Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets all be anxious/depressed together.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Hi just found this thread. Have been on citalopram for 4 years for what originally began as panic attacks. They quickly turned into full blown anxiety disorder which then became depression. Came off them oI'nce for a couple of months but soon went back on them after Christmas. I still get awful anxiety/depression bouts now and again. Every single morning I'm anxious and have to try coax myself out of it. It usually takes a couple of hours. I get anxious for no reason at all. I just get anxious. A feeling of doom. It's horrible.

I wanted to ask a question though. Do any of you fear that you will 'never be right' again? I often wonder is it because I'm too deep that I have this condition. I'm of the opinion that it changed me as a person and I lost a part of my soul I can never get back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I worry that I'm going to feel like this forever, and its only going to get worse. But I do try to not dwell on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

lukesmom wrote: »
    Do any of you fear that you will 'never be right' again? I often wonder is it because I'm too deep that I have this condition. I'm of the opinion that it changed me as a person and I lost a part of my soul I can never get back.

Yeah I think I'll never reclaim anything. I wasn't much to begin with anyway.

Your right not to dwell. I just find it creeps into my head at times.

No I know. I'm not very good at it, to be honest. I find myself staying up all night, dwelling on it. Thinking about how has happened, and what is going to happen, and how much worse its going to get.

• Advertisement

Have been feeling quite up and down this weekend. The weather has helped keep me sane for the most part but seeing the amount of couples around was still enough to get to me.

I still don't understand why being single gets to me so much.

Karsini wrote: »
    I still don't understand why being single gets to me so much.

I think we call feel like that at times man. It's only natural to want someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I always have been like this so I can only assume I always will be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

Meant to update here, appointment made for Wednesday. Am hoping this is step 1 to getting my s*** together and getting this anxiety thing sorted. I've also noticed elements of depression or something as well in my behaviour over the last while. Cancelling that trip to go to something I'm normally really interested in and not even watching it on TV. Although I think I did the latter because watching it would have made me feel worse for not going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭G-Money

I really am. I've nothing to offer anybody. all I do is upset people. can't get a job, have no interests... all i'm doing is sponging off the state

Telling you to "stop thinking like that" probably won't work as I know myself when I try to tell myself to stop thinking something, it seems to just make me keep doing it. :)

First of all, you're not sponging off the state. Indirectly I know two people who are sponging off the state and it's by choice too. You are looking for work and haven't found anything yet, that's hugely different. You are trying and that is what counts :)

As for not having interests, I sometimes feel like that myself. There's a few sports I'm into, but when they're not on TV, I sort of feel like I'm losing my mind and I've no other interests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Good luck with the appointment G-Money. Hopefully it goes well for you :)

I'm currently sitting in the hospital waiting room too. Was 3 hours late for my app but they've said I will still be seen. Had to literally pull myself out of bed this morning, no motivation at all >.<

I'm having the interesting sensation right now of feeling sick as a dog, like iIve been run over by a steamroller, a ****ing awful headache, and feeling so low all I can see is black.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm having the interesting sensation right now of feeling sick as a dog, like iIve been run over by a steamroller, a ****ing awful headache, and feeling so low all I can see is black.

I hope your feeling better by now Xloud ? Wat was wrong of u care to tell ?

I've been feeling great again lately ( maybe too great, i always worry about that !!) The sunshone is also probably helping !
    or maybe its because i'm justifiably off work and dont have the stress of that hanging over me, will only be able to tell if/when i go back to work !

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

I really am. I've nothing to offer anybody. all I do is upset people. can't get a job, have no interests... all i'm doing is sponging off the state

Hi Stupiduser ! I have to agree with the other posters, we all know your not useless its just how your thinking...

I started those CBT classes being run by Aware nationwide and they are very good at explaining how we get into a pattern of thinking and negativity, and how we need to try our best not to listen to those voices and distract yourself somehow, think of and or do something you like doing....

Mind yourself ..

