Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The most damage an animal has caused to your car etc.

• 22-05-2012 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭

Just dropped my car into the car and it's going to cost me about €250 to fix the ABS modules etc thanks to next door a fúckin dog chasing a cat into my wheel arch and ripping the wires to pieces.:(
    My own fault...the kids were knocking on the car telling me the dog was going nuts around my car and I ignored them for about 10 minutes before chasing cat+dog off :mad:

So...what damage has an animal caused to your car etc..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

A hen pheasant cracked a fog lamp on my Opel Astra H. About 70 euro for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

There are large scuff marks along one side of my car where a bastard pigeon flew into the side of my car one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭eg6 vtec

i broke a mirror off a dears head one night driving home from carlow, i stopped and had a look to see if the dear was ok and it just ran off, i thought i had hit it with the front of the car at 1st because there was a very big bang, had a look seen nothing then seen the p/s mirror hanging down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,067 ✭✭✭Mech1

Customers Jaguar v12 convertable, it shared a container on a ship from Los Angeles to Dublin with a mouse or rat!

Full engine wiring looms wrecked, all plug leads, holes in rad and heater pipes.

Took days and a couple of grand to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Was taking a trip down to family in Sligo and decided to take the dog with me.

We got to Lucan and she decided to spend the rest of the trip vomiting :(
    Don't think I could put a price on damage from her getting sick on the seat/carpet, but not the ideal thing you want in the car.
    Still, felt worse for her than the car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Not me thank fook but the mother in laws husband has an MG convertable which a cat decided to make the soft top into a bed to enjoy the sun, clawed it to bits over a weekend while no one was home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

Mech1 wrote: »
    Customers Jaguar v12 convertable, it shared a container on a ship from Los Angeles to Dublin with a mouse or rat!

Full engine wiring looms wrecked, all plug leads, holes in rad and heater pipes.

Took days and a couple of grand to sort it.

Would that not having been covered by the shipping company no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Hit a pigeon on the motorway, smashed the front grill on my corsa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Fox.. new front bumper, fog lights, grill, underside of engine protector gone. Think my front left ABS sensor is broken as well, cars keeps braking when I turn hard on that wheel by itself... 318ci

€450 later I think :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,067 ✭✭✭Mech1

C4Kid wrote: »
    Would that not having been covered by the shipping company no ?

I dont know who eventually paid for it, but we where paid by the customer.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭pcardin

hit moose with my e34 on rainy dark autumn evening back in 1999. Car was unrepairable. Moose too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

pcardin wrote: »
    hit moose with my e34 on rainy dark autumn evening back in 1999. Car was unrepairable. Moose too. :(
    I hope you took the moose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

eg6 vtec wrote: »
    i broke a mirror off a dears head one night driving home from carlow, i stopped and had a look to see if the dear was ok and it just ran off, i thought i had hit it with the front of the car at 1st because there was a very big bang, had a look seen nothing then seen the p/s mirror hanging down

Any chance you could hit my aul dear's head! Lol!

I've never hit an animal but a friend of the families had a car end up on its roof in their garden about 10 years ago. As the fella was driving along at 60 mph a bird flew out of the hedge and he thought it was going to hit his window so swerved! Lost control and went through their hedge. Wrote his car off so that was pretty expensive.

I hope you took the moose.

I had no choice. It was already halfway in my car. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Was he tasty? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Fox.. new front bumper, fog lights, grill, underside of engine protector gone. Think my front left ABS sensor is broken as well, cars keeps braking when I turn hard on that wheel by itself... 318ci

€450 later I think :mad:
    Ya could of just bought a gun and shot him for that price if ya really wanted to kill him!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I've seen a broken front bumper, busted radiator and AC condenser along with a bent bumper bar. It was an unmarked Garda car after they hit a cat they said:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I hit a stag one night near Oxford, I think the bill was nearly 10k on a brand new Scania.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Was heading down towards tallaght from up by the hellfire club a few years back. Some bloke along that road has a few horses, they got out of the stables and tore up the road. Car infront of me hit one, which went over the car and into my van and another hit the side of my van. Their car was written off, passanger was injured but not too bad. Front of my van was damaged and side door was bust. No idea what happened to the horses...

Was he tasty? ;)

Like a drunken beef :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

42 pigeons shat down the side of my van yesterday(at least it looked like the sh1t from 42 pigeons)-the feckers perch on the roof rack. I also bought a brand new van and the old fella asked me to stop cattle with it(I had it about an hour, despite whinging, old lad was adamant-"block the feckin gap, now"). 1 bullock broke for freedom and jumped the bonnet without much showjumping skills, landed on the wing and bonnet and made bits of them. Old lad thought it was funny, I didn't, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I hit a stag one night near Oxford, I think the bill was nearly 10k on a brand new Scania.
    And Corkie wins the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gerdee

My mum was driving my sis's vw polo and she hit a labrador. 3k for the repairs.

A guy I used to work with hit a few crows early one morning on the Dublin-Limerick road (before the motorways). He thought no more of it. Later, he passed a guard with a speed gun and as he was passing she just slowly lowered the gun and stared at the car. Transpired one of the crows was spread across the front of his car. So in that instance, it proababy saved him money. By his own admission he was well above the speed limit

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭worc

Ouch - I hit a stag, or technically the stag hit me. He came running out of the ditch and actually dipped his antlers into the front right of the car ... put antler dents into the bonnet and took off the side mirror. He was half on the front of the car but when I pulled over he had run off no bother on him...was doing 80kph.

Car wasn't worth much so got mirror in scrappage place and car lived with the war wounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,716 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I hit a dog whilst travelling at high speed. Car needed a headlight,,a wing, new bonnet, and a front bumper. total cost was €1200, but the worst part was telling the owner their 13 year old family pet was dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

worc wrote: »
    Ouch - I hit a stag, or technically the stag hit me. He came running out of the ditch and actually dipped his antlers into the front right of the car ... put antler dents into the bonnet and took off the side mirror. He was half on the front of the car but when I pulled over he had run off no bother on him...was doing 80kph.

Car wasn't worth much so got mirror in scrappage place and car lived with the war wounds.

This cnut was huge. His antlers even smashed the bottom of the windscreen I will never get that image out of my head.. Actually ot but thats how I got with my now wife...

Long story..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Some bird left dents all over my bonnet one night :pac:

Some bird left dents all over my bonnet one night :pac:

Your real name isn't Georgie Burgess by any chance is it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

I got keyed by a dunk Badger in letterfrack

• Advertisement

This cnut was huge. His antlers even smashed the bottom of the windscreen I will never get that image out of my head.. Actually ot but thats how I got with my now wife...

Long story..:D

Yeah you officially win the thread - you got a wife out of it also! Jaysus...:eek:

Advertisement