Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU "closed hospitality centers" AKA "FEMA" Camps To sprout up on Greek soil

• 13-04-2012 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

EU "closed hospitality centers" AKA Concentration camps to sprout up on Greek soil. I doubt that these are just for illegal immigrants, prisons are bursting at the seams in Greece and worse has to come.

Where is the cash coming in for the construction of these "closed hospitality centers" I doubt very much if it is coming from the Greek Government.

As if the current circumstances of austerity-riven Greece were not bad enough already, it seems that the country is set to have a dozen or so concentration camps dotted around the country.

6plp3s.jpg

In language that might have been lifted straight from the Nazi lexicon, these establishments will be known as ‘closed-hospitality’ centers.

The incarcerates will be undocumented – meaning unwanted – refugees flooding in from North Africa, particularly the once prosperous and richest country in the Maghreb belt, namely Libya.

http://theintelhub.com/2012/04/12/first-new-concentration-camps-in-europe-set-to-sprout-on-greek-soil/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

EU "closed hospitality centers" AKA Concentration camps to sprout up on Greek soil.[/url]

No they aren't concentration camps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Jonny7 wrote: »
    No they aren't concentration camps.
    Theme parks I guess. :p

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

The incarcerates will be undocumented – meaning unwanted – refugees flooding in from North Africa, particularly the once prosperous and richest country in the Maghreb belt, namely Libya.
    We've already had a military coup in Mali thanks to NATO misadventures in Libya If there was any justice in the world these Libyan refugees, some of whom would be Libyan blacks ethnically cleansed by NATO's Al Qaeda henchmen would be given transport to and residency in the states of Obama-Sarkozy-Cameron. Instead they'll be imprisoned without committing a crime. It infuriates me. "Freedom" really does come with a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

I don't see what the problem is, Europe borders are being breached by criminals intent on dumping thousands of economic migrants onto our streets into a black economy
    This has to stop. There is a fairly straightforward entrance application for entry into the EU, if you have something to contribute to our society then you are welcome, these people chose to ignore our rules, they should face the consequences.

Why don't we have a few of those closed hospitality centers here in Ireland, plenty of barren islands we could shove them out on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is, Europe borders are being breached by criminals intent on dumping thousands of economic migrants onto our streets into a black economy
    This has to stop. There is a fairly straightforward entrance application for entry into the EU, if you have something to contribute to our society then you are welcome, these people chose to ignore our rules, they should face the consequences.

Why don't we have a few of those closed hospitality centers here in Ireland, plenty of barren islands we could shove them out on.
    Would they not be better off to boot them out of the country on the first returning boat if they do not have their paperwork in order rather than wasting taxpayers money on indefinite holding cells in concentration camps.

If you enter the US illegally you are frogmarched by the feds on to the first returning flight, likewise the same should happen here. There is definitally another agenda behind these camps and no doubt they will sprout up left right and center across Europe just like the good old USA. :)

• Advertisement

Well that system seems to be inefective as an actual deterrant, so maybe its time to examine some alternaties.

maybe some form of brief but 'memorable' detention before their repatriation might change their minds about sneaking into Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Hmm i guess that relies on them wanting a deterrent.Maybe they dont.
    By they i mean the yanks.
    They caused the making of the first camps way back in 1940's (imo) and it smells of them again tbh.

Whatevers happening and the result that follows you can be sure it was very well planned.So if it goes pear shaped and somehow oops the sh1t hits the fan in some way.i will be pretty sure it is an expected result.
    The fact there is need for a prison camp is the fan being hit anyway i think.
    Just might get worse again.

Torakx wrote: »
    By they i mean the yanks.
    They caused the making of the first camps way back in 1940's (imo) and it smells of them again tbh.

Which camps are you referring to?

I think he's referring to the japanese internment camps in the USA during WW2

The poster seems unaware of the other nations which made use of such detention camps during the 30's or the origin of the concept during the boer war

Again I ask the posters decrying these camps what do they suggest we do with the illegals?

Actually i ment the ones used by the nazis.
    As it wasnt the americans directly involved.
    Im presuming these camps in greece were done in more or less the same manor, via US influences in europe.
    Remember all these wars make big bussiness and alot of the big influencial countries are run by big bussiness.

Im kind of only half serious about these comments i make too,because i only just read this thread and havent studied the exact details of these greek camps.

I suspect myself the greek banking crisis was due to US and/or British influence through that Bilderberg meeting in 2002 in Spain or maybe Portugal at the time.The greek economy was one of the focus points there iirc.
    Also the bank of Greece hosted one of the Bilderberg meetings ...LOL

Seems to me making camps to control that area is a logical choice.
    Maybe as a way to further disrupt the european economy or else just happens to be a nice spot they have secured while they do in africa what they have done i many other places.

All that might seem far fecthed but it makes more sense than alot of the rubbish people experience on their Tell A Vision.

