Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

I bought a Illamasqua lipstick in Apocolips. Been after it for ages and I love it!! Its a deep greeny teal colour so it's not for everyone!! But it matches my hair so I likes it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Anybody using the Immortelle Divine moisturising cream from L'Occitaine (in the yellow tub)? I splashed out on it over the weekend, liking it so far in terms of moisture and texture, but interested to hear what others think of it after longer-term use.

Also, after some flirting, eyeing-up and downright cheating with others, I have decided to stay with.... my old faithful, holy grail foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere. For my skin, nothing compares to it.

I would, however, give honourable mention to Bourgeois Healthy Mix foundation. I will keep the bottle I bought (while tempted to stray from my beloved Chanel) for weekend day wear and occasional work wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Also picked up the Malava spray that supposedly dries your nails. I'm a demon for spending an age doing my nails and then smudging them in a matter of minutes, no matter what top coat I use! Was €14.50 for the can so pricey enough but it will be worth it if it meets my expectations!
    Did you try this yet, is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

Picked these up in duty free recently

Ordered this today, hoping it'll work some magic on my pores 😳

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I have bought Nars Sheer Glow in Siberia.

I'm still unsure whether I have pinky or yellowish skin but I'm very happy with the foundation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thought this might be of interest to people here. The names of the mascaras used are in the article in the link.

100 Mascaras tried and tested

1a632e80f0a044edfd9dd37d171d7bc6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

It seems handy but I get terrible flaking, it would be nice is she told us about things like that too

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Picked these up in duty free recently

You are an absolute daisy!! I saw Mac Creme Cup somewhere (think was a blog or FB page) weeks ago, couldn't remember the name of it for the life of me til I saw this. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

I made my first ever Mac purchase last week - got the Paint Pot in Painterly as I'd read it is the HG of eyeshadow bases. Really impressed with it so far and planning to go back for Mac Creme Cup and to get a foundation matched to my skin. Previously would never have gone in there as I'd read that the staff can be snooty on some Mac counters but in the BT2 shop on Henry Street they were absolutely lovely.

Also got Garnier Micellar water in Penneys and have been using it religiously. Brill for taking makeup off and cleansing and I have really noticed a big difference in my skin.

Would be very interested in how good the Clarisonic is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

donna35 wrote: »
    I made my first ever Mac purchase last week - got the Paint Pot in Painterly as I'd read it is the HG of eyeshadow bases. Really impressed with it so far and planning to go back for Mac Creme Cup and to get a foundation matched to my skin. Previously would never have gone in there as I'd read that the staff can be snooty on some Mac counters but in the BT2 shop on Henry Street they were absolutely lovely.

Also got Garnier Micellar water in Penneys and have been using it religiously. Brill for taking makeup off and cleansing and I have really noticed a big difference in my skin.

I have Painterly too. It's great as an eyeshadow base :) I also have a few of the coloured paint pots - Indianwood, Rubenesque, Let's Skate, Vintage Selection and one more I can't recall the name of. So good for bases for more dramatic eyes or even wearing alone.

Have creme cup on my list for free lippie next time I get 6 empties :p

Love the micellar water too. It just removes everything and really gentle. Highly recommend it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Love creme cup! Easily my favourite work lipstick

The reason why I never have money

2n6f6sw.jpg

donna35 wrote: »

Would be very interested in how good the Clarisonic is.

Hoping the clarisonic will arrive tomorrow. Very excited to try it out. I don't know if it's just part if the ageing process or what but I've noticed my pores are more noticible now than they used to be, so I'm really hoping it'll help with that a bit. I've read too that it helps moisturisers etc work better so I hope that's true, my skin really could do with a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I got this a few weeks ago in Boots and only today did I realise it is an eye make up remover. So for about six weeks I have been using it all over my face. :o :rolleyes:

http://www.boots.ie/en/Garnier-Skin-Naturals-Fresh-Eye-Make-Up-Remover-125ml_868682/

Have to say though, its really great, really does get every last bit of make up off.

