Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

My three emails all arrived within 2 minutes of eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I ordered Thursday morning, shown on my account as been paid the next day. Emailed them anyway.

I didn't set up an account just signed in as guest..

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Half Life 2 (preferably Orange Box or higher) at the moment. I've seen a load of deals before but only just got a laptop with a HD4000 and want a classic to play at a good framerate. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Half Life 2 (preferably Orange Box or higher) at the moment. I've seen a load of deals before but only just got a laptop with a HD4000 and want a classic to play at a good framerate. Cheers.
    The cheapest price I've seen the Orange Box at recently is €10.39 delivered, on Wow HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Cheers guys, €10.39 is almost half the price of Steam :). Will have a look at Smyths as well. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Don't buy from wow hd if you want to play it this month

edit: it's not even in stock, I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Cool Shop have it, they are usually reliable with delivery
    https://www.coolshop.co.uk/catalog/product/53352-half-life_2_the_orange_box_pc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Would it make sense to have a requests thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

G2Play.net got some good deals going at the moment.

Bioshock Infinite Preorder 29.99
    Dead Space 3 32.99
    Devil May Cry 24.99
    Colonial Marines 34.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

SB2013 wrote: »
    Colonial Marines 34.99

This is meant to be a bargains thread...or do they give you €34.99 to take the game? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

EnterNow wrote: »
    This is meant to be a bargains thread...or do they give you €34.99 to take the game? :D

Still sounds like a rip-off for only €35 :p

Picked up DS3 off them last Friday, very nice & fast service, was tempted by Far Cry 3 being around €17 but blown too much cash the past 2 weeks on games :rolleyes:

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Still sounds like a rip-off for only €35 :p

I ordered two just there, they're sending me out the €70 so happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

EnterNow wrote: »

Still the top selling game on Steam. I won't be buying it myself but I figured i'd help people get ripped off for less than the rrp.

SB2013 wrote: »
    Still the top selling game on Steam

Is that taking pre-orders into account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I got a newsletter from Gamefly that Guild Wars 2 is £10 off today only:

http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Guild-Wars-2-Standard-Edition/5003825/?cid=gw2uk021413

But their site is down, so I don't know what the final price will work out as.

Edit: It's back up. Turns out it's £50 reduced to £40 = €46.56

Pretty weak deal =/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well the new Indiegala sale is on; considering the price you can pick up 13 games (most steam enabled) for less then 6 USD it's a bargain if you want even just one of the games on the list ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Great place for comparing game key prices
    http://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/

Nody wrote: »
    Well the new Indiegala sale is on; considering the price you can pick up 13 games (most steam enabled) for less then 6 USD it's a bargain if you want even just one of the games on the list ;)

also the new groupees one as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Final Fantasy XIV [PC] - €1.91 @ PC World (in store).

They had between 30-40 PC copies on display in the Airside branch. I have no idea whether this is a bargain or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Fnz wrote: »

They had between 30-40 PC copies on display in the Airside branch. I have no idea whether this is a bargain or not.

From Wikipedia:
    Square Enix has sent at least two apologies to its customers, recognizing the poor quality of the game, asking for patience, and announcing free trial extensions and reshuffles in the development team.[52][53][54]

Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada admitted in a September 2011 press conference that "the Final Fantasy brand has been greatly damaged" as a result of the game's shortcomings.[55][56]

Er, buyer beware? :)

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Fnz wrote: »

They have revamped it, might be worth a shot, I'm sure you get a months sub with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

oceanclub wrote: »
    From Wikipedia:

Er, buyer beware? :)

P.

The game was an absolute disaster on release but they basically got rid of everyone working on it and rebuilt the whole game from the ground up, beta starts soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Skerries wrote: »
    Dishonored €15.11 registers on Steam
    Think you need to add £3 - £5UK P&P to that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Another indie royale bundle currently at €4.37. 6 games of which 3 are steam activated.

Serious Sam 3:BFE
    Shad'O
    Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time

Oozi: Earth Adventure
    Lunnye Devitsy 2013
    Wake 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

blaa85 wrote: »
    They have revamped it, might be worth a shot, I'm sure you get a months sub with it.

Yeah, I had heard it was being reworked. Anyway, the packaging indicates the usual 30-day subscription is included.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Big linux sale on steam at the moment. Some great deals like Trine 1 & 2+expansion for €4.24 and other indie games.
    Link to sale, remains open till the 21st of February 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On Origin

Mass effect trilogy €24.99
    The Walking Dead €14.99

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement