does. Apllied to the Call of Duty series, I would expect to see:
    • Additional fileshare slots
    • Theatre mode post beta - video rendering larger than 30seconds
    • Better quality rendering

And I can see the potential for:
    • Greater character customisation
    • A larger selection of emblems and such
    • Extra class slots (not in favour of, and I think this was hinted before Black Ops)
    • Additional XP opportunities, either through more contracts-style challenges avalible, or just a bonus to XP earned (would not be in favour of)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://uk.kotaku.com/5800758/is-this-modern-warfare-3s-cover

Kotaku is now reporting a leaked cover which matches the style of the logo. Or else there's a consistent hoaxer about.

• Advertisement

Knowing Activision and what would appeal to the "leet" crowd we will defo know who has paid over the odds by way of some faggy clan tag / emblems / camos / skins.

Will be nice though to see one of them "leets" - snigger - :D running round thinking they are the dogs balls and getting buckshock spammed.

Definition of elite = qualatativly above the standard, better than the majority .

Definition of paying above the odds for the sake of badge of status = douche.

You know the type of player that will gobble this ****e up like a pronstar gobblin a mickey... teenager, thinks he is the top 10% in the world, usually the one talking about someones "mum" in the lobby, quits when is loosing etc. Ya know..... THAT guy.

Imma get it just to piss people off :D Besides... im top .5% in the world and mum jokes are pretty funny... right lee ? :D:D:D

Seriously tho, im interested to see what it'll actually include, it will probably be a load of **** tho, like you said.

If you were to step back and look at the development for Black Ops it is important to note that Bungie gave a large helping hand technology-wise in the new features that were implemented. Theatre mode, video rendering, detailed statistics and heatmaps, in game integration of the friends list and party chat, Fileshare and custom games are just a few of the new features which Halo Reach had under it's belt before the release of BOps.

If I were to make a reasonable guess at what the Elite service will provide, they would be based on what the Bungie Pro account does. Apllied to the Call of Duty series, I would expect to see:

And I can see the potential for:
    • Greater character customisation
    • A larger selection of emblems and such
    • Extra class slots (not in favour of, and I think this was hinted before Black Ops)
    • Additional XP opportunities, either through more contracts-style challenges avalible, or just a bonus to XP earned (would not be in favour of)

That does sound interesting tbh, i really don't like the idea of a subscription based payment tho. It would be handy for those that don't have a HD PVR or a capture card. Maybe they could include like a map editor like you see with halo, that would be class...

It'd want to be soething very good on offer to sucker me into paying overthe odds but when i say good I mean extra weapons, maps etc which it wont be in a milllion years.

Aside from the appearing like a sucker in lobbies reason for not paying for "elite" I wouldnt buy it on the grounds that the greedy little trol faced Kotec will see it as a green light for full subscription based systems.

This is testing the water for the likes of him and I'm not going to give a freakin inch to it. Its not like games are cheap @ 60bucks then another 15for map packs?! Ancillery costs then of bb subscription per month, xbl subscription per month and yousee that someone with just a xbox who wants to play COD online ends up paying a massive amount for the pleasue.

Forget it Activision. Bog standard MW3 for me thanks.

If its camos and character skins then fcuk that, somethat actually adds to the game like a more enchanced theatre mode or more maps and guns or something then fine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

[/LIST]

I think that the video rendering will allow voice overlays, addition of some music, and other things of that nature. I feel they are gonna try to appeal to the COD commentary community and make everyone think they can be huge like woody. I'd pay for that just to have something to play around with really.

I also think video rendering will go up to 14 mins or so, so that people can incorporate their own artsy theater mode. Basically, I think it's gonna be like a Sony Vegas lite suite on your xBox/PS3/PC that only works with COD.

The price of this "elite status" better be low and preferrably buyable using Microsoft points rather than credit card.

The only real downside I see for it so far, is the community, you are gonna have alot of whiney 12 year olds who think they are brilliant because they have the COD-Elite symbol. Just like the kids who think they are great when they glitch to high prestiges.

