Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

travel buddy to australia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭skwinty

@graduate24

i'm heading in october, straight to perth first!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hp27ky

hi im 26 yo guy, heading to Sydney on the 21st of September by myself, flying with Malaysian Airlines from Dublin, if anyone is in the same boat and wants a travel buddy :cool:

Hi , I booked last Wed and flew SAt, in Kathmandu for a few weeks, on day 3 of trek to Everest base camp, altitude sickness kicking in today so not feeling great . I am booked to land in OZ Perth on 12th Spet, but that could change

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tableturn

Hi there, 23/male heading from the good old emerald isle to Oz in late sep/ early oct. thinking of brisbane to start off. going on my own, but would like company from anybody in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SuzieK86

So happy to see so many people in the same boat as me, I'm 26, female and just came out of a long term relationship. I've always wanted to go to Australia and now is the right time for me. I'm in the process of moving from Bristol back to home (Drogheda) so I won't be leaving for about 4-6 months, I need to get my funds sorted, anyone else thinking of travelling early next year??

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Hey,

28 year old male here. I'm also heading over. Hoping to go at the end of December. Going to fly into Sydney but hoping to head up to Melbourne to look for work.

I'm also looking for a travel budd :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 hp808

SuzieK86 wrote: »
    So happy to see so many people in the same boat as me, I'm 26, female and just came out of a long term relationship. I've always wanted to go to Australia and now is the right time for me. I'm in the process of moving from Bristol back to home (Drogheda) so I won't be leaving for about 4-6 months, I need to get my funds sorted, anyone else thinking of travelling early next year??

hey suzi im 22 female thinking of goiing early january! what part you going to first?

hp808 wrote: »
    hey suzi im 22 female thinking of goiing early january! what part you going to first?

Hiya, I'd love to aim for early January, it's just a matter of getting the money together but if I'm sorted by then I could definitely go. Not sure of where to start off over there but I've heard either Sydney or Brisbane are good places to settle. In saying that, I've no concrete plans and I'm happy to go along with anything really ;) Have you any particular plans yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Natalie2012

Hello Everyone, Well my story is that I am a 25 year old female. I am very interested in heading to Australia next year on a Working Holiday Visa. I am a very easy going person and would like to get in contact with anyone who is in the same boat and wants to travel but like myself does not want to go alone! :):D

Hello Everyone, Well my story is that I am a 25 year old female. I am very interested in heading to Australia next year on a Working Holiday Visa. I am a very easy going person and would like to get in contact with anyone who is in the same boat and wants to travel but like myself does not want to go alone! :):D

Hi Natalie, it sounds like there's definitely a gang of us in the same boat! It's definitely a bit up in the air for me at the minute, in regards to specifically when I'll be able to go, when were you thinking of heading?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 andydunleavy

29 year old fella leaving on a working holiday visa, flying 25th september
    dublin, heathrow, singapore, perth
    "british airways & sinagpore airlines"

• Advertisement

Hi Natalie, it sounds like there's definitely a gang of us in the same boat! It's definitely a bit up in the air for me at the minute, in regards to specifically when I'll be able to go, when were you thinking of heading?

Hi Suzie,

I am not too sure yet but it will definitely be before September of next year. :D

29 year old fella leaving on a working holiday visa, flying 25th september
    dublin, heathrow, singapore, perth
    "british airways & sinagpore airlines"

Hi Andy,

Good luck with the travel plans, are you qualified in anything in particular or are you just going out to make the most of things?:D

Hi Andy,

Good luck with the travel plans, are you qualified in anything in particular or are you just going out to make the most of things?:D

trade work not my kinda thing, years of experience in the sales and retail game. i'll do the usual farm work next year which enables the second year and take it from there.

trade work not my kinda thing, years of experience in the sales and retail game. i'll do the usual farm work next year which enables the second year and take it from there.

Sounds good. :)

Sounds good. :)

doesn't it just, good luck with your own trip whenever you decide to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cheap digital slr cameras

Just a simple advice, choose the best day of your flight. Make sure that there is no storm when you travel. Bring extra bucks so you will not be short. Von Voyage!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

28 male and same. Wanted to be gone, but id say jan be earliest for me. Stuff to sort before i go! Heading to perth but tempted to hit asia for a bit first, although is that bad time to be going to asia?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sonee

Im a 28yr old male,hoping to head to Australia for at least a year in Feb,heading for perth first maybe and going solo! Not really looking forward to the initial bit of finding accomodation and work but theres lots of information on the forum and net in general about where to go and stay etc so that helps a lot

Have no solid plans made yet,I always leave things till the last minute anyway :) ... but idea is to do the regional work right away and go from there.I will probably follow this thread and see if anyone is heading the same time as me but I won't know exactly when until closer to the time.

Female aged 25 , I am thinking of heading to Australia in early 2013 on a Working Holiday Visa. I am very nervous as I will be travelling alone, if there is anyone thinking of going early next year, please pm me, I want to take the chance of going to Australia before I regret it! I am looking forward to leaving Ireland as there are only painful memories here for me. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Touched down in Melbourne on the weekend and I'm travelling on my toblerone. So if anyone's is in a similar situation let me know.

Edit: I've moved up to Brisbane now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 murmurrrr

I'm 26 year old female, moving to Melbourne on my own this week and I am terrified!! I didn't think I'd be this scared. eeeeeeeeeeekkkkkk! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Is anyone looking to do regional work?

landing in perth on tuesday evening, looking for regional work to start off with. if anybody has any info

landing in perth on tuesday evening, looking for regional work to start off with. if anybody has any info

Hi Andy,

Search for Harvest Trail on Google and it should show up harvesting jobs in Australia but make sure that you check the postcodes, etc for the regional work which is on the Australian Immigration website. Hope this helps. :D

From Natalie

I'm here in Perth too and looking to get the regional work done ASAP.

I'll consider heading anywhere to get it done.

Is anyone going to the ‘Travel and Work in WA' seminars being held on Tuesday 2 and Wednesday 3 October 2012 at the Burlington Hotel in Dublin? :D

Esse85 wrote: »
    I'm here in Perth too and looking to get the regional work done ASAP.

I'll consider heading anywhere to get it done.

certainly if you hear of anything let me know and ill do the same when i get there

certainly if you hear of anything let me know and ill do the same when i get there
    Will do, are you arriving on your own?

I'm looking on gumtree most days, I have an add on there too. Might just have to pack up and arrive down at one of these places.

Esse85 wrote: »
    Will do, are you arriving on your own?

I'm looking on gumtree most days, I have an add on there too. Might just have to pack up and arrive down at one of these places.

travelling on my own, but i have somewhere to stay in morley when i land. what mobile network are you using

• Advertisement

travelling on my own, but i have somewhere to stay in morley when i land. what mobile network are you using
    This http://www.woolworthsmobile.com.au/

it's brilliant if you don't have internet as you now have 5gb to tether to your laptop, was with Vodafone when I arrived, best thing I done was change.

Advertisement