Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing recycle bin in town?

• 10-05-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey, are there any clothing bins in the city centre? I have some stuff and would like to donate them to charity.

I know where all the charity shops are, but just wondering about the green bins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I use the one off the dual carriageway from Shannon as I live closeby,not sure of any around the centre though!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think there's one by the Glass House, between the bridge and the back of Henry Street Garda Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Not sure if there is one behind the garda station, but there are a few at the

- Park road recycling centre
    - At the back of Superquinn
    - One the dock road outside some tyre place (I think it's fastfit)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Theres one in the Parkway Shopping Centre, one down the side of Advance Pitstop on the Ennis Road, One outside Spar on the Old Cratloe Road......I've seen them around a good bit recently, a quick spin around your area in the car and your bound to find one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Think there is one next to KFC in the Childers Road Retail Park too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Janneke

Thanks everyone - I'll get rid of this bag for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

There's one at the supermarket across from the southcourt hotel. The one on the dock road isn't for clothes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

alan1990 wrote: »
    one down the side of Advance Pitstop on the Ennis Road

This is the one I use, but it's a few minutes of a drive away from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

There's also one at the Crescent shopping centre, outside the front in the corner of the car park.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Not sure if there is one behind the garda station, but there are a few at the

- Park road recycling centre
    - At the back of Superquinn
    - One the dock road outside some tyre place (I think it's fastfit)

Does the place on the park Road definitely take clothes? I have a bag of stuff for the charity shop, but I've another two (or more) bags of absolute rags, need to get rid ASAP and that's the nearest one to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Does the place on the park Road definitely take clothes? I have a bag of stuff for the charity shop, but I've another two (or more) bags of absolute rags, need to get rid ASAP and that's the nearest one to me.
    If you're with mr binman you can put old clothes into their opti bags now,I got rid of 3 bags full the other day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 darcycheng

Make sure you only put in a well known charities bin or better still take it directly to a charity shop - there are a lot of scammers out there and many of them also own their own clothing banks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

LucyLouLou wrote: »
    If you're with mr binman you can put old clothes into their opti bags now,I got rid of 3 bags full the other day:D

Blast it, I never knew that! Went to check the Park Rd facility this eve and as I thought, there was no clothes bin so I went to the one in Childers Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Blast it, I never knew that! Went to check the Park Rd facility this eve and as I thought, there was no clothes bin so I went to the one in Childers Rd.

There's a new shop open on the Ennis Road,opposite the Strand Hotel advertising that it buys 2nd hand clothes.Could be worth a few bob to someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭dougie-lampkin

There's a new shop open on the Ennis Road,opposite the Strand Hotel advertising that it buys 2nd hand clothes.Could be worth a few bob to someone.

Think there's one at the junction of High St and William St too, that buy bags of clothing off you.

Advertisement