The only real downside I see for it so far, is the community, you are gonna have alot of whiney 12 year olds who think they are brilliant because they have the COD-Elite symbol. Just like the kids who think they are great when they glitch to high prestiges.

No the real downside to this will be Kotec sitting back and thinking "Well jeez, looks like they ARE willing to pay a subscription based model on COD"... que all further iterations of the franchise then being subscription based. All because tools wanted to show off on youtube to kids. Congratulations to them.

The ONLY way that this would benefit the consumer would be if it was set up on micro transactions - for instance everyone with full access to a theater mode BUT you pay to upload per clip. 50c per 10 min clip or so. That way childish muppets who want to upload to youtube out of some need for subscribers stemming from terrible self esteem can get the virtual pat on the back they crave and then normal folks who dont give a ****e but would find it nice to be able upload the one or two clips in a blue moon of something funny happening can.... and not have to pay a subscription for that sparse use.

Now do you think Kotec HASNT thought of that????? Of coarse they have but they are counting on the immaturity of the COD community to take over and will slap "elite" on anything they can and the kids will lap it up thinking it actually means a dam... elite = net profit for Activision.
    They are counting on this immaturity for people to blindly buy into something month after month that they simply would not get the value out of and that the game SHOULD have included from the get go.

It says a lot about what activision think of you and me.... they go year after year not even updating the ****ing engine and barely changing the standard COD formula but now they are willing to try new things and add something extra..... for a monthly price on top. So in short they see having a game series that never really attempts to change or add anything as NORMAL and that making sequel after sequel suddenly then trying to add something new or adding to the standard formula somehow deserves a cash increase to them? Im sorry but I was under the belief that adding something new to each sequel was pretty much how EVERYTHING works from movies to games. No for Kotec though... standard artistic practices are just an opportunity to charge more from the customer.

Normal folks thought=

Make a product that sells well...
    Make a sequel so you should add more and evolve the initial concept to keep people interested.

Koticks thoughts =

Make a sequel so you should add more and evolve the initial concept to keep people interested.
    Now charge more for the privilege.

bobby-kotick-money-bags.jpg

I'd view them the same was as I view 10th Prestige symbols now, easy targets most of the time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

No the real downside to this will be Kotec sitting back and thinking "Well jeez, looks like they ARE willing to pay a subscription based model on COD"... que all further iterations of the franchise then being subscription based. All because tools wanted to show off on youtube to kids. Congratulations to them.

The ONLY way that this would benefit the consumer would be if it was set up on micro transactions - for instance everyone with full access to a theater mode BUT you pay to upload per clip. 50c per 10 min clip or so. That way childish muppets who want to upload to youtube out of some need for subscribers stemming from terrible self esteem can get the virtual pat on the back they crave and then normal folks who dont give a ****e but would find it nice to be able upload the one or two clips in a blue moon of something funny happening can.... and not have to pay a subscription for that sparse use.

Now do you think Kotec HASNT thought of that????? Of coarse they have but they are counting on the immaturity of the COD community to take over and will slap "elite" on anything they can and the kids will lap it up thinking it actually means a dam... elite = net profit for Activision.
    They are counting on this immaturity for people to blindly buy into something month after month that they simply would not get the value out of and that the game SHOULD have included from the get go.

It says a lot about what activision think of you and me.... they go year after year not even updating the ****ing engine and barely changing the standard COD formula but now they are willing to try new things and add something extra..... for a monthly price on top. So in short they see having a game series that never really attempts to change or add anything as NORMAL and that making sequel after sequel suddenly then trying to add something new or adding to the standard formula somehow deserves a cash increase to them? Im sorry but I was under the belief that adding something new to each sequel was pretty much how EVERYTHING works from movies to games. No for Kotec though... standard artistic practices are just an opportunity to charge more from the customer.

Normal folks thought=

Koticks thoughts =

Now charge more for the privilege.

bobby-kotick-money-bags.jpg

genuine lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

164497-Robert-Bobby-Koti_7170954x3.jpg

LEAVE BOBBY ALONE!!!!!!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

:eek: Have to watch this, he knows a lot of info bout mw3

Advertisement