Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Live Hockey, chat while you're watching

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Tied with 2.45 to play, I'm routing for the Sharks based solely on the pour rebranding the Ducks have been subjected too.

Still watching here. This one is going to overtime! #bonushockey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Still watching here. This one is going to overtime! #bonushockey

Yeh didn't realise they went 4 on 4, is there any particular reason for that?

Yeh didn't realise they went 4 on 4, is there any particular reason for that?

More space/opportunity for goals.

This one could well be a shootout.

More space/opportunity for goals.

This one could well be a shootout.

The Ducks are creating chances though

The Ducks are creating chances though

Shootout, here we go! Great example, some great shooters and two great SO goalies.

• Advertisement

Shootout, here we go! Great example, some great shooters and two great SO goalies.

And thats it! Oilers tomorrow, Flames on Thurs and I have both evenings off :D

After a savage performance from Flames on Sat we're still split between the two teams, can't deicide who to follow.

And thats it! Oilers tomorrow, Flames on Thurs and I have both evenings off :D

After a savage performance from Flames on Sat we're still split between the two teams, can't deicide who to follow.

I'm a little confused as to who you follow? What's your situation? Phoenix host Edmonton tomorrow, Calgary host Colorado on Thursday...

Very happy to have you on board(s) by the way, just want to be clear on this!

Edit:// Your location surely makes you a Flame!

I'm a little confused as to who you follow? What's your situation? Phoenix host Edmonton tomorrow, Calgary host Colorado on Thursday...

Very happy to have you on board(s) by the way, just want to be clear on this!

Edit:// Your location surely makes you a Flame!

I'm Irish, just moved to Calgary for a year or two, maybe longer, always had an interest in hockey but could never get into it as you have to stay up all night to watch it. In the absence of the NHL we went along to see the Hitmen in action in the Saddledome, we had a blast and have been hooked since. $20 tickets, no beer queue and they play hard, you forget how young they are sometimes!

Now the NHL is back, we're having difficulty deiciding who we'll follow, originally we were turned off the NHL because they wern't playing, we're also well aware the Flames aren't great and the fans known for their silence (apperently). This along with hearing the Oilers have a young team, Edmonton being nearby, working with Oilers fans and knowing a few Oilers fans at home it just seemed to make sense to start following them. Then the Flames showed up on Sat and we're not sure what we'll do, we're going to the Flames game on the 11th of Feb, suppose that'll help us decide.

Regardless I got myself some skates and a $12 hockey stick from Walmart and I'm out on the ice at the community centre down the road every chance I get, its great craic!

I'm Irish, just moved to Calgary for a year or two, maybe longer, always had an interest in hockey but could never get into it as you have to stay up all night to watch it. In the absence of the NHL we went along to see the Hitmen in action in the Saddledome, we had a blast and have been hooked since. $20 tickets, no beer queue and they play hard, you forget how young they are sometimes!

Now the NHL is back, we're having difficulty deiciding who we'll follow, originally we were turned off the NHL because they wern't playing, we're also well aware the Flames aren't great and the fans known for their silence (apperently). This along with hearing the Oilers have a young team, Edmonton being nearby, working with Oilers fans and knowing a few Oilers fans at home it just seemed to make sense to start following them. Then the Flames showed up on Sat and we're not sure what we'll do, we're going to the Flames game on the 11th of Feb, suppose that'll help us decide.

Regardless I got myself some skates and a $12 hockey stick from Walmart and I'm out on the ice at the community centre down the road every chance I get, its great craic!

Sounds like you are living my dream! I visited Calgary when I was 12yrs old, during the stampede. I visited many hockey stores in the greater CGY area and ended up with a reasonably impressive hockey card collection. On the day of the 1998 World Cup Final, we drove from Calgary to Edmonton with my parents, to visit some relatives/friends, and I ended up missing most of the match as a result. In the West Ed Mall, I got myself a cheapskate Pat LaFontaine jersey which is still collectable and certainly above the money I paid for it. In general terms, I would love to see a proper hockey city win it, but also a city with little recent success. It's tough though.

In a moment of madness, I spent a lot of money this evening on some obscure jerseys to adorn my walls in years to come. Happy to have the jerseys, but expensive all the same...

Sounds like you are living my dream! I visited Calgary when I was 12yrs old, during the stampede. I visited many hockey stores in the greater CGY area and ended up with a reasonably impressive hockey card collection. On the day of the 1998 World Cup Final, we drove from Calgary to Edmonton with my parents, to visit some relatives/friends, and I ended up missing most of the match as a result. In the West Ed Mall, I got myself a cheapskate Pat LaFontaine jersey which is still collectable and certainly above the money I paid for it. In general terms, I would love to see a proper hockey city win it, but also a city with little recent success. It's tough though.