Well, I'm really ****ing ill. And I fell off the top of a climbing frame they have in a children's park last night after I climbed to the top, cos being in a playground at 3am climbing a dark frame by yourself is a ****ing stupid idea. And I just feel ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Thread needs some of this

flyswatter wrote: »

Well played Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

thanks all. still quite down, but getting on with things for now. i guess i'll keep going to interviews and keep feeling stupid coming out of them. i'm trying to do some work in my free time, so i've a better chance, but with my tiredness it's hard. how many jobs do you have to keep doing when you're unemployed, just so you're able to get another job eh.

tbh, I am a useless lump. I have nothing to offer anybody. for some reason some friends seem to care about me, so I guess i'll keep on going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

thanks all. still quite down, but getting on with things for now. i guess i'll keep going to interviews and keep feeling stupid coming out of them. i'm trying to do some work in my free time, so i've a better chance, but with my tiredness it's hard. how many jobs do you have to keep doing when you're unemployed, just so you're able to get another job eh.

tbh, I am a useless lump. I have nothing to offer anybody. for some reason some friends seem to care about me, so I guess i'll keep on going.

Bro, I've noticed the same thing. My concentration, focus and ability to do simple tasks is hugely effected. I'm hoping that once I get used to actually being functional and using my mind in a practical way I will catch on. I feel like a useless lump most the time too, completely alienated from people and totally out of touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

I'm sitting here at my desk, half laughing half crying at the link while my boss wonders what the hell is going on. Thanks for the giggle:D

• Advertisement

Cheered me up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Well, I'm really ****ing ill. And I fell off the top of a climbing frame they have in a children's park last night after I climbed to the top, cos being in a playground at 3am climbing a dark frame by yourself is a ****ing stupid idea. And I just feel ****.

Cloud493, are you ok? Might be time to get in touch with your doc. Just an idea

I know I shouldn't have done that :( but it was an impulsive thing you know. Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

hey does anybody get heart papaltations after drinking alcohol? drinking alot at the weekend and now for past two nights find it very hard to sleep and constanly anxious at a job which i hate always thinking all the time :(

better of to cut down or quit all together?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭mysteries1984

rob55 wrote: »
    hey does anybody get heart papaltations after drinking alcohol? drinking alot at the weekend and now for past two nights find it very hard to sleep and constanly anxious at a job which i hate always thinking all the time :(

I don't, no, but it might be worth getting checked out. As for cutting down or quitting altogether, I'd recommend quitting. Alcohol is a depressant. Easy enough for me to say, I don't drink often, but that's my two cents. And look for another job. Again easier said than done, but I managed it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭rob55

I don't, no, but it might be worth getting checked out. As for cutting down or quitting altogether, I'd recommend quitting. Alcohol is a depressant. Easy enough for me to say, I don't drink often, but that's my two cents. And look for another job. Again easier said than done, but I managed it :)

ya the drinking i can do give it a break for a while, job part no other jobs around! thanks for advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

rob55 wrote: »

Weed sets my heart racing/gets me hyperanxious. I don't smoke it, but if I'm close to it.

Never with drink though, I only drink on nights out really. Don't go out all that often. It keeps me awake if I'm drinking sugary stuff like red bull shots though!

Somehow, I feel worse. **** you life. I don't know what I ****ing did to deserve all this, I really don't. But this is really ****ing cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Somehow, I feel worse. **** you life. I don't know what I ****ing did to deserve all this, I really don't. But this is really ****ing cruel.

Hey Cloud

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough.

What's up? Has something happened to trigger this, do you think?

• Advertisement

My life. I remember thinking, when I was 14, after everything that happened, happened, in 5 years time I bet I'l have a better life and I'l be really happy. But you can't forget these things. You can't even stop thinking about them. And all people tell me is it won't get better, and you won't forget, but it'll get easier to comprehend. Well, its 5 years later, and its ****ing not, its worse to think about. So ****.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement