Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

possible to legally turn carvan into a car?

• 16-07-2011 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi Guys,

Can a carvan be turned into a car legally?

Obviously puting back in seats etc is no problem but just wondering about registering it and paying VRT etc, has anyone done this?

Have a carvan that I no longer need and think turning the van into a car might be cheaper than trading it in.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Can be done but would probably cost €2,000 to do it properly, new windows needed, seats, seat belts, seat belt anchor points, pay VRT on reclassification. Unless it's worth a good €10k at the moment I wouldn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Hi captain zzz i was looking into converting a van to a camper a while back and was looking on the vrt.ie website -good info there, had a quick look and this http://www.vrt.ie/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=492&sid=89d56b55d71df3be2ea92c19ca68e9ab should be good reading for you ... if you ask a question on the site a vrt mod will reply and set you on the right road

• Registered Users Posts: 20 captainZZZ

Atlantic,

its a 08 with very low milage,full service history so i think its worth it, would be happy if could get whole thing done for 2000

Dick, thanks for the link, should be very handy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Price the Vrt, because you'll have to pay that.

Then price seats, putting in new windows and seatbelts, and work from there.

The answer to your question is yes.

Advertisement