Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suggestions for party venue in city centre?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Birneybau wrote: »
    I'd recommend Against the Grain on Wexford Street but can't imagine they'd give over the top floor for a private party. Could try it, might get a few tables anyway.

They will actually, although the OP has tried and they're booked so this is really only useful for future use by someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 DS2

Upstairs at Brew Dock?

Will try that also

Doesn't have to be solely a craft beer place, just sell a few of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I had my 30th upstairs in Jack Nealons, the whole room costs about €250 but you can book half the room for free if you think you will have less than 50.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I had my 30th upstairs in Jack Nealons, the whole room costs about €250 but you can book half the room for free if you think you will have less than 50.

First place I tried and booked out. But thanks for the suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Eastside Tavern or The Gingerman?

cee_jay wrote: »

Do you have to have a meal at the Eastside?
    Will look at both
    Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Central hotel has a good venue, though the beer selection is small.

Thanks all, I'm checking out a couple of the places and will get back to you
    Oscars, Fishamble Street too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

cee_jay wrote: »

Eastside Tavern has Pichet upstairs at the moment while their normal venue is being refitted so that won't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭francois

the trinity inn private bar is great, 200 deposit
    http://www.trinityinndublin.com/

Booked Oscars Fishamble Street in the end
    They were helpful and friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I think the guys who run O'Neills on Pearse street will open up the pub across from it (they own it too) for private functions if you have the numbers. They may not do it for only 30 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

DS2 wrote: »
    Hi old thread, new query
    I need a venue for my 50th Birthday for 30 people max. Need a venue good atmosphere, not overrun with Saturday night revelers. Good music a bonus
    Craft beer, wines would be great. For early April. Something nice for the ladies and good beers for the lads. Private room or area would be the preference
    Thanks

Waterloo at Baggot St bridge will give you the space at the rear downstairs, would fit 30 at a squeeze, but folks can always overflow into the bar if you like.

Unless it is a venue that is always very busy, you shouldn't be paying extra for the privilege of bringing a pile of paying customers to a venue. Some places might do free finger food for a good crowd, maybe not just 30 though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bambi wrote: »
    I think the guys who run O'Neills on Pearse street will open up the pub across from it (they own it too) for private functions if you have the numbers. They may not do it for only 30 though.

Its the Trinity Inn two posts above yours - minimum is 50 though.

Update: Oscars Fishamble Street turned out fantastic. Music was brilliant, party food high standard, staff super helpful. Dj at 1030 excellent we all danced the night away till 2am. My friends loved the place. 100% recommend
    It can take small and large groups FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

DS2 wrote: »
    Update: Oscars Fishamble Street turned out fantastic. Music was brilliant, party food high standard, staff super helpful. Dj at 1030 excellent we all danced the night away till 2am. My friends loved the place. 100% recommend
    It can take small and large groups FYI

Glad it turned out so well! Can I ask how much you paid to book the venue? Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks!

I paid a 100euro deposit within a week to confirm booking. This money was credited against the food on the night.

Advertisement