Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Killiney Hill Sunrise

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

another one from last Sunday. I've managed to recover the shadows using the aperture 3 demo.

4457010233_bc058af27f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

swingking wrote: »
    another one from last Sunday. I've managed to recover the shadows using the aperture 3 demo.
    Where are Dan's photos. Is he OK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Sorry everyone. I've had so much on I haven't even had a chance to look at the pics yet. Will try and get them done by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

DK32 wrote: »
    Sorry everyone. I've had so much on I haven't even had a chance to look at the pics yet. Will try and get them done by the end of the week.

well at least you haven't died :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭sikahunter

so is there going to be a sunset one coming up

• Advertisement

sikahunter wrote: »
    so is there going to be a sunset one coming up
    I am sure there will be soon, hope this rain stops :) Killiney Hill should be a good spot for sunset

Well, after a much hectic week I have finally got a chance to process all my HDR images.

Anyway, hope it was worth the wait :D

4465476772_1a265781d3_b.jpg

4465467316_93b10108ae_b.jpg

4464670611_9864c26a8c_b.jpg

4465445826_c97f41bd57_b.jpg

4465415066_5a18b52cc6_b.jpg

The full set are up on Flickr if you want to see them.
    I was going to do a time lapse with them but I can't find a way to slow down the transition between images. If I could make it slower it would be pretty nice.

look good dan, especially seeing them all twice :p Quicktime pro lets you choose frames per second or seconds per frame, dunno if you've tried it?

lol deleted double post :)

had to be the one i thanked didn't it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Well, after a much hectic week I have finally got a chance to process all my HDR images.

They are HDR??? In this case I like it!:)

Thanks for finally sharing;)

• Advertisement

Thanks Xia. Yes 39 HDR images in total for the sunrise sequence. That's 117 x 30mb files, all converted to .tiff and then tone mapped in Photomatix. Then I ran them through CS4 to adjust brightness & contrast.

I'm happy with them. Even though they are HDR they are very close to how they came out of the camera, the main difference being that you get the full range here of available light across the whole frame.

Do you want a loan of a computer to process those photos faster :D:D:eek:

Nice set, well done to you Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mudbingo

alexlyons wrote: »
    count me in, any time.

edit: suggest meeting in the car park or outside it if it's not open, easiest walk for all you people who couldn't hack the last one :p

Is it true that DLR Co Co are going to put parking meters in the carpark on Killiney hill and charge a parking fee ???
    Is it true that DLR Co Co are going to take away the coffeeshop from the man who has made a go of it --and DLR Co Co are going to run it themselves??
    How money grabbing is this -if true.
    A charge on parking in a public park??!!

No idea, but this thread is not far off a year old! maybe try start a new one in a more relevant forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 EmilyCoco

Hi,

I would like to join your sunrise photo shoot, if I may?

Thanks.

Advertisement