Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

02 modem/ tesco modem -mobile

Options
  • 09-07-2014 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

I have mobile tesco broadband .
    I also have 02 mobile broadband,
    2 dongles.

I find the 02 modem much better than the tesco modem as regards distance connection - signal power etc .... Despite both modem devices using the 02 network. It's strange. I just got a new tesco mobile broadband device replacement this morn , it works , but again not as good as the 02 modem.

Question. Tesco modem locked to tesco as I tried to swap sims from one to the other and they don't work. Getting rid of. 02 at end of month will still have the modem though.....is there any way of getting the tesco sim to work in the 02 modem ? Changing settings or whatever as it's the same network that both modems use? Thks paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

what are the device models? i posted a tread asking about unlocking the Huawei E3131 as i want to use it on Tesco. Was thinking of buying the 02 one to unlock after using the €40 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Scruff wrote: »
    what are the device models? i posted a tread asking about unlocking the Huawei E3131 as i want to use it on Tesco. Was thinking of buying the 02 one to unlock after using the €40 credit

Similar to these white one is tesco and black one 02-
    These are spares I have - similar to what I describe here

Advertisement