Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

colm_mcm wrote: »
    02 Pug 607 with fresh test for €1999

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3648942

That's a mates old car, he only sold it less than a year ago for a considerable good bit more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭analfabets

I had a look at this one

View2-12946286.jpeg

Will need new SID, new battery, new DI Cassette, couple of new tyres, little repair to front bumper and aircon doesn't work. I would have taken it for 1500€ but she didn't want to drop that low. Strange that there are only couple things there to tell that the car is Aero.

And just after having a look at this.

View2-12749259.jpeg

He would have taken 850€ but there few things that were really worrying - exhaust manifold had a blow, oil leak from head gasket (not rocket cover), Gearbox dipstick dry and really black. He said he noticed white smoke when driving.Also will need 4 tyres. So I walked away.

Continuing to search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

analfabets wrote: »
    I had a look at this one

View2-12946286.jpeg

Will need new SID, new battery, new DI Cassette, couple of new tyres, little repair to front bumper and aircon doesn't work. I would have taken it for 1500€ but she didn't want to drop that low. Strange that there are only couple things there to tell that the car is Aero.

They didn't mention all those things in the ad.If they wants a quick sale, then they are going about it the wrong way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Nice car, however is it simply not a Ford Mondeo with a Jaguar badge?::

Possible bargain of the year

04 rover 75 with mg zt bits

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3317874

€1500

Don't think so. No mileage advised. Reckon it has had numerous owners and a hard life. Wide style( illegal) number plate usually a dead give away! Tarting it up with a few MG bits does nothing for this car.

• Advertisement

That's a mates old car, he only sold it less than a year ago for a considerable good bit more than that.

Nice looking car. Doubt it is worth asking price!:)

jimmyw wrote: »
    They didn't mention all those things in the ad.If they wants a quick sale, then they are going about it the wrong way

Seller should have taken your kind offer of €1500!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

V-Nice little hot hatch for 1k here..

Interior is umm.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭boz13

I had a 2004 for over 4 years beautiful car never a days trouble, while yes it was a "glorified" mondeo, give me an x type any day, much nicer looking car and better finished than a mondeo IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

How much would a 2002 1.4 124,000 miles Skoda Octavia with 2 1/2 months tax and test till next feb fetch lads ?

Steering rack/electric window regs/motors just done and 4 new tyres 3 weeks ago, timing belt good for 20,000miles, in good nick apart from 1 fairly big scratch on the left back wheel arch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Maybe, but that particular Mondeo was a very good one.

boz13 wrote: »
    I had a 2004 for over 4 years beautiful car never a days trouble, while yes it was a "glorified" mondeo, give me an x type any day, much nicer looking car and better finished than a mondeo IMO

Very interesting. Fair and honest comment. Thank you for the info.

JJJJNR wrote: »

Absolutely awful.
    Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    How much would a 2002 1.4 124,000 miles Skoda Octavia with 2 1/2 months tax and test till next feb fetch lads ?

Steering rack/electric window regs/motors just done and 4 new tyres 3 weeks ago, timing belt good for 20,000miles, in good nick apart from 1 fairly big scratch on the left back wheel arch

I'd imagine you'd get close to €1500 if not a bit more considering the fresh tyres and NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭the bolt

would rather walk than drive that personaly ,thats not to say it a bad car but i hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Yes but considering that Mondeo was one of the best cars on the road it's well worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I am fairly sure and certain that was the exact car I drove for a few days when my own Vectra was in a garage to get bushings, shocks and brake pads etc replaced for NCT, when I was below in Wexford. The same garage rented me the car for the 3 or 4 days when they were doing the work on my own.

It was one hell of a nippy little car, went like sh!te of a shiny shovel, go cart like I'd describe it as. By heck did it rattle and creak very badly though, made worse by the fact the stereo wasn't working in it at the time. In fact as I recall quite a few electrical things didn't work in it. The fuel guage didn't work either. Was driving back to the garage on the N25 at a silly rate, overtaking an artic and ran out of juice as I was doing so. It was one scary experience, just managed to get past the truck and make it into hard shoulder!

It was a real novelty car to have for 3 or 4 days but think it would test my patience to own and drive it longer term with the rattles and dodgy electrics, and Im not an overly fussy person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

I agree its an awful lookin yoke, I thought it (should have mentioned) would've made a nice track day car (do we even have track days) esp if stripped out etc.

............... would've made a nice track day car..........

Mondello used to have a few Rover 25GTi, much the same as the BRM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

Full-13112535.jpeg

Carina E

Small bit of tax. NCT until May and 4 new tryes. €750.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

/\ clean looking carina! good find.

• Advertisement

Stoolbend wrote: »
    Full-13112535.jpeg

Carina E

Small bit of tax. NCT until May and 4 new tryes. €750.

Yes clean looking example of a model renowned for reliability.

A bit dull looking though!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Avensis 1.6 VVT-i for €875

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3664828

I'd nearly have the Carina instead though.

Agreed. The Avensis looks a bit rrrrrough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

It'd burn less oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's the lack of wheeltrims that makes it look rough IMO, if the pics were even taken in daylight, it wouldn't look so bad.

Stoolbend wrote: »
    It'd burn less oil.

Yes but it has a towbar and MN plate, reckon it has had a tougher life!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

I'll wager that Avensis has got a smell of piss, sweat and cow dung inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

but a cheap run around, pure utility car, i dont think you can go far wrong.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3654499

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

mondymike wrote: »
    but a cheap run around, pure utility car, i dont think you can go far wrong.

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3654499

As much as that is in a sense the perfect bangernomic car, I just could never drive something like that. I really would rather use the bus or my bicycle being honest..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement