Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Horsemanning

• 30-10-2011 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Kinda like planking only with your head detached from your body :)

Examples

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,983 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yes, that's right, it is.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I presumed some sort of sexual innuendo when I saw the thread title.

Does that make me a horrible person? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

How stupid do you need to be for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

No. Maybe you shouldn't be let work with horses though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I dunno what kinda sex you have, if it includes animals I don't want to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Don't blame you, I blame the horse.
    dam...sexy...horses...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why do people do these things? What pleasure comes from taking part in these stupid fads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Why....just why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

phasers wrote: »
    Why do people do these things? What pleasure comes from taking part in these stupid fads?
    Coning was pretty cool while it lasted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Any Sociology graduates around? There's more than one way to read this kind of thing, if you're trained to spot the signs. Which I'm not, but I'll have a go anyway:
    If Planking was a way of expressing the passivity and helplessness of today's youth in the face of a crushing over-burden of global crises and established interests, then Horsemanning is indicative of their dislocation from the normative* life trajectory established by the Baby Boomers. Cut off from the future they have been promised by the media, which looks increasingly surreal and disjointed compared to their everyday realities, they express their frustrations in the only way they know how; by channeling them in to Situationist art. The old is new again: Surrealism has returned to the Public sphere.
    Howzat? Should I have done Arts in university instead of Engineering? Nah ...

* no, I don't know what it means either, but it looks clever. Pretentious? Moi?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

hondasam wrote: »

OP uses bing...

Wow some of the responses on this thread :mad:

Horsemanning was originally popular in the 1920's. People do it because it looks fun, and they aren't taking themselves too seriously.

Didn't realise it is not on the cool list. So dressing up as a zombie and flash mobs are cool and fun while pretending to have no head is moronic? ok....

The new google images result interface is a bad copy of the one that has been used by Bing for ages. For the last number of months no matter how many results are found only the first page or two are actually returned in the images on Google. On Bing they all are. I prefer the Bing search in general for numerous reasons, one of which being it appears to make much less use of crowdsourcing, which means fewer irrelevant results. [Result rankings in google are largely determined by the number of clicks on the result, for example, which means sexual images are high for almost any query's results, for example.]

Kadongy wrote: »

Didn't realise it is not on the cool list. So dressing up as a zombie and flash mobs are cool and fun while pretending to have no head is moronic? ok....
    All of those things are moronic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

All of those things are moronic.

Ah hang on dressing up as a zombie isn't moronic. Although flash mobs are.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Ah hang on dressing up as a zombie isn't moronic. Although flash mobs are.
    It is a bit though.

Unless it's practice for the upcoming apocalypse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

Good to see the continuing evolution of Mankind.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

mongoman wrote: »
    Good to see the continuing evolution of Mankind.:rolleyes:
    It's true: The Devolution Will Be Televised.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

check out tebowing its the latest thing in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Wow some of the responses on this thread :mad:

Horsemanning was originally popular in the 1920's. People do it because it looks fun, and they aren't taking themselves too seriously.

The new google images result interface is a bad copy of the one that has been used by Bing for ages. For the last number of months no matter how many results are found only the first page or two are actually returned in the images on Google. On Bing they all are. I prefer the Bing search in general for numerous reasons, one of which being it appears to make much less use of crowdsourcing, which means fewer irrelevant results. [Result rankings in google are largely determined by the number of clicks on the result, for example, which means sexual images are high for almost any query's results, for example.]

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRF9mKK2jeuEGK6pG1sQhdxS0B0wJsgVrgm6nFRYWORkaE-6qZPpw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

that's so random..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Oh it wouldn't surprise me if some fúcktard recorded his own decapitation doing this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

hondasam wrote: »

About 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Rastapitts wrote: »
    check out tebowing its the latest thing in the states

this comes up if you google tebowing, I'll have some a dat

tebow4.jpg

Result rankings in google are largely determined by the number of clicks on the result, for example, which means sexual images are high for almost any query's results, for example.
    this comes up if you google tebowing, I'll have some a dat

google - because sex sells :rolleyes:

the woman in the bikini is Lucy Pinder btw.

Advertisement