Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2013; Eat my dust Meno!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Yes you can call yourself a runner.

I was planning to do 10 miles on Sunday so what time are you planning for the lsr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

chinguetti wrote: »

I was planning to do 10 miles on Sunday so what time are you planning for the lsr?

Depending on saturday goes (drinkwise as well as running wise) I will probably be up for a run on sunday too. Might get back to the back to back long runs.

@Chingu did you get that picture of yourself off racepix? serious effort was being put in there!

Yes i saw the photo Meno. And yes its awful. That was when someone was cheering for what i thought sounded like your name hence the look of sheer effort.

I checked racepix and couldn't see myself but thankfully someone (cough cough) sent it onto me.

i promise not to grimace as much on Sunday

Yes i saw the photo Meno. And yes its awful. That was when someone was cheering for what i thought sounded like your name hence the look of sheer effort.

I checked racepix and couldn't see myself but thankfully someone (cough cough) sent it onto me.

i promise not to grimace as much on Sunday

cough cough, I wonder who that was. I may have been the person tht sent it onto them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

menoscemo wrote: »
    cough cough, I wonder who that was. I may have been the person tht sent it onto them.

Forwarded in an aptly titled message - "Sure Meno didn't stand a chance...". ;)

Woop woop :D

Well let's say that in time to get washed, fed and watered and back up the side of a mountain by 3.30, I'd need to be leaving the park by 1 having done 16 slow miles...might be too early / late for you pair but if you could fit me in at some stage / for some miles, that would be wonderful! :)

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    Well let's say that in time to get washed, fed and watered and back up the side of a mountain by 3.30, I'd need to be leaving the park by 1 having done 16 slow miles...might be too early / late for you pair but if you could fit me in at some stage / for some miles, that would be wonderful! :)

Coolio. 10am at the usual spot should do the trick. I might stretch it out for a full 16 if I'm feeling good*.

* all this is very much dependant on whether or not theres drinking done on saturday night. I'll let you know if I can't make it.

If you swing by the Papal Cross car park for 10.30, i'll do the remainder of the run with ye which should be 13 miles or so. All grimace free i hope:D

menoscemo wrote: »
    Coolio. 10am at the usual spot should do the trick. I might stretch it out for a full 16 if I'm feeling good*.

* all this is very much dependant on whether or not theres drinking done on saturday night. I'll let you know if I can't make it.
    If you swing by the Papal Cross car park for 10.30, i'll do the remainder of the run with ye which should be 13 miles or so. All grimace free i hope:D

All of the above sounds good! If the boozehound could confirm his attendance / lack thereof closer to the time, that would be wonderfully appreciated. I suppose I'll have to PM my number in the (likely?) eventuality that you will have a sore head - you lucky thing!

Also - forgot to log my run from this morning…oops. I’m losing sight of the real reason I’m here and just faffing around talking smack and getting abused instead! :rolleyes:

Tuesday 1st Feb
    - 4.49miles – Av Pace 9.08

I went out in the pitch dark dressed like a high-viz lollipop lady heading into the depths of the Arctic. However the -4 degrees of yesterday had disappeared to give us a positively balmy morning! I ran a mile and then decided to turn around and head back via the house where I lost the woolly hat, gloves and jacket. I was a little concerned that the family might get up before I got home and worry about the fact that my belongings were strewn across the driveway in a haphazard manner that might have lead them to believe that someone stole me. But the lazy beggars were still hitting snooze by the time I got home. Not a care in the world as to my well being! I think the only reason I didn’t press snooze myself was because I got a look from the mother along the lines of “How many times have we heard that…” when I said I’d be getting up at 6 to go for a run. Proved her wrong. Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

my belongings were strewn across the driveway in a haphazard manner that might have lead them to believe that someone stole me.

I'm sure they'd realise if someone took you, they wouldn't be long reversing that decision.:)

Wednesday 2nd February
    - 7.12 miles – Av Pace 9.05

Ran into work this morning. I wasn’t feeling the love for the first mile while the legs were warming up. I’ve noticed that my first mile on all my runs is always one of the slowest regardless of location, planned distance etc. It must take me a while to get in the zone! Despite the original plan to the extra mile easy at the end around town or the canal, I decided to do it earlier by taking a left up Foster’s Avenue and heading around the perimeter of UCD via Clonskeagh – a good idea yes, an fun idea no! That said I was having a good run until about 4.5/5 miles when my left shin started to hurt a little. It just continued to get worse and now I’m in quite a bit of pain. This upsets me a lot. I don’t like pain that might dictate my training – I’m in work feeling sorry for myself like a man with a sniffle!! Tear. :(

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »
    I'm sure they'd realise if someone took you, they wouldn't be long reversing that decision.:)

Inserting a smilie at the end of a mean comment does not un-mean it.

Meanie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Hope you're alright. My legs are a little bit stiff from yesterday, but no pain as such.
    It was a windy one this morning for ya, I bet! :)

(and don't mind those mean boys ;):D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Hope the shin is ok now? Nothing too serious hopefully. Good to meet you on Sunday, great to put more names to faces :) And I'm with jcsmum, don't mind the bold boys ;)

Inserting a smilie at the end of a mean comment does not un-mean it.

Meanie. :)

I just meant that they'd be overwhelmed by your sweetness.

