Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

the art of gaming when relaxed. Well done on reaching your spiritual centre. Now get back in there and start shooting.... calmly haha

I agree but........

6:20 onwards is best (and typical of some days :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Playing black ops earlier, got an 11 kill streak(Usually get 5-6). Had an attack helicopter and a care package, Called in the attack helicopter, then my care package and got a Huey. Was delighted as I've never got one before. Couldn't call it in cause of the attack helicopter and then the game ended... :pac: I was disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Was put into a game of domination on dome last night but it was a few mins into the game so I didn't know what was going on, then all of a sudden there was ac130's or whatever the fcuk they are up in the sky and air strikes and sh1t everywhere. Took me a few mins before I copped most of the players on the enemy team were from boards! SeamusLFC went 47-7 or something like that......I on the other hand ended up going 23-24 or something like that.

Ah well, at least I didn't rage quit :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Lads, complete noob question here if i may, pretty new to xbox360/ hadn't played games in at least 10 years until recently.:o

Picked up COD:MW3. I have just finished the Main Campaign part (on normal difficulty), have done the first 2 Special Op's missions today.

Where do i start as regards playing with other human beings in this game, if i play via xbox live will they actomatically put me into games with other noobs who don't know what they are at?. All these "killstreaks/campers/flag-hunters/teams" or whatever are like a foreign language to me...i didn't come accross these in the main campaign. I have the one month free to xbox live that came with it, so i know how to get onto xbox live, just dunno where a newcomer should be looking as regards a starting point/ missions etc.
    One last thing, can you play without using the headphones to communicate with others or is this a big disadvantage?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

From the main menu select multiplayer > Xbox live > Find match and pick a game mode and this will put you in a match with other people. It won't put you in a match with just other people who haven't played the game yet it will be a mix. You don't need a headset but it would be better to get one if you enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

iMuse wrote: »
    From the main menu select multiplayer > Xbox live > Find match and pick a game mode and this will put you in a match with other people. It won't put you in a match with just other people who haven't played the game yet it will be a mix. You don't need a headset but it would be better to get one if you enjoy the game.

cheers, are there any easier or more basic modes in particular to get warmed up in do you reckon? i thought the idea was all the crap/new players would be thrown in together to let the more experienced/better players play amongst themselves, and then work your way up the ranks etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

cheers, are there any easier or more basic modes in particular to get warmed up in do you reckon? i thought the idea was all the crap/new players would be thrown in together to let the more experienced/better players play amongst themselves, and then work your way up the ranks etc etc

Always found merc tdm relatively easy. You're unlikely to run into a clan there. All the noobs get thrown in with the better gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Any of you guys still play MW2 ? I signed up for the clan, but don't have MW3 or Black Ops :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwZur0VmfR8&context=C3aa4edcADOEgsToPDskLw8ZK_9UrEh9wvIZcxgEai

gamertag is tallllus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

tallus wrote: »
    Any of you guys still play MW2 ? I signed up for the clan, but don't have MW3 or Black Ops :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwZur0VmfR8&context=C3aa4edcADOEgsToPDskLw8ZK_9UrEh9wvIZcxgEai

gamertag is tallllus

I haven't in a while but I'm a massive MW2 fan so may go on from time to time to get my fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,757 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

We should organise to go on MW2 or BLOPS some night as a party, assume most people here would still have they're copies of these games??

Reckon it'll be a larf :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Lost my glasses at the weekend and was playing last night, I'm rather blind without them so don't think I went positive even once. Was using the underbarrel shotty for the most part though so it was to be expected! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

We should organise to go on MW2 or BLOPS some night as a party, assume most people here would still have they're copies of these games??

Reckon it'll be a larf :P

I'd be well up this because I'm on level from prestige on MW2 and would like to get my token.

If anyone wants to do this just drop an invite and I'll switch over

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'd be well up this because I'm on level from prestige on MW2 and would like to get my token.

