Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Budget 2004

Options
  • 03-12-2003 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

Recieved this email today.
    Hi,

Fantastic news, Section 481 Tax Incentive for the Film Industry WILL remain in place until 2008! Minister McCreevey, made the announcement this afternoon as part of his Budget speech, to cheers and applause in the Dail.

Many thanks to you for signing the petition on our website. Your support for the petition contributed to the success of the overall campaign. Close to 8,000 emails and letters have been sent from our website to TD's asking them to lobby the Minister for the retention of the Incentive. Over 2,000 people signed the petition. Our petition signatures were combined with those collected by Actors Equity and Screen Producers Ireland, and presented to the Minister last Friday.

We received overwhelming support from the TD's across all the parties. We would like to thank the TD's and Minister McCreevey for continuing their support of our industry.

Overall the campaign was extremely successful and has ensured Ireland's place as a film location of global standing.

Many many thanks from all at MovieExtras.ie

Kevin, Derek, Mairead, Colin, Andy, John and Emir

cant remember who originally brought this to my attention [and im far to lazy to look up the thread] but thanks all the same.

jim :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

It woulda been rude not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

All the TDs that it got sent to from me replied except Seamus Brennan.
    They all seemed to be with us and that they actually cared which is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yup. Heard this on the bus to the airport on Wednesday.

I may just be able to get a job when I graduate next year after all.

Advertisement