Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Idiotic Things Going Viral

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Or even more annoying, the posts on Facebook re privacy settings and facebook charging for accounts. Or everyone sharing pieces of fake American law which will somehow safeguard against someone stealing your photos. Jaysis!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Eww, Harlem Shake was sooo last week.
    It's all about Gallon Smashing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

what a f*ckin' idiot !!

Wasting food really really bothers me. What an absolute scumbag this tit is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Like I said,people don't care once they get on some media.

Ands idiots will think this is great.

Just like reality tv and wwf wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

Wurly wrote: »
    Yes, I get that. But what I don't get is that HOW something SO terrible is deemed to be SO entertaining.

I might as well do a video of me standing there, scratching my arse!

Anyway - here is Harlem's reaction to the Harlem Shake. Ha! I rest my case.:)

IGH2HEgWppc
    thats actualy not a bad idea...why not do it?
    make it a boards controled social experiment,we can follow its rise to famousness on here.:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

brokenarms wrote: »
    I have ended up watchin this every day now. It just gets better.

Needs some Bon Jovi

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

The guy in the video is such a cock. What happens if somebody genuinely falls on the milk he just burst and hurts themselves and sues the supermarket cos somebodies acting the spastic. The idiocy of some people never ceases to amaze me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Chillax guy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Okay..... thats grand. But it's still not even mildly entertaining, funny or remotely amazing!! It's kinda like - so f*cking what?!?

Problem here, of course, is that what is amusing and what isn't amusing isn't an absolute fact (like the what does not exist list which includes Darth Vader, non Catholic Gods and the Beast of Craggy Island), it's a matter of opinion. And there are clearly a f*ckload of people out there who don't share yours ;)

• Advertisement

Wasting food really really bothers me. What an absolute scumbag this tit is.

Ah now you're only looking for things to get annoyed at :L

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

antodeco wrote: »
    I bet you can't name a fish that doesn't have an A in it

Monkfish or herring??!!

Problem here, of course, is that what is amusing and what isn't amusing isn't an absolute fact (like the what does not exist list which includes Darth Vader, non Catholic Gods and the Beast of Craggy Island), it's a matter of opinion. And there are clearly a f*ckload of people out there who don't share yours ;)

Oh of course :). I don't get it though is what i'm saying. And i'm interested in hearing from people who DO find it funny. I want to understand it better. WHAT is so funny? Because I lterally don't get it. I have to be missing something, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

keelanj69 wrote: »
    1 like = 1 prayer

1 share= 1,000 prayers

Duvetdays wrote: »

The guy in the video is such a cock. What happens if somebody genuinely falls on the milk he just burst and hurts themselves and sues the supermarket cos somebodies acting the spastic. The idiocy of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Then that happens. I don't care. Do you usually take everything on the internet as seriously as you're taking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

Jesus some lads will give out over anything

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Then that happens. I don't care. Do you usually take everything on the internet as seriously as you're taking this?

I just don't find it funny. Maybe I'm getting old nor do I understand how anybody over 17 could possibly find something like that funny either. I just don't get half the sh!t that's goes viral.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Actually, it is measurable by some independent means. People generally find something funnier if they think it's smart. If you tell a joke and people think the punchline is smart, they'll find it funnier. It's used as a way to determine intelligence

This means that you can directly correlate someones intelligence with what they find funny.

Therefore, people who like/make Harlem shake videos are idiots.

Duvetdays wrote: »

I just don't find it funny. Maybe I'm getting old nor do I understand how anybody over 17 could possibly find something like that funny either. I just don't get half the sh!t that's goes viral.

For me, it's the reactions of the other people in the supermarket. There's one from America and the reactions of the other shoppers are priceless :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Feckin hell. Bon Jovi and a goat.

There is tears streaming from my eye with laughter..

That's even better than Taylor Swift.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I think corporations are behind these videos, record companies, etc

I don't get most of them, or think they're funny,

Like this if you think I've no sense of humour :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If you don't like it, don't watch it!! Don't piss on other people having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Grayson wrote: »
    Actually, it is measurable by some independent means. People generally find something funnier if they think it's smart. If you tell a joke and people think the punchline is smart, they'll find it funnier. It's used as a way to determine intelligence

This means that you can directly correlate someones intelligence with what they find funny.

Therefore, people who like/make Harlem shake videos are idiots.

It's science folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I'm going to Germany for 21 months.

Fcuk off.

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

:confused::confused:

That's what I did first when a bunch of women started putting sh1t like that in their statuses.

It keeps popping up with different countries and months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

They are just fads made global via Youtube. Everyone wants in on what is happening at that moment and they can choose to dismiss or engage. All the better if it is something that inspires reaction from the public, like flashmobs and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

IvySlayer wrote: »
    If you don't like it, don't watch it!! Don't piss on other people having fun.

That's one that went viral too.

People would drink a load of beer on a rooftop and then wait until people were having fun on the street below and then piss on them. It was great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Thanks this post if you want no poverty.
    Ignore if you've no heart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I like it on the floor/on the bed/on the kitchen table etc.

Advertisement