Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[CoD Black Ops 2] News and Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

For PC users:

No modtools, no server renting and no public server files.

What anti-cheat will be used?
    Anti-cheat is a top priority for Call of Duty®: Black Ops II. We have developed our own proprietary server-side anti-cheat technology which will work alongside VAC to deliver the most advanced detection and banning capabilities of any Call of Duty game to date. We have also improved our player reporting system to make it the most effective way that you can help us catch cheaters. And starting on launch day we will have a full-time dedicated pc anti-cheat team focused solely on detecting and banning cheaters. We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. Cheaters bans are permanent.

Will Black Ops have Matchmaking or Dedicated Servers?
    Both! Call of Duty®: Black Ops II PC combines matchmaking with secure ranked dedicated servers. This means that you get into Public Matches or League Play via matchmaking lobbies. It is easy to party up and play with your friends. You can adjust your classes or scorestreaks between matches. It also means that every Public or League match is hosted on a dedicated server running in one of our high bandwidth datacenters around the globe.

Will you release the server files?
    No. We are keeping the server files secure to protect the game from hacking and cheating and ensure the ranking and progression system integrity.

Can I rent a server?
    No. We are providing a huge number of servers around the world at no extra charge – plenty for everyone to enjoy. And we will administer the servers.

Will there be mod tools?
    No. As we continually improve and advance our in-house tools for our own content teams we are unable to provide consumer tools due to increased technical requirements, licensing restrictions, and technology dependencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Heres a lot of the videos recently released in one video for anyone who hasn't seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The ship level looks dull as hell, have very little faith in this, will be the first COD since WAW I dont buy on launch. Hopefully I'm surprised and Treyarch deliver something good but meh, wont be keeping my hopes up

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

i think the game looks very well, seems to play alot like black ops 1 which is good, I also think the gun sounds are a bit better unsilenced but have the same BB gun sound if you put a silencer on them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Looks enjoyable, some lads were tweeting saying they had fun. I must say after watch the Gun video, they really need to add recoil to the SMG's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I do like the look of that map but I honestly thought they woulda removed the RC-XD's!! Fudge me!

Also looks interesting that domination seems to be a bit different, half time etc!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Looks enjoyable, some lads were tweeting saying they had fun. I must say after watch the Gun video, they really need to add recoil to the SMG's.

First thing I really noted.

Map looks grand, like the colour used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Ive read that there is recoil on the likes of the MP7, But you can put a grip on it to reduce it. Maybe that's what people are using in these videos? I don't like the way you can have akimbo pistols, Should only be basic pistols and stingers for secondarys. People are saying it plays like a mix of COD4 and Blops but it doesn't look great to me in the videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Wasn't going to get this when it came out. Wanted a break from cod. But I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll walk in to a shop see it and pick it up. Then spend my time moaning about it. Same as the last few cods really. Videos don't look too bad. Just hope the guns sound like guns and not pea shooters

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

8 minutes gameplay on a Havana type may

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That looks pretty bad tbh

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Loading screen screamed Invasion. Map was just that with Havana mixed in.

Fairly bad when the only positive thing I've been able to say about the game so far is the colour pallet is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It will definately be better than MW3!

* possibly not true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Mags taped together is not the same as Sleight of Hand :mad:

Tentatively saying it looks better than MW3, though I'm still not planning on getting it straight off the bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Looks like a lovechild of Black Ops and MW3. That map was Bakara and Havana just mixed together, the fountain looks like it was copied and pasted. I also noticed the hit detection looked poor at times even though this was on a LAN I presume. Hard to be impressed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

AdamD wrote: »
    That looks pretty bad tbh

In fairness, the commentary was awful, as was the gameplay

everlast75 wrote: »
    In fairness, the commentary was awful, as was the gameplay

That one guy from IGN who commentates those videos just irritates the hell out of me. When IW was at IGN before MW3 launched, he was terrible at interviewing them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

That one guy from IGN who commentates those videos just irritates the hell out of me. When IW was at IGN before MW3 launched, he was terrible at interviewing them all.

Bobbya comin' at cha yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Right, so I have preordered the Hardened edition of BlOps2 at Gamestop (did so a few months back) and I have heard that it will be retailing at €90ish. Considering the RRP $79.99 USD which is about €60ish at todays exchange rate, I am thinking of cancelling/transferring my preorder to a different game and buying BlOps somewhere else.
    Does anyone know if Xtravision or any other large retailer has released a price on their hardened edition? Any suggestions?

CORaven wrote: »
    Right, so I have preordered the Hardened edition of BlOps2 at Gamestop (did so a few months back) and I have heard that it will be retailing at €90ish. Considering the RRP $79.99 USD which is about €60ish at todays exchange rate, I am thinking of cancelling/transferring my preorder to a different game and buying BlOps somewhere else.
    Does anyone know if Xtravision or any other large retailer has released a price on their hardened edition? Any suggestions?

HMV is doing theirs cheaper than Gamestop, not sure what their price is though. HMV will probably sell the standard for 45 minimum and 50 max, It's rare HMV charges 55 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

No Dead mans hand! Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

HMV is doing theirs cheaper than Gamestop, not sure what their price is though. HMV will probably sell the standard for 45 minimum and 50 max, It's rare HMV charges 55 euro.

I'm 99% sure HMV charged 52.99euro last year for MW3, Tesco are always the cheapest 45euro

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

No Dead mans hand! Ridiculous.

Read 'em and weep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

cant wait for this! time to start sweet talking the oul ones in Tesco in the run up to launch day!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

I'm Excited!!!!

622707_491905860830413_326401731_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Just pre-ordered the hardened edition off the Gamestop website, what are the like for release day delivery with An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just pre-ordered the hardened edition off the Gamestop website, what are the like for release day delivery with An Post?

I've heard they're pretty good.
    I ordered Blops 1 from Play and think I got it around ten days after release date. Did my head in. From recollection I didn't miss much as the first few weeks 'cos it was pretty unplayable online. Pre-ordered in a bricks 'n mortar shop this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've heard they're pretty good.
    I ordered Blops 1 from Play and think I got it around ten days after release date. Did my head in. From recollection I didn't miss much as the first few weeks 'cos it was pretty unplayable online. Pre-ordered in a bricks 'n mortar shop this time round.

Ah grand, I bought FIFA 13 off them with express with them & got it a day a day early, I was just wondering will it be a day late or whatever, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

So say If was to buy Blops 2..

Do I have to of pre-ordered it to get access to Nuketown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

hypermuse wrote: »
    So say If was to buy Blops 2..

Do I have to of pre-ordered it to get access to Nuketown?

Yes, anyone who preorders gets Nuketown and double XP the weekend 16th-18th Nov from gamestop anyway.

Advertisement