If anyone wants to do this just drop an invite and I'll switch over

The missus is gone for the night so I have all evening free, haven't played MW2 in a long time though :cool:

The missus is gone for the night so I have all evening free, haven't played MW2 in a long time though :cool:

I'll pop on so!

I'll warn you now though. I'm utterly ****e at MW2. No idea why when I'm pretty good at BLOPS and MW3

I'll pop on so!

I'll warn you now though. I'm utterly ****e at MW2. No idea why when I'm pretty good at BLOPS and MW3

To be frank, I cant remember what I'm like at it, like I said, long time since I played it. Don't even know what rank I am :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I'll pop on so!

Must be all the camping you do! ;)

I found I'd a pretty good connection for MW2, a bit weaker for BO and somewhere in between the two for MW3 - can have quite an effect on your play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Only managed to get a game or two with some Boardsies last night.. which restored my sanity after playing Dom with randomers.

I have to ask, what level of retardation are people at who don't get the idea is to cap flags. I leg it around trying and run past people standing there attempting to snipe... I have actually taken to stopping and stabing them repeatedly...

Of course, I don't mean in real life..

yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

^ ya better hope Homeland Security ain't monitoring this thread or you could be in for a nasty shock next time you visit the US.

An Australian information technology expert said social media users have to get used to being cautious about what they write online, after two British tourists said they were thrown out of the US for joking on Twitter that they were going to "destroy America" and dig up Marilyn Monroe's grave.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/uk-tourists-turned-back-from-us-over-twitter-joke-to-destroy-america-and-dig-up-marilyn-monroes-grave-20120131-1qqsy.html#ixzz1l1VLpNQ7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

everlast75 wrote: »
    Only managed to get a game or two with some Boardsies last night.. which restored my sanity after playing Dom with randomers.

I have to ask, what level of retardation are people at who don't get the idea is to cap flags. I leg it around trying and run past people standing there attempting to snipe... I have actually taken to stopping and stabing them repeatedly...

Of course, I don't mean in real life..

yet

Ah so I'm not the only one :)

I spent 2-3 mins standing in front of and knifing a sniper from my team (randomer) who was camped way out the back of "c" on Outpost. People snipe, fair enough, but he couldn't see a f-in thing and wouldn't cap "c", utter bull****!!

Edit: and god help the p**ck that robs my care package!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

IPAM wrote: »
    Ah so I'm not the only one :)
    !

jesus last night we had some random gimp on out side camp in their spawn bloody night mare with him causing the spawns to flip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Hoping to get the game back this weekend. I honestly cannot wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

Sorry to disappear mid game but I'd a vomiting baby looking for attention :-(

MiCr0 wrote: »

I find plenty of them in the lobby while waiting on a game...

Tell the missus to lay off the sauce if she can't handle it :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

i'll pass that along ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

No worries, Seamas got 66 kills and I had 3 recon drones in the air for that match but we still lost thanks to rubbish randomers. It was rife with them all night, you could understand scores like 3-12, 2-18 if they were running riot shields and constantly trying to cap and defend B dom but those scores were got by sitting in a corner not even trying to play the objective.

Next time we're a man down I'm plugging in a second joypad and block the rubbish randomers from joining and have yimrag (1) set up with stingers, blind eye and assassin so he won't flip the spawns and is there to take down enemy stuff and to defend a flag with c4 or a claymore.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Next time we're a man down I'm plugging in a second joypad and block the rubbish randomers from joining and have yimrag (1) set up with stingers, blind eye and assassin so he won't flip the spawns and is there to take down enemy stuff and to defend a flag with c4 or a claymore.

That good sir, is genius :D

*Takes notes*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I'm gonna be taking a break from CoD until the next dlc drop... Gotta start getting stuff done so a little break wouldn't hurt :)

Great craic last night generally, but the private matches were especially so...

However, I was never so happy to later play regular domination in Dome after X's perverse load-outs and rules :P

• Advertisement

everlast75 wrote: »
    Great craic last night generally, but the private matches were especially so...

However, I was never so happy to later play regular domination in Dome after X's perverse load-outs and rules :P

What did I miss :(

Advertisement