Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭flutered

dgt wrote: »
    Hmmm... You could try again tomorrow, was it just ringing out?

It's not be btw!

as soon as i rang the operator said the no. could not be contacted, i have seen someting nearer home, which i why i asked for someone traveling thro newcastle west co.limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭anoda_username

Hmmmm, your loaction: Galway
    cars loaction: Galway

Anyway, dreamer and not bengernomics! Worth €2.5k-ish IMO

You think 2.5k without an NCT is it? I'm looking for a car at the moment, thinking of a corolla and when I see a car like this it's cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Hmmmm, your loaction: Galway
    cars loaction: Galway

Anyway, dreamer and not bengernomics! Worth €2.5k-ish IMO

Love how it says 1.3l in the ads title:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

You think 2.5k without an NCT is it? I'm looking for a car at the moment, thinking of a corolla and when I see a car like this it's cheaper!

If your looking for a Corolla stay away from this. These are atxed as a 1.7 and insured as a 2.6.

Its worth €2.5k at a push, if its clean, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭bladespin

It's not, no NCT and overpriced, also there's more than a possibility it would need serious work to pass the NCT.

Don't be fooled by a polish, if anything treat something that looks too good to be true as suspect.

• Advertisement

bladespin wrote: »
    It's not, no NCT and overpriced, also there's more than a possibility it would need serious work to pass the NCT...........

Also the possibility it would need serious work after passing an NCT :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Possibly worth taking a chance on?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4359481
    If I was in the market for a cheap motor I'd happily buy/drive that if it checked out!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,856 ✭✭✭Soarer

Top Dog wrote: »
    If I was in the market for a cheap motor I'd happily buy/drive that if it checked out!:cool:

Me too!

The fact that the NCT and the 2 litre tax is out this month is off putting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

I'd drive that 323 Sport no problem. Well, the fogs are a little OTT for what it delivers like but otherwise I like it. If that had come up in two weeks time I think I'd have gone for it - unlikely to hang around at that price unless there's major issues?

One thing to be wary of, a previous poster on here had one and had problems sourcing a replacement Cat - it's built into the manifold or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Barry Barry

This a little over budget but has nice spec and passed NCt today, plus its more interesting than a Passat or A4
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4361191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Seweryn wrote: »

Deserves some kind of award for the pics anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,790 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The condensation on the rear of the car suggests a leaking boot, which in itself suggests rear impact. That might be a bit presumptuous of me, but I wouldn't touch it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    The condensation on the rear of the car suggests a leaking boot, which in itself suggests rear impact. That might be a bit presumptuous of me, but I wouldn't touch it.

Could be just the seal on the window/rear door, they go on some Fords as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

What's the story with this thread? Are all the cars posted here in need of work? Or could someone who's in the market for a new(used) car, with a small budget, but with no experience in fixing up cars pick something up from here and be happy with it?

Not necessarily. I'd been wondering for a while why my back window got fogged up so easily. On the day of it's NCT I noticed a few droplets of water fall into the boot from the roof when I opened the boot door. It's never been involved in an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

Welcome to the thread, more about buying a cheap good car something ridiculous think honda legend 3.0L petrol, for little money drive it until it breaks and start again.

While having an ability to maintain a car would be a huge advantage.

So are many of the cars bought in the spirit of bangernomics sold off again? Or are the majority just scrapped once they've reached the end of their lives?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

So are many of the cars bought in the spirit of bangernomics sold off again? Or are the majority just scrapped once they've reached the end of their lives?
    Bit of both I'd imagine. We sold off our bangernomic 2 weeks ago. Ended up costing us €262 for 7 months driving (excluding tax & insurance). Cheaper than car-hire :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Too expensive! Get haggling so :p

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4347557

View2-16440986.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

I might be insane but an ex taxi Rover with over 200k miles on the clock that is for sale for almost 2 months. I still think it is a bargain that would be got for around €500. Nct'd till November.
    Full-15221562.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4097044

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

You can't tell it's been crashed from just a fogged up window. You can tell it's just been washed from the pics. Any time iv'e washed my car on a frosty evening it gets fogged up just like that mazda and my car has no leak or has never had a crash.

Do Not Buy This ;):D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4360529

View2-16499057.jpeg

Unless you can do all the work yourself. Buy for 250- 300 quid, parts for similar. You're done for 6-700 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,464 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Saab Ed wrote: »

'Sport'?

What the bloody hell is sporty about a 120hp, automatic, steel-wheeled, rebranded-Daewoo estate????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

'Sport'?

What the bloody hell is sporty about a 120hp, automatic, steel-wheeled, rebranded-Daewoo estate????

Well it moved fairly sportily there.. its SOLD!!

So are many of the cars bought in the spirit of bangernomics sold off again?............

Always sold mine, one with the gearbox after failing :)
    Once a car is running ish someone will usually give more than scrap value for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭jharr100

Passat 1550
    1.8T

Loads of tax ..
    Loads of test..
    Loads of miles..

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4361772

jharr100 wrote: »
    Passat 1550
    1.8T

Loads of tax ..
    Loads of test..