Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

any idea if all the bits and bobs come with the receiver like dust cover, mag release etc? i noticed the pictured them in the magpul receiver but not in the one with the vltor upper.

Yer man got back to me today and this is what he said(reminds me of a KRS-1 song):pac:
    Hi, the body come with the body pins, charging handle and dust cover etc, but the parts is not good, bad quality, only the body is ok, thank you.

Best Regards,
    Jerry

Still you cant really beat that price!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone ever heard of these http://www.airsoftforall.com/ ??

Any info appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

looks very similar to hobbyairsoft

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Gatling wrote: »

Totally different company. This is some place called Panik Multimedia.

Hobby only trade as Hobby Airsoft, you should know this as they are one of your affiliates ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

as i said it looks similar as in set up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

fayer wrote: »
    Totally different company. This is some place called Panik Multimedia.

Hobby only trade as Hobby Airsoft, you should know this as they are one of your affiliates ;)

Aye, based in mulhuddart. Looks to be mostly muck they're selling in the aeg category.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Sarsoft

Gatling wrote: »

Tut Tut Gatling!:p

Airsoft for All aren't related to us be we do supply them with cybergun stock,nice guys they are too!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Aye, based in mulhuddart. Looks to be mostly muck they're selling in the aeg category.

Yup :)
    Sarsoft wrote: »
    Airsoft for All aren't related to us be we do supply them with cybergun stock,nice guys they are too!

Thanks for that. Someone passed them on to me, felt a bit dodge as I'd never heard of them so thought I'd ask here. Wanted to make sure they were legit, tho I still doubt I'll be buying any of their AEG's....

Do they have a walk in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

Are there suppliers of the military version of the Camelbak hydration packs that are local or within the UK that also have the full range of accessories?

Any of the sites I've been looking at have some accessories, but not the full range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AirsoftForAll

Hi,

How come that our last message post on this thread was deleted :confused: ???

• Advertisement

Hi,

How come that our last message post on this thread was deleted :confused: ???

You need to contact the mods to advertise on here.

You also need to please not spam teams inboxes looking for publicity. Provide a good service and support and people will do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AirsoftForAll

Hi Gerrowadat,

I definitely understand your point, it won't happen again please receive my apologies for the little mistake. :o

To answer other members, we are only selling online and have chosen to not have a walk in store.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yore fecked with the new laws coming in so, you have to have a shop that meets specific requirements of the bill,.

Masada wrote: »
    Yore fecked with the new laws coming in so, you have to have a shop that meets specific requirements of the bill,.

Not necessarily, thre just has to be a certain class of premessis, doesn't have to be walkin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

scanlant wrote: »
    Are there suppliers of the military version of the Camelbak hydration packs that are local or within the UK that also have the full range of accessories?

Any of the sites I've been looking at have some accessories, but not the full range.

www.survivalaids.com seem to have a pretty large range. Click on the Search By Brand menu and select Camelbak. I've bought from these guys many times, they're top-notch.

And Camelbak do gloves as well. Who knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

OzCam wrote: »
    www.survivalaids.com seem to have a pretty large range. Click on the Search By Brand menu and select Camelbak. I've bought from these guys many times, they're top-notch.

And Camelbak do gloves as well. Who knew?

Thanks B, every site I've looked at have some of the range, but not everything that I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

anyone ever see these guys or order from them?

http://www.tokyohobby.net/airsoft-guns/accessories/bb-pellets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

would stay clear http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/reviews/retailers/tokyohobby_review.htm run by a known scammer same person runs a string of airsoft fronts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

scams on him i paid him in butter vouchers from my nigerian account lol

Thanks puddin i near went for something on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Eight years on, and that guy is still in business. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

The list of the names he "trades" under is
    http://www.wwiiguns.com
    http://www.specialforcesweapons.com
    http://www.vietnamwar-guns.com
    http://www.japanairsoftguns.com
    http://www.tokyohobby.net
    http://www.tokyotoydistribution.com
    Tokyo Central Hobbies

He's been warned about loads of times on this forum before.

It took me 3 months to get a refund out of him, I had to threaten a chargeback to get it.

Stay well clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Put in an order with pro-t on monday, got no confirmation email after ordering.
    Went to log on the site next day and and login was apparently incorrect, despite trying to have the password reset and emailed to me (havent got the email yet after several attempts). Sent him 2 emails, one tuesday morning and one today and still nothing.

Anyone know anyone apart from uktactical that does warrior stuff? There's a holster on there and I reckon I got the last one in OD, and need one in tan as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

kinkstr wrote: »
    Put in an order with pro-t on monday, got no confirmation email after ordering.
    Went to log on the site next day and and login was apparently incorrect, despite trying to have the password reset and emailed to me (havent got the email yet after several attempts). Sent him 2 emails, one tuesday morning and one today and still nothing.

