Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For all the BAE Doubters..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Great news I love BAE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Great news I love BAE

me and all. tis his Scottish cousin on the other side that worries me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

BAE has the lot.
    True professional, cool as a cucumber, quick as lightning and class skills.
    Out & out Yid :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Its his cross field balls that have me worried. Everygame he "tries" to do it and Inevitabley f**ks it up !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was a doubter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'm happy about this. I rate him. He's got his faults, but when he's playing well he's a match for most right sided players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

He's a good LB but, like Hutton on the right, he can get a bit compacent and sloppy. Good to get him on a long-term contract, but we can get better in - Baines, Bridge, Chivu etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

I'm a doubter :o

His lack of defensive awareness and silly tackles leads me to believe that he is not a left back for a top 4 club.

However there isnt really much else out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

.. still a doubter although he's starting to grow on me.
    He is probably one of the top 5-6 LB in the PL'
    There's isn't anything better out there thats better thats in our range.

I still watch him with one eye half closed... he was sloppy today and one of these days its gonna cost us - dearly! Like YP Lee vs Utd a few seasons ago when we were within inches of a result that would have put us 4th with only a game to go.

Some tackle against Kuyt today he did brilliant to get the ball

• Advertisement

58 - Benoit Assou-Ekotto of Tottenham Hotspur has intercepted the ball more often than any other player. Anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

My favourite spurs player

Benny has consistently impressed again this year he can still loose the rag from time to time but he's so composed on the ball he really is underrated and I was a bit miffed that in the soccer forum they reckoned he was only the 8 best in the league :eek: I reckon he's up in third or fourth to be honest. He also gives us a nice bit of grit too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shakka

I love his shoulder charges. Nobody does it better than BAE

He was back to his old self on Tuesday night!

Gave the ball away cheaply twice in the LB position of the pitch in the space of 30seconds (near the end of the 1st half i think) and I was calling him all the names under the sun :D

He's still deadly though, they all are! COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

I love them all to but the amount of times I've shouted at the TV "'X' you useless bollix....etc.."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

im sick of saying it .....we need a left back , BAE is a liability

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

he cost us 2 goals today imo

If you look at the 3rd goal, he was keeping the Ormerod on by 2 yards, he then does really well to shoulder the other blackpool player off the ball just as he's about the trigger but then he forgets about Ormerod who steals in and strokes it in.

Dawson's response says it all. he was disgusted and couldn't even look at BAE

anyway, I'd rather BAE made is fu*k ups tonight then against Ac at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

He deffo had a bad game tonight but for the doubters I'd ask who do you think we could get that's better?

Top LB's are hard to come by and generally very costly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

He was poor tonight, agreed. But there aint too many left fulls around that I'd take ahead of him. Baines off Everton would be nice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hots Purr

He does have some awful days/nights alright and I have been a doubter but then from time to time he will pull something out of the bag and you can't help but thank the lord for him... after shouting every name under the sun at him the previous 89 minutes of course...

He's one of those players that will always have us Spurs fans divided :D but he's played his part in the particularly glorious results we've had this season and he certainly has heart and enthusiasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

He wrecks my head, plain and simple. Has the ability and seems to get bored in games. Also strikes me as a player that never does his homework on who he is facing. As another poster said Baines would be class.

BUMP

Benny's Article
    I thought it was very good.
    It's time for Spurs to build on success or we might end up like Villa

benoit.assou-ekotto.gifBenoit Assou-Ekotto
    27 Oct 2011
    sponsored-links.gif

Ads by Google

ETL Open Source Download
    Fast, Powerful, Affordable, Easy ETL Tool Suite. Free Download!
    www.Talend.com/Open_Source_ETL

5s are back
    FAI Irish Sun 5 a side leagues 8 weeks 30 venues. Great prizes.
    www.5s.ie

up to 75% Profit Online
    1 Trade & Your £1000 can be £1750! Start Trading Binary Options Online
    www.traderxp.com/25%+Welcome+Bonus

Carbon Trading Profit
    Free guide to earning massive gains by trading CO2 emission credits
    SceptreCO2e.com/carbon_credits

gif?meta=appNexus

This is certainly the best Tottenham team during my time at the club and our aim has to be to qualify again for the Champions League.
    We're stronger than last year and let's hope we're weaker than we will be next year - but there are other factors involved.
    We're a good team who might be on the road to becoming great. If we want to become great, though, perhaps the club have to do certain things differently so as to match what the top teams do in a financial sense.
    Since we qualified for the Champions League, we can say, yes, we have become a big team. Now, to become like Chelsea or Manchester United, we need to keep the same team for the next couple of years and make everyone happy to stay, rather than being in the situation we were with Luka Modric during the summer.
    There's a lot to be excited about at Spurs now with the new training ground and maybe a new stadium. It feels like the future could be really good for the fans but if the players don't stay, we could end up like Aston Villa.
    Not long ago, they were maybe two or three players away from becoming a top team. They didn't buy them and they didn't keep the ones who were already there and since that time, they have taken a few steps back.
    Instead of being able to build on what they had, players ended up leaving Villa, so I hope Tottenham will make the right steps.
    There was contact from Paris St-Germain about signing me during the summer but I didn't push it. I feel good in England, London and at Tottenham. But let me share a simple example. If a player is earning £3 somewhere and another club offers him £6, he will ask his current club to match that offer.
    If they don't match it, he will move to another club, because he might feel undervalued. True, there are other things a player thinks about but the first thing a player speaks about when he is negotiating with a club is money.
    When you're at Spurs, it's like you're with family. The players are very friendly, it's a cool place and as a team we will give our best but if the financial situation is not addressed, the players have careers to think about.
    You wouldn't go looking elsewhere if you're happy where you are. But you will not always refuse to better your professional career and earnings because you like the "family" feeling.
    It's the first of two consecutive derby matches for us this weekend as we're coming up against Queens Park Rangers at White Hart Lane. Although I haven't spoken to him for a little while, I know Adel Taarabt well as we were both at Lens in France and then he joined me at Tottenham in 2007.
    I know that Adel has a certain reputation but I don't have the eyes of a manager, so for me, he is a cool man, not a difficult character.
    I have known him since he was maybe 12 so it is interesting to see the man he is now, flying with his own wings.
    But the problem with some talented footballers, in contrast to those who don't have as much natural talent, is that they use their head less when they face a difficult situation on the pitch.
    Perhaps because they have so much talent, they don't feel they need to think their way out of tough situations on the field as they have the skills to usually get out of tight spots.
    But I think if a player wants to play for one of the best clubs, it's not only about natural talent.
    You can't sulk because you're taken off at half-time, or because another player is chosen ahead of you. If you're at a big club, you have to say, "Okay, I will work harder to show the manager that he made a mistake."
    If a player behaves badly, then he won't evolve, because it is in the difficult moments when you recognise a great player. You need mental toughness in football.
    Soon after I joined Spurs in 2006, I had a knee injury and I hardly played for 18 months. That was a really difficult period, because not only did I have to prove I could play again at the top level, I still needed to show I was good enough for Spurs.
    That experience helped make me who I am today and this I can say is true: reaching the top in football is about so much more than doing an amazing dribble or a brilliant pass.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-24002951-its-time-for-spurs-to-build-on-success-or-we-might-end-up-like-villa.do

cant beat a bit of honesty..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭yidweiser

Tottenham till he dies,
    He's Tottenham till he dies,
    He knows he is,
    He's sure he is,
    He's Tottenham till he dies........ :D

Advertisement