Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nokia Lumia 800 problem

• 04-06-2013 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭

My Son's Nokia Lumia 800 screen has come detached from its main body. Now I reckon its just a case of resticking it, but I dont want to use superglue incase it does something to the screen (fumes). Is there any other type of glue anyone could recommend to use...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Can you post some pictures of it?

Was it dropped or damaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

@Davy

This happened before for no reason, so brought it back to place where I got replacement part as screen was broken before. They restuck it but it has popped out again. It was some job to get them to restick it as they were saying it was dropped etc...So it's not a thing to drop it back to them again as I don't have faith in them now. The screen is working perfect but it's the proximity sensor that won't work properly if screen is loose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thats a botch job. The screen shouldn't be or need to be glued to the chassis.

If you lift the cover on the usb port, can you see the screw in place under the hinge, and also one in the opposite corner when you remove the sim card tray?

The display should latch on the bottom of the housing, and then insert on the top and then held in place by screwing the two screws I mentioned above. No glue needed. The piece on the right of your picture should be on the back of the housing and not stuck in the phone.

Im guessing it was not a nokia repair center that did this? Did they supply and fit the first broken screen?

The narrow ribbon cable you see connecting to the back of the display is for the prox sensor, be careful that it doesn't get damaged

Well to be honest I thought it was a genuine nokia part when I bought it. But didnt buy it from a Nokia repair center. Yeah I knew about the screws at top near sim and USB port. Just took it aprt there now and the chassis and screen are two parts now...well suppose you get what you pay for...

mad m wrote: »
    Well to be honest I thought it was a genuine nokia part when I bought it. But didnt buy it from a Nokia repair center. Yeah I knew about the screws at top near sim and USB port. Just took it aprt there now and the chassis and screen are two parts now...well suppose you get what you pay for...

Your best way forward is bring to a nokia repair centre and pay for it to be put right, OR glue the frame to the display and then install correctly with the screws properly. (those T5 screws are meant to be replaced and not reused when opened)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice Davy, got a good contact glue, stuck back screen, left over night to cure. Put it back in and now it seems the board is blown! $hite!!

Hit power button and don't even get the vibrate on start up and screen doesn't come on. Gutted...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Have you tried resetting it? (vol up button and power for 10/20seconds (can't remember which) or failing that, hard reset - vol up, power and camera buttons)

mad m wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice Davy, got a good contact glue, stuck back screen, left over night to cure. Put it back in and now it seems the board is blown! $hite!!

Hit power button and don't even get the vibrate on start up and screen doesn't come on. Gutted...

Was the screen working just before you put the glue on?

You didn't apply loads that was dropping off that it could damage the board?

Did you disconnect any other ribbon cables?

Have tried the reset process and nothing. I put the least amount of glue on screen. The screen was working just before I took it out, plus while taking it out with special tool I have I accidentally hit off power button and phone came on, so knocked it off before I detached screen.

Advertisement