Now you have me worried. I ordered on Thursday and, like you, didn't receive a confirmation email. However, my site login is still active and the sire itself does appear to be live as they added another 'new product' since I last checked. The only upside is that I paid with PayPal so if there is an issue I should be covered. I will email them and update here if I get a reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

I ordered some gear off them last weekend and got it on Friday Mark would not panic just yet. Considering the reasonable price for shipping I was very pleasantly surprised.

Thanks Rob, will cut down on the diazepam for the moment (or should that be increase the dosage?). Did you get any sort of confirmation email with tracking number or did it just arrive?

Sent u a PM, if u get the chance 2 reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Just to update, my gear arrived today from pro-t, sent by good oul EMS, there a bit iffy about answering emails, i opened a paypal dispute to put a fire under him and within 2 hours of it being opened he had emailed me telling me it had been sent but never answered me about not being able to log on his site so maybe his "contact us" form on his website is a bit iffy, either way im happy.
    Pretty fast shipping and delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

just on pro&t order a few small bits on sunday morning, checked today at six and the stuff had shipped and is on the way already tracking number on site, great turn around time, reckon should have the stuff in about a week

My order arrived today, 4 business days after I placed the order, so kudos to Pro&T for their delivery times especially as their shipping charges are reasonable.

There are a couple of comments I would make though:
    1. It doesn't look like they send out a confirmation email when an order is placed, this gave me a bit of a fright! Having said that, when I emailed them querying this I got a pretty quick reply with my tracking code.
    2. The website isn't the most intuitive. To access your account information you login by using the 'Log In' tab (obviously!) at the top. However, once you have logged in the page doesn't change and your account info is not readily visible. To access this you need to go to the 'Log In' tab to see your information, not the 'Purchase' tab [maybe I'm just weird but it made no sense to me]
    3. They ship with EMS Macau/Macao and the only site I could find to track the delivery was only available in Chinese (?) and Protuguese, not much help. When the package makes its way to Ireland the tracking code works fine on the An Post tracking app.
    4. As I said earlier delivery times are quick given the reasonable price they charge. Another plus is that because An Post deliver it to your door you don't get hit with the ridiculous admin charge some couriers charge. I wasn't charged any customs duties but I don't know if I should have, with couriers I believe you often have to pay duties.
    5. Given how cheap the products are relative to other Far East suppliers the quality is good, but the differences are obvious when you compare the Pro&T products to the genuine article. As examples I got a couple of MBUS, XTM rails covers and an MS2 sling. The plastic on the MBUS & XTM is very obviously lower quality than the genuine Magpul item, and the moulding is nowhere near as good, they weren't even an exact copy of the Magpul design with very obvious differences. The sling was even further from the genuine Magpul kit with the webbing material used nothing like the original and so 'shiny' that it may slip in use. The metal sling fittings were also poor. Don't get me wrong, they all work as required, but are nowhere near as well made as the originals.
    To summarise. On early evidence Pro&T appear to be a reliable supplier of very cheap airsoft kit. Don't panic when you don't get a confirmation email. Don't expect premium quality kit at bargain basement prices but it is good enough to get the job done, only the most discerning gucci-ites among us will have an issue with the quality of the accessories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

I'm surprised to see you say that actually. I got a Multi-Mission Sling and MBUS from them too, and while the sling is indeed normal 1-inch tubular webbing, that seems like a fine thing to make a sling from - I've trusted my life to the stuff plenty of times, I'd certainly trust my AEG. The metal fixings on mine seem sturdy and well-cast, the locks are positive, the spring decent - it actually impressed me that maybe a bit of Magpul's revolting fanboyism is earned. Haven't had a chance to play with the MBUS much as the rail on my main AEG sits directly over a wider strip that makes pressing the button impossible, but they certainly seemed grand to me - haven't encountered anything to compare them to so I don't know. What did yours come packaged in? My MBUS were in a green box with nothing else, I think, and the sling in a plastic sleeve with the correct cardboard front and instruction card (not difficult to replicate, of course).

I also got a replica ACOG with Docter sight, with which I'm very pleased indeed. The optics are great, it's solid and the adjustments are quality. It had a G&P sticker on the box but seemed to be half the price. The only problem I've had with it was an attachment hole drilled slightly off-centre, which I sorted by sticking in a plastic shim, but apart from that it's excellent.

Come to think of it, I got a Tokyo Marui speed-loader too, and it's top-notch as well, I'm in no doubt that it's the real deal because I have seen what speed-loaders are like when they're el cheapo, and this sure ain't it.

I'd like to think I know quality kit when I see it (wouldn't we all?), but maybe I'm being led up the garden path. I'm just really surprised to have two so very different experiences from the same place.

Advertisement