I wonder if Greece werent under the foot of debtors would they still of had a need to take these measures.
    And who is funding these camps really?
    Maybe we will never find out..for at least 50 years lol.

Ps. this is what i ment when i wrote about the yanks and nazis doing bussiness
    ADOLF HITLER
    Chancellor of Germany
    As German bombs fell on London and Nazi tanks rolled over US troops, Sosthenes Behn president and founder of the US based ITT corporation, met with his German representative to discuss improving German communication systems. ITT was designing and building Nazi phone and radio systems as well as supplying crucial parts for German bombs. Our government knew all about this, for under a presidential order, US companies were licensed to trade with the Nazis. The choice of who would be licensed was odd, though. While the Secretary of State gave the Ford Motor Company permission to make Nazi tanks, he simultaneously blocked aid to German-Jewish refugees because the US wasn't supposed to be trading with the enemy. Other US companies trading with the Third Reich were General Motors, DuPont, Standard Oil of New Jersey, Davis Oil Co., and the Chase National Bank. President Roosevelt did not stop them, fearing a scandal might lead to another stock market crash or lower US moral. Besides, the same companies that traded with Hitler were supplying the US with its armaments, and some corporate leaders threatened to withdraw their support if Roosevelt exposed them. Henry Ford was a good friend of Hitler's. His book -- The International Jew -- had Inspired Hltler's Mein Kampf. The Fuhrer kept Ford's picture in his office, and Ford was one of only four foreigners to receive Germany's highest civilian award. As for Sosthenes Behn, at the end of the war, he received the highest civilian award for service to his country -- the United States of America.
    http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/US_ThirdWorld/dictators.html
    Its not evidence,if you want that you will have to spend many hours researching yourself to find all the resources.

As for what they can do about these illegals..its too late for that now.Greece was lost after Bilderberg set its eyes on it back in 2002.
    Much like Ireland getting conned with a second lisbon treaty vote.

ok last edit! i swear.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704866204575224421086866944.html
    Some interesting info on the IMF and loans regarding the european banking crisis.
    Notice the paragraphs near the bottom.
    To make its loan, the IMF will borrow from the U.S. Federal Reserve and the other central banks it taps and pay them interest of about 0.25% on the money; the IMF will then charge Greece about 3% on the loan.
    Talk about hiking up inflation.oh well who could have seen this coming ...ahem especially in 2002..

Who's ass will greece have to pull out an extra 3% on top of the loan when it is none existant on this planet as the loan takes place.
    Money grows as trees i guess :)

• Advertisement

Actually i ment the ones used by the nazis.
    As it wasnt the americans directly involved.
    Im presuming these camps in greece were done in more or less the same manor, via US influences in europe.

The Germans setup the extermination camps to kill vast numbers of Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, etc.

Nothing like this is being setup in Greece and it has little or nothing to do with the Yanks or anyone else for that matter. It's an alarmist story with little truth and a picture of Birkenau.

The Greek financial crisis is the result of domestic over-spending, easy lending, corruption and lack of reform.

The Greek financial crisis is the result of domestic over-spending, easy lending, corruption and lack of reform.

I certainly agree with this.

I dont presume to think that this is another nazi movement..that would be a stupid move to be so obvious anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

The Greeks, like us (only more so) shot themselves in both feet by voting in corrupt morons for years who borrowed money to allow them to retire earlier than anyone else and pay only as much tax as they felt like. They wrecked their own country, and the usual suspects are lining up to point the finger at the international community, the 'globalists', the financiers - everyone except the Greeks themselves who caused the problems. And they had a 100 billion euros of their debt written off to allow them avoid a chaotic default - if they think things are bad now, they should get a taste of that. They'll soon be crawling back.

Here's an interesting article from a couple of years back when their self-inflicted problems were already very clear:
    As Wall Street hangs on the question “Will Greece default?,” the author heads for riot-stricken Athens, and for the mysterious Vatopaidi monastery, which brought down the last government, laying bare the country’s economic insanity. But beyond a $1.2 trillion debt (roughly a quarter-million dollars for each working adult), there is a more frightening deficit. After systematically looting their own treasury, in a breathtaking binge of tax evasion, bribery, and creative accounting spurred on by Goldman Sachs, Greeks are sure of one thing: they can’t trust their fellow Greeks.
    As it turned out, what the Greeks wanted to do, once the lights went out and they were alone in the dark with a pile of borrowed money, was turn their government into a piñata stuffed with fantastic sums and give as many citizens as possible a whack at it. In just the past decade the wage bill of the Greek public sector has doubled, in real terms—and that number doesn’t take into account the bribes collected by public officials. The average government job pays almost three times the average private-sector job. The national railroad has annual revenues of 100 million euros against an annual wage bill of 400 million, plus 300 million euros in other expenses. The average state railroad employee earns 65,000 euros a year. Twenty years ago a successful businessman turned minister of finance named Stefanos Manos pointed out that it would be cheaper to put all Greece’s rail passengers into taxicabs: it’s still true. “We have a railroad company which is bankrupt beyond comprehension,” Manos put it to me. “And yet there isn’t a single private company in Greece with that kind of average pay.”
    Where waste ends and theft begins almost doesn’t matter; the one masks and thus enables the other. It’s simply assumed, for instance, that anyone who is working for the government is meant to be bribed. People who go to public health clinics assume they will need to bribe doctors to actually take care of them. Government ministers who have spent their lives in public service emerge from office able to afford multi-million-dollar mansions and two or three country homes.

