Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Pay As You Go tariff for Internet?

Options
  • 27-09-2014 1:01pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My girlfriend need to switch mobile provider. Mainly she needs something with a decent Internet allowance - one that allows tethering, as she just moved into a place with no internet. She makes a small few calls, sends a small amount of texts - but would use a fair bit of data - cause now she'll need to us her phone's hotspot to give her laptop internet access.

Can anyone suggest a tariff that would be best? Hoping for about €20 a month -she does not want a contract.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I don't think any networks allowing tethering on prepay?

Three would probably be your best bet with Unlimited Data, but they probably restrict tethering on prepay.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

A google tells me that you can tether - it just comes out of your data allowance, which is 7.5gb. http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/Apple/How-do-Meteor-charge-for-iPhone-tethering/td-p/152006
    What I cant seem to find is how much the calls/texts cost. So if you go for unlimited data and texts, how much are calls. If you choose calls, how much are texts? Does anyone know?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok so what I found was on Three, Classic Flex Max 350. Unlimited Data (7.5gb) and 350 Flexi units - which is 1 minute or two texts, so perfect. It's on a contract but only a 30 day rolling. I think for her it's a cracking deal...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

The Three Prepay deal is €20 a month, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (I tether all the time) and then you also have €20 to spend on calls.

Thanks I had not seen that one - actually it looks perfect! So do you know how much calls are and how many you get for your €20?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

can you call international numbers with the aforementioned 20€ allowance please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Just check if the tariff you get is 3G data only or includes 4G as well. If that matters to you of course.

Three includes 4G for a few months I believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Zascar wrote: »
    Ok so what I found was on Three, Classic Flex Max 350. Unlimited Data (7.5gb) and 350 Flexi units - which is 1 minute or two texts, so perfect. It's on a contract but only a 30 day rolling. I think for her it's a cracking deal...

Since when did Three reduce the "unlimited" data allowance to 7.5gb? I was on that tarriff up to 6 months ago and the limit was 15gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭robnet77

Since when did Three reduce the "unlimited" data allowance to 7.5gb? I was on that tarriff up to 6 months ago and the limit was 15gb.

limit is still 15GB, just went to their site and selected a bill pay phone (Z3) and clicked the link on the "unlimited" plan that costs 55€ a month:

fair usage is 15GB of data plus 10kflexi units, plus 3k units for calls to Three numbers

• Advertisement
Advertisement