Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a router compatible with 4G Sticks

• 22-01-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

I have a Dovado 3GN router that I used a few years ago. But it looks like it's not compatible with any of the USB 4G sticks provided by the carriers here.
    Even the new Dovado routers are only compatible with the Meteor Huawei stick (according to the website).

Can anyone recommend a decent SOHO router that's compatible with the USB stick's being offered here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭THE ALM

brasher wrote: »
    I have a Dovado 3GN router that I used a few years ago. But it looks like it's not compatible with any of the USB 4G sticks provided by the carriers here.
    Even the new Dovado routers are only compatible with the Meteor Huawei stick (according to the website).

Can anyone recommend a decent SOHO router that's compatible with the USB stick's being offered here?

Seems from the 3G/HSPA Routers thread that the TP-LINK MR3420 will run with the E3272 dongle, hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Thanks for the reply. I've actually seen that one in action with a 3G stick. It was kind of flaky as a router (about 10 people connected to it). But maybe that was just that particular one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

Thanks for the reply. I've actually seen that one in action with a 3G stick. It was kind of flaky as a router (about 10 people connected to it). But maybe that was just that particular one.

doh 10 people using one 3G connection lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Not the internet connection, the router. People would get randomly disconnected and shared printers would disappear. I connected another router and it's been fine since. The tp-link is now just providing internet access.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

Hi, there is a list of officially supported modems by some of the asus routers but I would go with RT-N66U from asus you can make it a really beast if you put on it a tomato firmware and there is a lots of option for 3g/4g usb modems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Obecny

I don't know how to edit my post but there is a link with supported modems by asus routers
    http://event.asus.com/2009/networks/3gsupport/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LunaT

Many 4G LTE routers can support SIM Card to create a 4G network, not need to connect a 4G modem. Huawei B593, Huawei B880, Huawei B890, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Using the TL-MR3420 myself and find it really good.;)

Harvey Normans stock it and less than 50euro.

http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-MR3420

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭THE ALM

can confirm that I am using a TP-Link MR3420 along with Meteors E3272. Have the dongle attached to the router and an external LTE antenna attached to the two ports on E3272.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cindys z

Yes,many 4G LTE routers can support SIM Card to create a 4G network,i am using huawei b593 ,it used very well .But t you should choose one that you like!In the same time,you can get some good informations from your friends who usually use those products!
    Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

HUAWEI banned from Australia

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/11/01/australian_confirms_huawei_ban/
    Australia's new and conservative prime minister Tony Abbott has reportedly confirmed the nation's decision to ban Huawei from providing any kit to the country's national broadband network.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cindys z

Oh~I am sorry!Maybe you can choose the other brands!Such as ZTE and so on~

Advertisement