Oddly enough, the financiers in Greece remain more or less beyond reproach. They never ceased to be anything but sleepy old commercial bankers. Virtually alone among Europe’s bankers, they did not buy U.S. subprime-backed bonds, or leverage themselves to the hilt, or pay themselves huge sums of money. The biggest problem the banks had was that they had lent roughly 30 billion euros to the Greek government—where it was stolen or squandered. In Greece the banks didn’t sink the country. The country sank the banks.
    When Papaconstantinou arrived here, last October, the Greek government had estimated its 2009 budget deficit at 3.7 percent. Two weeks later that number was revised upward to 12.5 percent and actually turned out to be nearly 14 percent. He was the man whose job it had been to figure out and explain to the world why. “The second day on the job I had to call a meeting to look at the budget,” he says. “I gathered everyone from the general accounting office, and we started this, like, discovery process.” Each day they discovered some incredible omission. A pension debt of a billion dollars every year somehow remained off the government’s books, where everyone pretended it did not exist, even though the government paid it; the hole in the pension plan for the self-employed was not the 300 million they had assumed but 1.1 billion euros; and so on. “At the end of each day I would say, ‘O.K., guys, is this all?’ And they would say ‘Yeah.’ The next morning there would be this little hand rising in the back of the room: ‘Actually, Minister, there’s this other 100-to-200-million-euro gap.’ ”

This went on for a week. Among other things turned up were a great number of off-the-books phony job-creation programs. “The Ministry of Agriculture had created an off-the-books unit employing 270 people to digitize the photographs of Greek public lands,” the finance minister tells me. “The trouble was that none of the 270 people had any experience with digital photography. The actual professions of these people were, like, hairdressers.”
    The scale of Greek tax cheating was at least as incredible as its scope: an estimated two-thirds of Greek doctors reported incomes under 12,000 euros a year—which meant, because incomes below that amount weren’t taxable, that even plastic surgeons making millions a year paid no tax at all. The problem wasn’t the law—there was a law on the books that made it a jailable offense to cheat the government out of more than 150,000 euros—but its enforcement. “If the law was enforced,” the tax collector said, “every doctor in Greece would be in jail.” I laughed, and he gave me a stare. “I am completely serious.” One reason no one is ever prosecuted—apart from the fact that prosecution would seem arbitrary, as everyone is doing it—is that the Greek courts take up to 15 years to resolve tax cases. “The one who does not want to pay, and who gets caught, just goes to court,” he says. Somewhere between 30 and 40 percent of the activity in the Greek economy that might be subject to the income tax goes officially unrecorded, he says, compared with an average of about 18 percent in the rest of Europe.

And it goes on and on. Great article. Read it if you have time, it will give you a very different view on events there. They did it to themselves. If you believe in democracy, you have to accept that people have the right to ruin their own country.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

They did it to themselves..
    Not strictly true, to be fair. Their "advisors" Goldman Sachs had the Greeks hide the true scale of Greece's economic problems with instruments designed to buy time but ultimately implode the Greek economy. All the while as Goldman Sachs were guaranteeing the implosion of the Greek economy they were betting against the Greek economy profitting massivley from it's ultimate failure.

This short film is very imformative should anyone be interested.

but the point is that Goldman Sachs didnt sink Greece, the Greeks had done that all by themselves, Goldman Sachs were however instrumental in the sinking of the EU by aiding the Greeks in fiddling the books for accession to the Eurozone

Same as here We the people ran up batsnit debts based on some utterly insane notion that our bubble was different, We created the situation that led to some truly bizarre decisions by our Finance minister, its those decisions that Goldman Sachs may have been instrumental in directing, the lies to lenihan on the night of the bailout came from a few people with links to that organisation. however we did all teh groundwork leading up to it ourselves, they just swept in and mopped up.

Now back to these camps, Why does it have to be a US led project, surely history has shown that We Europeans are more than capable of this sort of thing all by ourselves.

