Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

whats the worst film youve ever seen?

Options
  • 21-11-2002 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

mine would have to be either

DUNE
    i know it has a big following but this movie tried too hard to be a deep thought provoking film and it failed miserably

or

Conan the Barbarian

arnies first movie. nuff said:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Man Bites Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Halloween H20 or As Good As It Gets

Prolly the latter, because I actually paid to see that :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

sleepless in seattle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

It's a tie between xXx and Jack Frost II: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman.
    I've already gone to great lengths to describe why I hated xXx, so I won't do it again.
    As for Jack Frost II - I know it was supposed to be bad, but.. jesus. It looks like it was shot with a camcorder, five minutes ago. Still, the guy who wrote it is also writing the new John Cusack/Ray Liotta movie, so it sure didn't harm his career, amazingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Moulin Rouge

or

Leprechaun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I still can't get the horrible memory of Super Troopers out of my head....... *shudder*

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

American Beauty.
    Weirdest film I ever saw was Eye of the Beholder .
    Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

I still know what you did last summer or hollow man, the only movie I've ever walked out on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

The only two films that i felt were so bad that i almost walked out on where...

Alien Resurrection
    and
    The Exterminator (A Lower than low Irish made film, anyone remember it?)

Also, i know a lot of people seem to love this film here..... but i thought Event Horizon was really, really awful. Not the worst film i saw, but dreadful none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

I've already gone to great lengths to describe why I hated xXx, so I won't do it again

as we well know obeygiant hehe ;)

i was thinking of some more there aswell and one that the girlfriend wanted to see and i was dragged into that si really really bad - the guru oh my god how bad this film was!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Well most recently it's Orange County (Except the 15mins that Jack Black has in it)
    But I really though Jeepers Creepers was highly over rated and what sort of ending was that???:rolleyes: and therefore the worst...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Oh and Carbine DUNE was a good film! It left out a lot of details from the book. I suggest you read it then watch the film to fill in the gaps...that or watch the excellent Sci-Fi channel Dune trilogy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Flintstones - dear god no! just wrong on oh so many levels

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, yeah Flintstones. Sister Act and Eraserhead rank way up there, I suppose the Avengers does too as I slept through it in the cinema. Now that's one thing I hate more than paying to go to the toilet - paying to go to sleep. Being paid to go to sleep is much better imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

i dont agree with american beauty, hollow man or alien resurection being bad unless i have a brutal taste in films , but mine would have to be "dead in the water" , if anyone else has seen this , i feel ur pain , my sister rented it on dvd one night and i wouldnt mind but the worst thing bout any bad film is u somehow watch it all ,although u knew it was bad from the first ten mins....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Hmm bit of Deja vu here

Dungeons and Dragons

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah that reminds me of the Mothman prophecies or whatever its called. We were there watching thinking - "Ok it's going to get interesting soon" for aaaaaaaaages. And it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

rain of fire. more like rain of SHti and also cats and dogs (I WAS FORCED TO WATCH IT)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

"What's The Worst that Could Happen?"

- The worst that could happen, in this instance, being me renting this dog's egg of a film.

OR

"One Tough B*stard"

- The film was 'one lame b*stard'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Dune is one of my favourites ! how dare anyone dis it!

Anyway my candidates for worst ever are:

Grosse Point Blank
    Skulls
    City of Angels (Nic Cage was in it)
    Speed 2
    X files movie

davej

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the others was pretty boring, but i do have the attention span of a gnat.

any of the pokemon movies (can't believe that i've actually watched 2 of them!!?!?)

i disagree with quite a few of the above posts, different strokes for different folks i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Ghosts of Mars.
    Natasha Henstrige should only ever be seen and not heard! or try to act!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Clinical Waste
    Leprechaun

take that back now! its a classic of 80's low budget horror.

"Im 600 yeeeeeeears of aaaaaage"

Blair Witch 2......................................
    aghhh flashbacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

freddie gets fingered is the worst film i've ever seen. It's also the sickest. tom Green give a horse a bj in it, enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Oh and Carbine DUNE was a good film! It left out a lot of details from the book. I suggest you read it then watch the film to fill in the gaps...that or watch the excellent Sci-Fi channel Dune trilogy;)

you'll probably piss yourself laughing at this logie, but i never knew there was a book!!!:p :rolleyes:

but tanks ill try and find it coz they were going somewhere with the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Goldmember terrible cameo ridden crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Windtalkers was the worst ive seen in a fair while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Grosse Point Blank

Shirley some mistake!

Tarzan, the Ape Man with Miles O'Keefe, Bo Derek and Richard Harris 1981 would get my vote at the moment. Harris made alot of **** it must be said.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Carbine

Conan the Barbarian

arnies first movie. nuff said:p

1. That has to be one of the best movies ever made.
    2. It was not arnies first movie, Herculese in New York was.
    3. Your father smells of elderberries.

Honestly though, with some of the replies on this thread, you just really have to ask whether or not you guys even watch movies!? Not to mention actually BAD ones. Frankly, if you seen some of the stinkers I've seen in my time, you'd run home to your mommies.

Anyway, there's no way in hell I'm going to name all the seriously **** movies I've seen. It could possibly take days. So here's a kinda best of the worst:

Dagon - Dreadfull H.P. Lovecraft adaption, with a lead actor that was desperately trying to be Jeffrey Combs.
    Ghosts Of Mars - Carpenter directed this one by drawing stick men, and pasing the pictures to the actors. All while being on extra strong horse sedatives.
    Queen Of The Damned - Everyone involved in this abhoration should be rounded up and put into a lebanese death camp.
    City Of The Living Dead - I like Italian horror movies, I really do... But this is just bad on another plane of existance. Lucio Fulci should hang his head in shame.
    The Punisher - Got this on video as a birthday present because I liked the comic books. I'm not even gonna get into it it's so immensely bad.
    Apex - Futuristic garbled crap with robots that were borrowed from the power rangers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Syd_Vicious

This is Syd_Vicious speaking...

The worst film I have ever seen is The Nostril Picker (they even made a sequel)

Scarier than Anne Robinson naked

This has been Syd_Vicious speaking...

Advertisement