Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strange Facts that go against the grain completely

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

GaryIrv93 wrote: »
    Human hair and fingernails continue to grow after death.

Nope. It's the dessication of the skin gives the appearance of growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

If we started counting at the beginning of human history we would still have not reached the number one trillion. Circa 30,000 yrs ago.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If we started counting at the beginning of human history we would still have not reached the number one trillion. Circa 30,000 yrs ago.
    If we counted in parallel we'd only need need to count 143 numbers each :P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

booboo88 wrote: »
    Alcohol is prohitited??:eek:
    Yeah, friend of mine was over in the states and stayed in a dry county, no alcohol on sale at all. Was extremely conservative apparently.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Well bacteria thrive on wet surfaces and you lose heat faster when your wet. I wouldnt say it helps anyway to have wet hair!

Crap bacteria thrive in dark and moist areas, also hair drys quicker out in the air, the same as clothes.

Mine is that most basic cuts don't need plasters, or dressings, they would heal alot better if fresh air got at them, plasters and dressing can actually create an infection. (see my above point) most of the time they are used for cosmetic reasons.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

A Strange fact that goes against the grain.....probably that Evolution is true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Remember nits/head lice?
    And the public health nurse came to your primary school and checked you over and if you had them you got a foul smelling shampoo to take home

And the mammy would die of shame, everyone must think she has filthy children and is probably feckless and drinking gin all day.

But I heard the opposite, nits go to clean hair.
    So if you pick them up from a classmate it's because you're clean, not dirty

I don't know, twas a long time ago
    No big deal, the shampoo kills them off. It almost knocks you out too, smells likes sheep dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Remember nits/head lice?
    And the public health nurse came to your primary school and checked you over and if you had them you got a foul smelling shampoo to take home

And the mammy would die of shame, everyone must think she has filthy children and is probably feckless and drinking gin all day.

But I heard the opposite, nits go to clean hair.
    So if you pick them up from a classmate it's because you're clean, not dirty

I don't know, twas a long time ago
    No big deal, the shampoo kills them off. It almost knocks you out too, smells likes sheep dip.

Thats actually a lie so as not to hurt the durty feckers feelings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

People with agoraphobia do not make good travel companions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

9 out of 10 people prefer gang rape

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A Strange fact that goes against the grain.....probably that Evolution is true

Yeah but who created evolution.

Advertisement