Not strictly true, to be fair. Their "advisors" Goldman Sachs had the Greeks hide the true scale of Greece's economic problems with instruments designed to buy time but ultimately implode the Greek economy.
    Or rather the Greek government asked Goldman Sachs for ways around their budget limits and like the compliant/amoral business people they are, they provided them with it. It was always likely to blow up in their faces, but I guess they were counting on it being someone else's problem when it did.

Not strictly true, to be fair. Their "advisors" Goldman Sachs had the Greeks hide the true scale of Greece's economic problems with instruments designed to buy time but ultimately implode the Greek economy. All the while as Goldman Sachs were guaranteeing the implosion of the Greek economy they were betting against the Greek economy profitting massivley from it's ultimate failure.

This short film is very imformative should anyone be interested.
    I watched the first one, BB, but as usual with Max Keiser there is more heat than light cast on the subject. Loads of deliberate misrepresentations etc. - for example he talks about the IMF 'stealing' all of Greece's assests. This is pure fiction - in the film, even he goes on to talk about the assets being used as collateral. They are being lent billions - the lenders want some sort of protection in case the Greeks decide (again) not to bother paying them back. Would you lend your money to Greece right now with no guarantee that they would repay you? I certainly wouldn't, having seen how corrupt the country is.

They talk about the 'enormous fraud' perpetrated by Goldman Sachs in getting Greece into the Euro. This was actually an enormous fraud on the Eurozone countries perpetrated by Greece, through their democratically elected government - who used advice from GS to fake their statistics. The EU was the victim of this fraud, and the Greeks the beneficiaries. Loads of misrepresentations like this in the film.

And I was amused by the doctor (I think he was described as an 'oncologist'), the old bald guy, banging on about killing the traitors and the invaders of the IMF. It reminded me of this piece of the Vanity Fair article:
    The scale of Greek tax cheating was at least as incredible as its scope: an estimated two-thirds of Greek doctors reported incomes under 12,000 euros a year—which meant, because incomes below that amount weren’t taxable, that even plastic surgeons making millions a year paid no tax at all. The problem wasn’t the law—there was a law on the books that made it a jailable offense to cheat the government out of more than 150,000 euros—but its enforcement. “If the law was enforced,” the tax collector said, “every doctor in Greece would be in jail.” I laughed, and he gave me a stare.

If that guy is looking for traitors, there's a 66% chance he sees one every day while he's shaving.

I would imagine half of those billions wont get to the people who actually need it.
    And to blame a countries infrastructure alone is imo short sited.
    There are many things in place to control the populace and their decision making, if they get any at all.
    I would go so far as to say in the end a massive portion of that money will circle around through a few backdoors and end up back in the lenders pocket while the real people of the country pay back the debt plus 3%.

Would be a clever money making scam, if someone were to just see how easy it can be done with the right resources.

As i explained may have been possible, in my other post on the first thread.
    Its certainly not black and white.

There is a certain degree of blame to the borrowers who have no clue about inflation and banking scams like...damn it lol cant remember the main banking scam name.
    Im sure most of you know about the % lending jig they pull so they can lend 90% more than they actually have in existence.
    And Goldman Sach im sure are pro's at utilizing this now.

And yes ive heard all the excuses,you still do not need that kind of mechanic at those % rates for a cushion.

In general i think the more sh1t that bankers can cause to go wrong all around the world, the more money they will be lending for "fixing" these issues and the more debt they can collect via interest on loans and also the ability to effect inflation through lending mechanics.
    Right now that detention camp or hospitality camp, whatever, is probably an expsense that will yield profits or is a lashback from current works in other places.
    No point trying to focus too much on symptoms when its the root cause we should be watching.
    I get enough oof that from bleedin doctors ;/

First we gave them control of our gold,then we gave them our gold.
    Now we are fighting wars for digital and paper promisaries!
    Talk about lemmings getting ownt left right and center.
    Wake up folks.

Im sure most of you know about the % lending jig they pull so they can lend 90% more than they actually have in existence.

It's not a jig, its just how banking works across the world.

If you are curious watch the 'ascent of money' on youtube or pick up a book in the local bookstore, it's interesting stuff.

Ive already researched that through the imf website and other resources.
    But it was over a year or 2 ago so i just forget the name of the mechanic.
    I spent a few weeks to a month reading all i could find about that, so im pretty sure my stance wont change.
    If there has been any changes in the last year on that aspect of banking, i would be interested to see then i suppose.

In a way your right, it shouldnt be called a jig.It should be called fraud since they are lending with nothing of value put up on their end,in many cases.

• Advertisement

Fractional reserve lending is the term you're looking for

Jonny7 wrote: »
    It's not a jig, its just how banking works across the world.

If you are curious watch the 'ascent of money' on youtube or pick up a book in the local bookstore, it's interesting stuff.

Indeed - the invention of fractional reserve banking is probably one of the main reasons why Europe and then the US became the most powerful regions on the planet over the last 1000 years. It enables much faster economic growth.

Advertisement