Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Funny Side of Religion

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

12/15. Guess I'm the dunce.
    iguana wrote: »
    Only 23% of people thought that it was permitted for a US public school teacher to read an excerpt from the bible as an example of literature
    I'm just glad that it is permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

275968.gif

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_muou5z1W921soe7o9o1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Wereghost wrote: »
    12/15. Guess I'm the dunce.

I,m just glad that it is permitted.

Ah crud, that should read not permitted. My son kept kicking the keyboard as I typed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You answered 15 out of 15 questions correctly
    for a score of 100%.

lolwut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I thought it was funny that the second highest scoring group is atheists. Jews are only marginally ahead. In your face non Jewish religions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

^kinda makes sense. Most of the atheists that I know have read much more about religion than any religious person has read about it before they made their mind that all these are utter BS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

In most rational people, knowledge of religion leads to rejection of religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

robindch wrote: »
    In most rational people, knowledge of religion leads to rejection of religion.
    Maybe that's why I scored so low then....didn't have a religion to know! That's my excuse anyway - scored 11, hmmphh. :o I even got a 10 commandments question wrong!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Not sure if this more a hazard or a funny but as they have as much chance as a sweet on Halloween I decided it's funny.

Christian teachers in the UK want Halloween banned because it's Pagan roots are too obvious...unlike Xmas which is all about Baby Jebus...apparently...

http://www.christian-teachers.org.uk/data/act/downloads/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20ABP3%20Halloween2_May%202010_.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Not sure if this more a hazard or a funny but as they have as much chance as a sweet on Halloween I decided it's funny.

Christian teachers in the UK want Halloween banned because it's Pagan roots are too obvious...unlike Xmas which is all about Baby Jebus...apparently...

http://www.christian-teachers.org.uk/data/act/downloads/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20ABP3%20Halloween2_May%202010_.pdf

Brilliant! Yeah, they were complaining about it last year too. Way to go, turning all the ickle children in their flock off of religion!

Oh, this bit is just priceless: "Suppose if you will that spirits and witches are sheer nonsense. Why, then,
    encourage children to celebrate their mythical frolics and perhaps take them
    seriously?" Goodness....that's a particularly black pot yammering away there, isn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

13/15
    Last Question and Question 11 threw me

Oh and I am slso hated by The Daily Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

276078.png

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators Posts: 51,708 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

It was either laugh or bang my head off the wall when I read this.

Oprah tells atheist swimmer Diana Nyad that atheists don’t believe in ‘awe’ and ‘wonder’
    In a conversation with Nyad on the Oprah Winfrey Network’s Super Soul Sunday, Winfrey seemed baffled that the 64-year-old swimmer could be an atheist and “a person who is deeply in awe.”

“I can stand at the beach’s edge with the most devout Christian, Jew, Buddhist, go on down the line, and weep with the beauty of this universe and be moved by all of humanity — all the billions of people who have lived before us, who have loved and hurt,” Nyad, who recently completed a swim from Cuba to Florida explained. “So to me, my definition of God is humanity and is the love of humanity.”

“Well, I don’t call you an atheist then,” Winfrey replied. “I think if you believe in the awe and the wonder and the mystery that that is what God is.
    That is what God is. It’s not a bearded guy in the sky.”

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

koth wrote: »
    It was either laugh or bang my head off the wall when I read this.

You want to be careful of this. I suspect a common strategy of certain religious types is to get rational people to bang their heads off the wall repeatedly until they come around to their way of thinking ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

666 - The Number of the Beast!

We're all going to burn for all eternityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Lucena wrote: »
    666 - The Number of the Beast!

We're all going to burn for all eternityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Government tries to work out way to impose eternal carbon tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

People of the Funny side,

This is Prostetnic Mod Jernal of the Boards.ie Voluntary Cyberspace Maintenance Squad. As you will no doubt be aware, Boards.ie Rule #12.980-23567 A7, in accordance with the Save the Hamsters Act of Cyberspace sector Eire requires the periodic closure of megathreads. And regrettably, this thread is one of them. You are hereby informed that this thread is scheduled for imminent closure, any boardsie remaining on this thread after closure will forever be locked in the infinite limbo expanse of cyberspace. This process will take approximation one of your earth minutes. Thank you for your cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

(Oh don't look so surprised the plans for the closure were left on display in the Mustard Forum Charter for the last fifty days!)
    Thread is now closed.

New thread here.
    Thanks very much to all who contributed.

Bye, thread of wonders.

/sniff

• Advertisement

gvn wrote: »
    The elderly woman who retouched the fresco of Jesus is now suing her church for royalties.
    More amateur restoration in Spain goes awry:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44619416

_102210929_36199768_1720154211352923_543099507932397568_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement