Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HTC One V bricked, please help!

Options
  • 19-03-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Ok so I got the HTC one v a bit after Christmas and it was good and everything but I decided I'd like to update it to jellybean. I rooted and it and all and everything was going fine. I made a mistake flashing the ROM onto it and bricked it. Its on the Three network and I'm wondering if anyone can link me to the right RUU for it. If there's anymore info needed just ask and I'll answer as best I can. Thanks in advanced for any help given!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Milfhunter

Search or ask on xda developers, you got a much better chance of getting an answer there. If you find the RUU list, it should be the HTC Europe one thats for your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 doozer96

Milfhunter wrote: »
    Search or ask on xda developers, you got a much better chance of getting an answer there. If you find the RUU list, it should be the HTC Europe one thats for your phone.

I tried that and there's like 3-4 for HTC Europe but thanks for the answer, I'll try there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

This might help you find the correct RUU for you.

doozer96 wrote: »
    I tried that and there's like 3-4 for HTC Europe but thanks for the answer, I'll try there![/Qqas E]

I think there just different versions of android as in when I got a ruu for my sensation I had no idea what version it was and got a gingerbread one by mistake. You can just get back to the latest firmware by system updates although I had to do like 15 :L

Kavrocks wrote: »

Those Ruu's are for the sensation not the one v.

• Advertisement

doozer96 wrote: »
    I tried that and there's like 3-4 for HTC Europe but thanks for the answer, I'll try there![/Qqas E]

I think there just different versions of android as in when I got a ruu for my sensation I had no idea what version it was and got a gingerbread one by mistake. You can just get back to the latest firmware by system updates although I had to do like 15 :L

Actually yeah I never thought of that! :L

Kavrocks wrote: »

Thanks! There's instructions and all, this should help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Those Ruu's are for the sensation not the one v.
    Wow you are really on the ball. Next time try opening your eyes and reading a bit before jumping the gun and looking like an idiot.

That post contains a guide about RUU's to help you find the correct one for your phone and walks you through installing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

I think i have bricked my HTC ONE. I installed some apps but they say I need root? so after looking into rooting the fone , I tryed it. I have unlocked it, placed superSU.zip on the card, installed it but when i reboot it goes back to TEAM WIN RECOVERY screen. The phones warranty is now void so i cant send it back to be fixed (or can i). Really stuck and very new to rooting. Please help me!! Fome is only 2 monthe old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

steloide wrote: »
    I think i have bricked my HTC ONE. I installed some apps but they say I need root? so after looking into rooting the fone , I tryed it. I have unlocked it, placed superSU.zip on the card, installed it but when i reboot it goes back to TEAM WIN RECOVERY screen. The phones warranty is now void so i cant send it back to be fixed (or can i). Really stuck and very new to rooting. Please help me!! Fome is only 2 monthe old.

If you got team win recovery it is now time to flash a custom Rom to your phone - go to XDA, download the Rom you want to try, put it on your SD card - from there go back to your team win recovery - factory reset / wipe data / wipe dalvik cache then install from zip file, then reboot and your new Rom should start....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

Yes I got it thanks for all the help. Androids are a lot of fun :-D

Advertisement