In a moment of madness, I spent a lot of money this evening on some obscure jerseys to adorn my walls in years to come. Happy to have the jerseys, but expensive all the same...

Woah sounds like your a super fan, considering I've worked 13 of the last 14 days I'm probably not living your exact dream but I get out when I can.

• Advertisement

Go Pens!

What a beauty! Classic Malkin, from a tiny angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Nice finish by Malkin alright but the Rangers have been dreadful thus far. We are all over the shop on the power play and don't look good on the kill tonight. Complete lack on intensity in our play.

Lots of improvement needed in the next two periods. LGR!

The commentary on Setanta is from Pens TV and I am not loving it, ahem, ..... Someone should tell them that hitting Crosby is not a penalty in itself.

Managed to catch Thomas Vanek scoring his hat-trick goal to make it 6-4 Sabres. He's got 5 points tonight and is on a fantastic run of form so far this season.
    COYW wrote: »
    The commentary on Setanta is from Pens TV and I am not loving it, ahem, ..... Someone should tell them that hitting Crosby is not a penalty in itself.

Root Sports? Bob and Staggy are legends, but they do love Sid! No more biased than any other commentary team I've heard.

Flames making a serious case for themselves here

Shutout win at the Garden, thank you and good night!

Nooooo

Dreadful performance from start to finish last night by the Rangers. The peewee team would have put up more of a fight. Vokoun could have snoozed his way through most of the game. Tampa Bay on the road tomorrow night which never ends well for us.

Looks like it is going to be a season where we will battle for 6-8 in the conference and struggle in the post season. The team is weaker than last season without a doubt.

Flyers v Caps on tonight. Haven't seen much of the Caps this year. Interesting to see whether Ovie is on form tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

What a poor call on Backes tonight, calling a headshot on a great hit on Huskins I think it was nowhere near the head.
    Changed the game with the 5 min major.
    This compared to the missed elbow by Erskines to Simmonds.

• Advertisement

Erskine got a three-game suspension for that elbow this evening.

Flyers are leading the Hurricanes 3-2 in the first period tonight, shaping up nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Watching Flyers game tonight myself, cracker of a game

Anyone staying up for the Flames game, I'm sure the first period will be a cracker :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Anyone staying up for the Flames game, I'm sure the first period will be a cracker :P
    Finding it tough staying up for this, the US adverts are keeping me entertained though :D

I really want a Papa Johns pizza for $11

Finding it tough staying up for this, the US adverts are keeping me entertained though :D

I really want a Papa Johns pizza for $11

Looked so tasty!

My 'Hockey Night in Canada' setup, complete with pint of Guinness. :)

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2MwZnFuYS5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=4LHsrqhoqlDknNmQUzg65yyKhYDswYhilWTqaBmfqZ0

Shame the Flyers game didn't stay closer, bit of a rout now.

Fantastic goal by Rick Nash, a typical Nash goal. He can get around people and hold them off like no other forward in the league.

Looked so tasty!

My 'Hockey Night in Canada' setup, complete with pint of Guinness. :)

proxy.jpg?t=FQQVBBgpaHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0cGljLmNvbS9zaG93L2xhcmdlL2MwZnFuYS5qcGcUAhYAEgA&s=4LHsrqhoqlDknNmQUzg65yyKhYDswYhilWTqaBmfqZ0

Shame the Flyers game didn't stay closer, bit of a rout now.
    Have you 4 games on the go at once?

Take out pizza in Calgary is rotten, pizza hut sent us a pizza with no sauce, dominos cut it into squares so you had these middle pieces with no crust to hold by that couldn't support a topping if it had a 6 figure salary.

I want an $8 16oz of Keiths and dome nachos...... and tickets for tonights game.

Have you 4 games on the go at once?

Yeah four on the go tonight, can get up to eight on a busy night! Never miss a goal. :D

Can't believe that there's no good pizza in Calgary! You gotta keep shopping around.

Yeah four on the go tonight, can get up to eight on a busy night! Never miss a goal. :D

Can't believe that there's no good pizza in Calgary! You gotta keep shopping around.

No theres fantastic pizza if you go out, we just havn't found a delivery option thats worth it. Just tuned into the leafs/bruins seems like a slow game.

• Advertisement

No theres fantastic pizza if you go out, we just havn't found a delivery option thats worth it. Just tuned into the leafs/bruins seems like a slow game.

Yeah probably the worst of the live games at the moment. Kessel is in a major slump, 270 odd shifts since his last goal. Rangers won 3-2 in the end, and the Flyers are holding out for a 5-3 win.

Not much happening in the Dallas Phoenix game either, though there was a potential goalie-v-forward fight when Jamie Benn landed on Mike Smith. Didn't materialise. Of the late games, I don't know which I'd prefer to watch, both look tasty.

Advertisement