Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destroy The Dark Brotherhood!

• 29-08-2014 3:19am
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm playing probably my 8th run through of Skyrim and I've only just heard that this is an option - basically instead of joining up with them you kill them all?

Turns out when
    you've been kidnapped by Astrid and you're in the abandoned shack where she tells you to kill one of the captives, you just kill her instead.
    Then the 'Destroy the Dark Brotherhood' quest starts.

Has anyone gone this route? How did it work out for you? I quite like the dark brotherhood questline so I'm in two minds whether to do it or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Never done it as I love the storyline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I did it with my first character, as I was annoyed she had kidnapped me

Its not a bad story line, but I must admit I recall it was a bit short as I was fairly well levelled up at the time and killing them was fairly easy

Maybe a branch save might be the way to go. Save it, kill her and if you don't like how its panning out, go back and don't kill her???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

but all that cool gear and the mount?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

but all that cool gear and the mount?

Yeah, that's kinda what's swinging it for me. With the hearthfire add on I keep shadowmere stabled at one of the houses, that way if bandits/vampires attack he finishes them off before my steward or housecarl gets killed.

On a side note, has anyone ever done the bit where you encounter Cicero before the dark brotherhood questline starts?

Yes i have its fairly minor quest you help him fix the cart and he drives on so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

On my first play-through, I swore to kill this Astrid person that keeps sending assassins after me, so yeah, when she kidnapped me, I killed her.

But it is horribly disappointing, anti-climatic and it's a very short quest-line; your average cave is more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭diegroblers

Toots wrote: »
    Yeah, that's kinda what's swinging it for me. With the hearthfire add on I keep shadowmere stabled at one of the houses, that way if bandits/vampires attack he finishes them off before my steward or housecarl gets killed.

On a side note, has anyone ever done the bit where you encounter Cicero before the dark brotherhood questline starts?

Yeah, all you do is persuade a nearby farmer to help him fix his cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

Yes I done this in my current playthrough just to do something different this time round. There isn't a lot to it though, Commander Maro gave me a couple of thousand of gold for my work and later came to my wedding.

Griever931 wrote: »
    Yes I done this in my current playthrough just to do something different this time round. There isn't a lot to it though, Commander Maro gave me a couple of thousand of gold for my work and later came to my wedding.

Much more satisfying to do what you do to him if you take the brotherhood quest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, all you do is persuade a nearby farmer to help him fix his cart.

He's transporting the night mother in the cart though

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Calhoun wrote: »
    Yes i have its fairly minor quest you help him fix the cart and he drives on so to speak.

I'd never even heard of it until I was wandering down from the Heljarchen Hall and decided to walk to whiterun instead of fast travel, and the next thing I see Cicero on the side of the road. I was like WTF?? I thought it was a bug until I checked the wiki and found out he was supposed to be there. :o

Yah, i found it the same i just wandered by him and was like WTF. Cicero is brilliant reading his diaries are so cool.

Advertisement