Also got Soar lip pencil and Velvet Teddy lipstick by MAC, absolutely love them and I normally don't like neutral/nude lip colours on me, they rarely suit me, but these two are gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭FullblownRose

I might have accidentally bought Illamasqua Intense Gloss in 'Touch', 'Succubus' and their lipsticks in 'Maneater' and 'Sangers' (that last name just reminds me of someone's packed lunch but it looks like a nice sexy red)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Just ordered Benefit It's potent! Eye cream. Hope it's good

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Ordered this today, hoping it'll work some magic on my pores 😳

You won't be disappointed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bedlamaticable

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Did you try this yet, is it any good?

Tried it 3 days ago getting rready one morning.
    Was rushing around before college to try and get out the door, I painted my nails, waited the minute it says and sprayed. It's quite cool, like it's almost freezing you're nails or something! But I was able to dig around my make up bag and get the rest of me ready with zero smudging, was very impressed!
    Only downside is that I didn't find it to be useful in preventing chipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I have a Catrice quick-dry topcoat and it seems to make my polishes chip even more. It seems you can only have one or the other!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Finally, finally, finally got my hands on NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk. Can't wait to try it out!

cat_dog wrote: »
    Just ordered Benefit It's potent! Eye cream. Hope it's good

Have been using this for a couple of months now. Really not keen on it, just trying to finish it up. Find it stings my eyes really badly if I get it too close to the waterline. I also have dry skin around my eyes, mainly on the lids, this cream stings to high heaven if it get near an irritated patch. Can't fault it's effectiveness, just be careful not to get any in your eyes (seems obvious but I somehow do it a lot).

pushkii wrote: »
    You won't be disappointed :-)

It arrived today. Charged it for a few hours, couldn't wait the 24 hours to try it. Used it tonight, LOVE it already. My skin just looks cleaner! And feels kinda deep down clean. I'm delighted so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Does anyone know anything about Inglot makeup?
    I've just heard that they have opened up in mahon point and I am intrigued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

Does anyone know anything about Inglot makeup?
    I've just heard that they have opened up in mahon point and I am intrigued.

They are very similar to MAC in regards to quality. For price they are a little cheaper but not by much.

My favourite thing about them is their freedom system. You buy a pallet, for either shadows, lipsticks or blush/bronzers. You then pick the colours you want and they slot into the pallet with magnets. This is super handy because you are sure all the colours are ones you want, which is rare for most prebuilt pallets. But it also means that you can replace individual colours as they run out.

Love inglot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'm not crazy about Inglot's foundations but the eyeshadows are excellent. I was going to buy a MAC quad but I got an Inglot one instead for far less money, and the quality is really great.

I suffer with abnormally dry skin especially on my legs. Coconut oil and Johnstone baby lotion (pink bottle) have sorted my skin. And I've tried Dermalogica body moisturisers and scrubs, and elemis body masks and scrubs and it could not touch the coconut/Johnstons combination

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I'll have to make a trip there and check it out. I love eyeshadow palettes but I really have enough. They are my weakness though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Hi ladies, I'm hoping those of you with oily skin could help me out with some recommendations please? :)

I have oily skin, particularly my nose & chin, and I'm looking for a nice long wearing foundation, medium to full coverage with decent staying power. I've tried Double Wear & it's fine but nothing amazing, oil still comes through after a few hours. Part of the problem is that I'm also quite pale - I wear 1C1 Cool Bone in Double Wear & it's slightly too dark, as is MAC's NW15 (but I've only tried Studio Sculpt when I had drier skin!). The best I've used so far is Revlon Colorstay in Ivory which is a great colour match.

I'm going to London in a couple of weeks so I'll have a bigger selection at my fingertips, so any & all suggestions are welcome & appreciated! :D
    (And if you want to convince me to buy other stuff in London too, you wouldn't have to try too hard ;) )

Advertisement