Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Honda accord 2011 2.2d DPF light

• 30-12-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi, today dpf light came on in my car. Checked the manual and it's not the symbol for just drive it hard for 15 mins to burn the soot, but the symbol for bring it to the main dealer for checking. Had it in for service in main dealer only 2 weeks ago and vehicle health check was fine. He also mentioned that dpf was a problem on the older (2008-2010) accord but not mine. Anyway wondering can the car be driven at all as have a 2 hr drive tmrw or should it go straight to dealer?
    Will it be covered by warranty? If not how much will it set me back?
    Oh also the gear up/down indicator on the dash hasn't worked since light came on, will that fix itself when dpf is sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Lambasted wrote: »
    hi, today dpf light came on in my car. Checked the manual and it's not the symbol for just drive it hard for 15 mins to burn the soot, but the symbol for bring it to the main dealer for checking. Had it in for service in main dealer only 2 weeks ago and vehicle health check was fine. He also mentioned that dpf was a problem on the older (2008-2010) accord but not mine. Anyway wondering can the car be driven at all as have a 2 hr drive tmrw or should it go straight to dealer?
    Will it be covered by warranty? If not how much will it set me back?
    Oh also the gear up/down indicator on the dash hasn't worked since light came on, will that fix itself when dpf is sorted?

Give it a long hard drive in fourth gear but it might be gone past regeneration now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Yes the gear up/down light will come back when the fault is cleared. Got the same myself a few weeks ago. Mine is an 08, drove it for around 200 miles before dealer got it. Was only after buying it so was covered under dealer warranty.

Advertisement