Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hotfile Premium Speeds

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

is anyone else still having these problems on upc?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mine were bad for a week or two after this thread resurfaced but they've been perfect since, 2 GB/s in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

still getting intermittent speeds, sometimes slow, sometimes normal. Still getting 2MB+ speeds from RS - pity there is less and less content there!
    Thinking about changing to another host after this month is up. Any suggestions? Filesonic\Fileserve\Uploaded etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 morow

its not worth to change the host, I have HF, FSonic, FServe, Mupload, its all same, getting low speeds. Only RS is going full speed, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

as a free user, I've been getting great speeds with MU up on 4MB/s :eek: filesonic and fileserve has been consisent with speeds (300-400KB/s) and all three have plenty of links. don't touch hotfile anymore as it's just not fast enough compared to the others and not being able to resume downloads is a pain

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

FileServe is the most consistent after Rapidshare, and has decent pricing too.

Hotfile is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

Fileserve is doing the business for me. But ive noticed more filesonic links appearing.

You would want to buy some general account that covers all file hosting sites(if such a service exists), it seems they change very often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

jeffk wrote: »
    Fileserve is doing the business for me. But ive noticed more filesonic links appearing.

You would want to buy some general account that covers all file hosting sites(if such a service exists), it seems they change very often.
    there does exist some.
    myDownloader - doesn't have Fileserve though. 250mb trial
    leechpack - don't know what it's like, no trial period to test it.

whiteman19 wrote: »
    there does exist some.
    myDownloader - doesn't have Fileserve though. 250mb trial
    leechpack - don't know what it's like, no trial period to test it.

Now that you mention it I do remember one, but it was an ad on a site, so I thought that might be dodgy.

Looking @ the pricing, your limited to 1TB of bandwidth for a year and thats around the same price for unlimited on most file hosting sites.

Good idea all the same!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

This must a ISP issue, I have both Hotfile and Rapidshare and am currently on a months sub to Filesonic. I find none of them gives me any speed issues on Eircom with Flashget, they all max out what I get from my ISP.

I have also used Deposit Files, Fileserve and another host called Oron in the past and really only ever found Fileserve as a troublesome one in that I could ever get it to work with flashget, they all gave pretty decent speeds except Deposit files and the only reason I tried any of them was I couldn't find the stuff I wanted on the other hosts.

Fileserve and Flashget hate each other and I had to do everything through the web interface until I actually got to the load link and then downloaded it via firefox.

Hotfile is still the best and Rapidshare would be miles ahead if they hadn't started messing around with limits and changing account types in 2010, which drove those in the scene mental and alot of people then stopped uploading to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭brk3

morow wrote: »
    its not worth to change the host, I have HF, FSonic, FServe, Mupload, its all same, getting low speeds. Only RS is going full speed, unfortunately.

This generally matches my experience also.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭jakedixon2004

I have premium accounts on Megaupload, Rapidshare and Hotfile and the only one I have a problem with is hotfile. I'm on UPC's 30MB connection and I get 2.5-2.7mb/ps with MU and RS but a max of 600kb/ps with HF no matter what setting I mess with or change in any downloader software. This is really fustrating as not alot of people are using MU or RS these days and all of them are using HF. I feel like I am on a 5 mb connection when I am download stuff from HF and nothing is being done about this. Is there any update on the situation or is it just something we will have to live with?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

this has being happening to me the last 3 weeks its realy pissing me off.only getin 1 to 1,5 mb on single downloads and iam on a 8mb line

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Anyone had a problem with fileserve links begining downloads and then completing at 0kb or showing up as completed after only half the file has downloaded?

stephen_n wrote: »
    Anyone had a problem with fileserve links begining downloads and then completing at 0kb or showing up as completed after only half the file has downloaded?

I was downloading two files in Jdownloader the other night and both came up as fully downloaded just after starting, but continued to download and finished ok.

How are you downloading the links?

Advertisement