Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

For fans of Takeshi Kitano / 'Beat' Takeshi.

• 03-11-2003 5:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

www.play.com have some pretty damn good deals concerning his films.

I just found This
    The 'Beat' Takeshi Trilogy, featuring Voilent Cop, Boiling Point, and Sonatine
    Should be added to my shopping basket quite sharpish!
    Very good value altogether, especially considering that Sonatine on its own is the same price. :rolleyes:

And I've also got Brother and Hana-Bi from play.com already. Both at £5.99.

Very cool indeed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Excellent!!

Just bought all 5 for £27.
    What a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

Tks, just bought the box set. What an offer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

nice one angel whore. .
    missed these the last time i went through..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Already have Boiling Point and Sonatine. That always happens to me with these boxsets. Always end up having one or two of them already.
    Of those 5, the only one I don't have is Violent Cop and at £14.99 I think I'll pass.

Is there anyone else who purchased this 3-film boxset? Ordered it weeks ago but still havent recieved anything! Anyone with same problem or did you recieve it fine/

Ob

• Advertisement

When does it say it was despatched?

03/11/2003 The 'Beat' Takeshi Trilogy - Violent Cop / Boiling Point / Sonatine (R2) £14.99 Posted on 06/11/2003

18 days ago! The website says to wait 14 days, so i was holding out a bit.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Play can be extremely slow delivering.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i got brother, preowned on dvd for 4 euro :D

Send them an e-mail. Sounds like it's lost.
    They'll send you out a replacement.

• Advertisement

Sent an email there and they got back 2/3 hours later saying that a replacement is on the way. No hassles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Another one for fans of Takeshi Kitano...

The Town Hall Theater here in Galway are running a season of Japanese films, and this friday, the last film of the season is "Dolls", another Kitano film. I'll definetly head along myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

AngelWhore, you are the man. You are the don, the dude, the shizzle. Thank you!
    Now the only problem is going to be feeding myself after all my cash goes on those DVDs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Saw DOLLS in Cork earlier this year. It's an amzing film. Might head along to Play and pick up some more of his stuff. Avoid TAKESHI'S CASTLE on Challenge! and toruble though...

Why?
    I really like it, some of the stuff is hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by Amnesiac_ie
    Saw DOLLS in Cork earlier this year. It's an amzing film. Might head along to Play and pick up some more of his stuff. Avoid TAKESHI'S CASTLE on Challenge! and toruble though...

Amnesiac, I can lend you the 3 disc set.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

I just can't get into the fun and frolics of TAKESHI'S CASTLE unless I'm drunk. Then I laugh myself silly and my Japanese housemate starts ranting about stereotypical images of Japanese culture.

Cheers for the offer Yellum.

Advertisement