You're a bit 'glass half empty' no?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

jcsmum wrote: »

(and don't mind those mean boys ;):D )
    racheljev wrote: »
    And I'm with jcsmum, don't mind the bold boys ;)

I hope these 'plural' references don't include me....;)

What are the odds that Claralara was out on the vino last night???

I can neither confirm nor deny the allegation made herein. I do however understand that it is contrary to the general rules of gamling to make / take bets when in the possession of insider information. That is all.

I can neither confirm nor deny the allegation made herein. I do however understand that it is contrary to the general rules of gamling to make / take bets when in the possession of insider information. That is all.

I don't know what you mean.:rolleyes:

In any event, any vino that I may or may not have consumed last night was purely for medicinal purposes. My left shin is very sore since my run on Wednesday. It’s not an achy pain – more an inflamed ouch pain. I’ve stocked up on nurofen, paracetemol, tiger balm and voltarol and I have everything crossed that another day’s rest tomorrow (which will be 3 days) will do the trick. I’ve been a very grumpy girl for the last 48 hours!

I suspect that some vino this evening may be more than necessary in my quest to return to full running health. :pac:

In any event, any vino that I may or may not have consumed last night was purely for medicinal purposes. My left shin is very sore since my run on Wednesday. It’s not an achy pain – more an inflamed ouch pain. I’ve stocked up on nurofen, paracetemol, tiger balm and voltarol and I have everything crossed that another day’s rest tomorrow (which will be 3 days) will do the trick. I’ve been a very grumpy girl for the last 48 hours!

I suspect that some vino this evening may be more than necessary in my quest to return to full running health. :pac:

You should try eye of newt and eyelash of a woman of virtue true (do you know any?):D

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »
    (do you know any?):D

Only the one wonderful being that I catch glimpses off when I pass by mirrors and windows...:cool:

Satrurday 5th Feb
    4miles - 38mins
    Hadn't planned on running today but I wanted to see how the legs would hold up after the last few days. My shins were pretty achey but not painful so that's something. I hope they hold up for 16 miles tomorrow - I'm really looking forward to it. And apart from the shins, everything else is feeling great. Fingers crossed. I'm off to pray to every God I can think of!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My shins were pretty achey but not painful so that's something. I hope they hold up for 16 miles tomorrow - I'm really looking forward to it. And apart from the shins, everything else is feeling great. Fingers crossed. I'm off to pray to every God I can think of!

You'll be fine. Chin up :)

You'll be fine. Chin up :)

Here's hoping there'll be a wonderful addition to the log by lunchtime tomorrow :)

Here's hoping there'll be a wonderful addition to the log by lunchtime tomorrow :)

You wouldn't believe just how much I wish I could say the same thing. Injury has definitely improved though, no pain from 3 hours of walking around the Dundrum centre surely has to count for something... :pac:

no pain from 3 hours of walking around the Dundrum centre surely has to count for something... :pac:

No physical pain anyway...:rolleyes:

I was there for 3 hours last saturday - 2 and a half were spent eating and drinking coffee despite my best intentions to shop and stop showing up to work dressed like a tinker :D

No physical pain anyway...:rolleyes:
    True that... though a Butler's coffee and chocolate does help to soothe some of the mental pain.

Only the one wonderful being that I catch glimpses off when I pass by mirrors and windows...:cool:

I have to respond to that by pm, now that I've stopped laughing

Sunday 6th Februaury
    - 16.4 miles – approx 2hrs35
    Left my garmin in the office this weekend so I had to rely on my coaches to go the distance for me. Cheers lads!:)

Lesson: an 8 week old baby is not conducive to marathon training. I fed her and dumped her on my mum saying that I was ‘just nipping over to the park for a run – won’t be long’... mwah ha ha!! Don’t panic people – she’s not mine, I’m a mere aunty. I just forgot when I offered to babysit last night that that would write off Sunday morning as well as Saturday night. Thank god for grannies!

Met MrSlow bright and early in perfect running conditions (:rolleyes:) that had had me struggling to keep the car on four wheels on the M50. To say I was not looking forward to getting out of the car is an understatement. It was very windy out there! Found the first 3 pretty tough but settled down after. Picked up Chinguetti and the Wexican after 6.5miles/1hour ish. The lads acted as a three-strong wind breaker for me a few times for which I was very grateful. I think we hit the S-bends into the wind at mile 13/14 which I found tough as hell! Chinguetti asked me how I was feeling at that point – there were few words that could describe it...and I don’t know him well enough to let that side of me rip to him just yet! The wind was behind us for the last mile thank god. My shins behaved (yaay) but my poor legs were all tuckered out by then – there was certainly no sprint finish in them. Took a gel at 10 miles – I didn’t feel like I needed it at the time but I’d say I would have suffered later had I not.

Longest run ever for claralara. I’m delirah to have 16 miles under my belt – I was like a giddy schoolgirl when I got home! :D It now feels like my legs have disassociated themselves from my body but hopefully they’ll be grand again after a rest tomorrow. Whether I can blame this feeling on the 16miles or the champers I’ve been drinking all evening is another question... My other brother got engaged – everyone is wondering when I’m going to do something worthwhile...if only they knew of these Connemara plans of mine!:eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I would have told Matt I was feeling 'fcuking sh1t' if he asked me how I was, I don't hold back with him. He's be disgusted if I did! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭maria74

Well done Clara! 16 miles...wow!
    Champers well deserved, enjoy it..for medicinal purposes of course!:D

Advertisement