Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Petrol Bombed

• 29-03-2014 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi All,

On tuesday night around 8pm, my car got broken into and was also petrol bombed.

it was parked outside my apartment in my estate. The front passenger window was smashed and i believe a flame + petrol was thrown into it. I heard the alarm going off, ran outside and put out the fire with a extinguisher. the whole interior of the car was charred as its leather interior.

i have lived in this estate for the past 2 years and the only other issue i had was a keying incident few months after i moved in. The keying incident wasn't targeted at me as several other cars were keyed on the same day too.

The event of tuesday put me in a state of shock as i am not in any row with anyone. i work 9-9 most days and i use the car to commute. Its an 08 Merc C-Class.

I rang the Garda and it took almost 5 hours before they came out to see the vehicle.

Eventually the car was towed to Gannons

I informed my insurance company AXA and i expected them to provide me with a courtesy vehicle whist the car is still being technically examined but they refused saying the only condition in which they will be able to give me a courtesy vehicle is - Only if they deem the car repairable and i agree for the repairs to be carried out by their garage!

I have full comprehensive with them and i'm quite disappointed with this stance by AXA.

They even went as far as saying that if the car was a straight write off secondary to any accident they wont be providing me with a Courtesy vehicle.

I am so so disappointed with AXA. I was with 123 previously but i was a bit skeptical about their reliability in times of need thats why i moved to AXA.

Luckily for me i am on leave from work and i dont have an immediate need for a car for my commute...otherwise i would have been in a jam.

but still i expect my insurance company to be more sensitive and sensible!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Your predicament is unfortunate but they're not a charity, unless its in your policy you can't just get a courtesy car. It always pays to read the actual cover

Advertisement