Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mod Organizer

• 11-08-2015 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use this and if so can they help me? :P

I'm used to using NMM but turned over to this for the different profiles feature.

Tried setting up Realvisions ENB with all the recommended mods and in the order given on the nexus page but it doesn't appear to be working (at least to my trained Skyrim eye). I've had it working no problem with NMM.

My question is, if i create a new profile from scratch, will in install mods in a specific order for each, overwriting as i go or are they installed the same across all profiles?

Half tempted to start from scratch....again! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i couldnt get used to nmm running a few different mods for skyrim, ended up just loading them up individually through the game itself - it's a pain the face when one of them is breaking all of them though - sifting through each one or clusters of them to find the broken or incompatible mod :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

i couldnt get used to nmm running a few different mods for skyrim, ended up just loading them up individually through the game itself - it's a pain the face when one of them is breaking all of them though - sifting through each one or clusters of them to find the broken or incompatible mod :/
    I never had a problem with nmm.

Using Realvisions guide always worked out for me. Just not working out well with MO. Think i have to clean install again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's not actually that big either - well, it's not 50gig anyway, maybe a 5th of that which is odd for a game of it's size

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

Are you sorting your load order with LOOT? If not, that will affect things.

Also, check YouTube for Gopher's Mod Organizer videos. He's great. I bit long-winded, but great.

The difference between using nothing, using NMM, and using MO:
      Nothing - mod files goes into your Skyrim folder; not a good thing when you want to remove them again. If you want to start over, you have to delete all things Skyrim and start over.
      NMM - Takes care of where to place files, and what to edit; uninstall can still be a problem, sometimes it does not remove all files and doesn't undo edits properly
      MO - Installs all mods and edits to a dummy folder,
    not directly into any Skyrim folder. A copy of files are created from the game for any necessary edits, such as ini files. You can at any stage run Skyrim without any mods, and it will work perfectly like vanilla Skyrim.

In MO, a folder with the mod order is created for every profile that you create. But you still need to sort the load order with LOOT. This part is very important. You run LOOT every time you've installed a mod. To set LOOT up with MO, refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28__bjAKo4M&index=8&list=PLE7DlYarj-DcLS9LyjEqOJwFUQIIQewcK
    You'll notice this is part of a play-list; it is totally worth it to follow all the steps.

The learning curve for MO is a bit steeper, compared to NMM, but it's definitely worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Cheers.

Found out what i did wrong.

With NMM, you have to do a lot of overwriting when installing.

With MO, you just have to place them in the correct order and rename any similar mods if they have to come in a specific order.

Here is the proof: :P

A4MP41el.png

03EREdol.png

NAs1mCFl.png

4stl3Mhl.png

• Advertisement
Advertisement