Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benefit and privelege

• 22-02-2011 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I'm living at home since December and I'm 21 and about to apply to swith over to JSA from JSB.I know that due to my parents income I wouldn't pass the means test for payment, however I lived outside the home from Sep 2007 to Dec 2010.It says on the website that B+P is assesed as 7 euro if one lived outside the home for three years or more but it just doesn't sound right to me for some reason.Just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Barnsleyfc wrote: »
    I'm living at home since December and I'm 21 and about to apply to swith over to JSA from JSB.I know that due to my parents income I wouldn't pass the means test for payment, however I lived outside the home from Sep 2007 to Dec 2010.It says on the website that B+P is assesed as 7 euro if one lived outside the home for three years or more but it just doesn't sound right to me for some reason.Just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this for me.

b) Where a person returns to the parental home having had an independent life-style elsewhere in Ireland or abroad for an appreciable length of time e.g. at least 3 years, the assessment in this case is €7.00 per week.

I would think it would depend on how independent you life-style was... were you working and supporting yourself or were you in college and being supported by parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Barnsleyfc

I was working and going to college while remaining outside the home over the Summers so I'm unsure if I qualify.Also it says on the website that the reduced rate of JSA doesn't apply for under 25s when switching from JSB to JSA, this doesn't sound right to me, could anyone clarify it thanks, just very confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

If you are switching straight from JSB to JSA the under 25 rate doesnt apply. you will be entitled to 188, less any means that are assessed

Advertisement