Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.IE Domains €12.50 excl. VAT

• 06-02-2010 3:08pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just for people who keep an eye out for cheap .IE Domain registrations, there is an offer for Boards.ie Members here. Domains at €12.50 excl. VAT.

Hope that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

Cheers - but any good deals on multiple years? Say 3 years...

Not so good a bargain if its 13 now - then (70?) or whatever they normally charge once you are locked in with them for every year after.

thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Am I right in saying that all .ie domains need a company name/number. I tried registering one with Blacknight, but could not until I had these details!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

ozmo wrote: »

Not so good a bargain if its 13 now - then (70?) or whatever they normally charge once you are locked in with them for every year after.

thanks.
    If you shop about you can generally get away with about €25 pa. It's only very expensive with the IEDR.
    DanGlee wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that all .ie domains need a company name/number. I tried registering one with Blacknight, but could not until I had these details!?
    You need either a company reg number, or to have a registered business name. You can register the latter on the CRO website for about €30. Only when you get your cert with the number you can go for a domain.

The other option is to register your actual name - you just need to fax ID - but beware there rules on how your name can be regged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

Hi everyone!
    ozmo wrote: »

thanks.

Our normal non-promotional price is currently €24.99, although the price is constantly decreasing and I assume it'll be around €20 come renewal next year. We definitely won't charge €70 renewal! Also, you don't get 'locked in' with .ie domain names. You can change company any time you like.
    DanGlee wrote: »

Not necessarily. There are 11 different registration categories and 'Registered Business' is just one. The best thing to do is let us know what .ie domain you are after and we can advise which category it fits into and what is required. The registry has greatly relaxed the rules recently and the process is a lot less strict.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

not bad but blacknight.com had a promo on not so long ago for €5.00 domains

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Kevin! wrote: »
    not bad but blacknight.com had a promo on not so long ago for €5.00 domains

Blacknight frequently do great domain offers but there short lived. This one is going to be on offer for a few months at least, as its what I tried to get for the forum. Something that does not expire in a week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Sully wrote: »
    Blacknight frequently do great domain offers but there short lived.

Of course they are, as we often sell well below cost

We offer plenty of discounts on domains (not just .ie) and are the only ICANN accredited registrar in Ireland.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Blacknight wrote: »
    Of course they are, as we often sell well below cost

Well, my point still stands. I'm just pointing out whats unique about the offer is all :)
    We offer plenty of discounts on domains (not just .ie) and are the only ICANN accredited registrar in Ireland.

Hardly relevant now, to be fair :p

Well, my point still stands. I'm just pointing out whats unique about the offer is all :)

I disagree

People want the best price and service. Giving you warm fuzzies by offering you some coupon code that makes you feel "special" and "unique" is nuts

Hardly relevant now, to be fair :p
    Again I have to disagree.

We are able to offer discounts on services we offer because we are an ICANN accredited registrar amongst other things ie. we're not dealing with middlemen

For example, our current offer on .com registrations and transfers @ €4.99.

I disagree

People want the best price and service.

Are you suggesting that this offer is going to provide otherwise? Offers are offers, some last longer then others. I prefer a longterm offer rather then a "One Week Only!!!" offer.
    Again I have to disagree.

We are able to offer discounts on services we offer because we are an ICANN accredited registrar amongst other things ie. we're not dealing with middlemen

Yet, we have another provider who is not ICANN accredited able to pass on discounts? So, clearly its a (somewhat) level playing ground.

• Advertisement

Are you suggesting that this offer is going to provide otherwise? Offers are offers, some last longer then others. I prefer a longterm offer rather then a "One Week Only!!!" offer.
    That's your personal preference

I can't imagine anyone would complain if we offered .com registration for €1 for one day ..

Yet, we have another provider who is not ICANN accredited able to pass on discounts? So, clearly its a (somewhat) level playing ground.
    What are you on about now?

That's your personal preference

I can't imagine anyone would complain if we offered .com registration for €1 for one day ..

Not saying I have a major issue with the length, I was just pointing out that this offer was a more long term deal then short :) You probably would have someone asking you to go cheaper tho :P
    What are you on about now?

Ah never mind. We have gone farrr to much off topic anyway.

Advertisement