Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Backlight issue

• 25-06-2015 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

I've a Note 10.1.

It's working perfectly, except when it goes to sleep. When I press the buttons to wake it up the tablet wakes up but the backlight doesn't come on at all. The screen is totally dark. If I run my finger over the screen in the password area I can feel the vibrations as it registers touch but I can't see a thing.

If I turn the tablet off and on again the screen lights up and looks perfect, until it goes asleep and then the problem is back.

I've wiped the device and it's still happening. Has anybody else had this issue and hopefully recommend a fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Just following up on my own thread in case anybody ever gets the same issue.

Contacted Samsung UK yesterday. No reply from them.
    Contacted some repair shops in Ireland. They replied but didn't want to touch it. That's fair enough, I'd imagine the screen on the Note is expensive as it has a built in pen digitiser.

I found this video and followed the steps shown.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZvEFqYd1Vk

Tablets working perfectly again.

Advertisement