Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Back-court quality

• 21-10-2014 8:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Following the Waiters-Kyrie v Beal-Wall v Lowry-DeRozan debate over who the best NBA back court are, who do people think are the actual best back-court team in the league?

The Splash brothers probably feel they are the best, while Phoenix now have ridiculous depth after adding Isiah Thomas to an already elite tandem of Dragic-Bledsoe.

What makes the best back-court? is it the Golden state model of 2 superstar gunners, with nothing really backing them up, a-la Portlands Lillard-Mathews combo. Or is it all about depth? The best team in the NBA, the San Antonio Spurs, can drop in Parker/Mills/Joseph-Green/Ginobli and you know they're going to perform.

Are lockdown defenders, Conley-Allen in Memphis, Rondo-Smart(??) in Boston a good base for a back court, or a mix of extreme defence/extreme offense like Beverly-Harden in Houston.

Just wondering what people think about the back court debate and who could be the sleepers or surprises this season?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Felton and JR last year..........................hahahahahahahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Opie

Mongo wrote: »
    Felton and JR last year..........................hahahahahahahahahaha.

Jesus, Felton and JR were awful. Yet the Knicks almost made the playoffs! Calderon will be a huge upgrade on that mess, just by not being terrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I quite like the Toronto back court, probably the best all-round, and both Lowry and DeRozan have the potential to be stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭nerd69

Right now curry and klay no quiestion

I'm looking forward to seeing what Lance and Kemba can do in Charlotte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

I think a mix is needed. Rondo/Smart/Bradley is as good as it gets defensively but they're gonna have a hard time spreading the floor and hitting 3s.

The C's will have a lockdown defence in the back court, but offensively they are gonna be absolute pony. Unless Evan Turner suddenly becomes a player, Jeff green hits it consistently, and pigs start flying by window....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Yeah I'd also be of the opinion that Lance and KW could be a big time backcourt for Charlotte, I'm big on that team this season. I could easily see them beating out Washington and Miami for that division.

Advertisement