Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

EveMT wrote: »
    Hey Das Kitty, once you get goal you dont have to pay as long as you stay within 5 pounds of your goal weight at a time ! losing weight on it isn't a problem, as long as its healthy! Good luck to you, I was goal for a year and christmas/ college weight boosted me back up 10 pounds :eek: so aiming to be back to goal by summer :D

For everyone else, just read about a fabb cravies kicker on this really great lifestyle blog called the londoner! If you freeze banana slices, whiz them up in a blender and add your choice of flavour eg cinamon and vanilla, or a heaped tbsp of choc powder for 2 or perhaps maple syrup for 2 then you get a delicious frozen dessert really similar to ice cream! add some chopped strawberries, blackberries or pineapple top and it can be a really healthy dessert or alternative to a smoothie if you dont want to waste extra points on a yogurt!

I'm trying it tonight and fingers crossed it goes well :P
    EveMT wrote: »
    Hope everyone's WIs go as planned this week! trying my first ever F&H day today and have to say I've really noticed the difference :) not nearly as much cravies or tummy rumbles :o

xxxxxx

Would you mind posting examples of what you ate today, I want to try a F&H day because I find myself not being full enough sometimes on my 26pp, but I'm afraid to try it for fear of going ott!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Well back from my weekend away. Absolute disaster of a weekend ww wise. Drink drink and more drink mixed with mac Donalds, club sandwiches, chips and chicken fillet roll. Haven't tracked since last Wed. Feel sick at the thought of wi on thurs. Dunno wat to do whether to go or not :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I lost 1.5!! Am in total shock after how bold I was. It's given me the kick I need though, have to be super strict to keep it off next week though - am delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

First STS in my 11 weeks!

I feel a little disappointed as it's put a little dint in my next personal goal! OH WELL!

I used my weeklies for only alcohol in the last week so i'm putting it down to that! Did do lots of walking mind you so i'm hoping it'll show next week!

A definite kick up the bum for the next week anyway!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Evening people! I'm never sure if I am 100% pointing things correctly, could any one PP this for me? (Sorry for long info ahead, but I'm STILL unable to upload a pic! :o)

Energy...................348kcal
    Protein...................34.7g
    Carbo... .................35.9g
    of which sugars......1.8g
    Fat.........................6.3g
    of which saturates...1.2g
    Fibre........................4.2g
    Sodium....................0.59g
    Salt equiv... ............1.46g

I worked it out at 9 PP - is that right? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

twirlagig wrote: »
    Evening people! I'm never sure if I am 100% pointing things correctly, could any one PP this for me? (Sorry for long info ahead, but I'm STILL unable to upload a pic! :o)

Yeah that's right 9pps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tubbydave

just home from my first weigh in and i lost 2pound, im a little disappointed with that but there again i have been eating a lot of normal bread so will try cutting that out or switching to danish this week.

good luck every 1 else

ps oh lost 3 and she got a silver seven

Yeah that's right 9pps

Cheers - thought it was too low, so thank you :)
    (Incidentally - it is one of those 'Chicken Breast Platter Meal's from aldi, feel flu-ey all day and wanted something asap that wasn't a takeaway. Can't believe it's 9 pps - some of the Weight Watchers Frozen ready meals are 9pps! - And this has way more in it) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Lost 2 and a half lbs this week! :D I'm happy with that because I was really good this week. I didn't drink any alcohol and pointed all the sweet things I had on Mother's day so I was really hoping for a loss. Only 2lbs to go to hit 2 stone loss since January 17th! Really want to try hard this week to make that goal, but TOTM is lurking around the corner so I'll just have to hope for the best. Well done everyone on the losses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Yeah that's right 9pps
    The app on my phone came back with 8- I don't have my wheel thingy at the moment to double check!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

It sure is! Protein/Carb/Full Fat/Protein. If thats what your doing that's right. Are you using the wheel (grrr it drove me mad for the first week) After that I bought the calculator which was great but more often I use the iWatcher app on the phone

hey all, just wondering how do you all work out the activity points for swimming?:D

I do it the same as a walk- depends on how much I push myself in the pool though. If it's a leisurely dip, it's low intensity, and if I was 45 min in the pool, I'd count it as 30 min activity time, to account for talking, hanging out at the side of the pool etc. On the other hand, if I go in and spend 40 min proper swimming, no rests, and keeping a good pace, it would usually be 40 min, medium intensity. Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Boop22 wrote: »
    Well back from my weekend away. Absolute disaster of a weekend ww wise. Drink drink and more drink mixed with mac Donalds, club sandwiches, chips and chicken fillet roll. Haven't tracked since last Wed. Feel sick at the thought of wi on thurs. Dunno wat to do whether to go or not :-(

Hey Boop22 - i would say defo go to your class, regardless of how bad you think its going to be, at least go and see for yourself what the damage is (if any) and then work on it from there, but if you dont go to your class it will be harder to get back on the wagon (well thats how it would be for me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

messrs wrote: »
    Hey Boop22 - i would say defo go to your class, regardless of how bad you think its going to be, at least go and see for yourself what the damage is (if any) and then work on it from there, but if you dont go to your class it will be harder to get back on the wagon (well thats how it would be for me anyway)

Thanks Messrs I think I will. I really wanted to lose 3 more pounds by Easter to get my first stone . That ain't gonna happen though now as I will defo b up this week. Ah well I guess its a marathon not a sprint :-)

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    It sure is! Protein/Carb/Full Fat/Protein. If thats what your doing that's right. Are you using the wheel (grrr it drove me mad for the first week) After that I bought the calculator which was great but more often I use the iWatcher app on the phone

No, MaggieMay - I use an app on the phone called 'Foodcalc' - Just thought it was wrong as I had figured 13/14, or more, in my head! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

No, MaggieMay - I use an app on the phone called 'Foodcalc' - Just thought it was wrong as I had figured 13/14, or more, in my head! :)

Ah cool.....those wheels are insane! I love when that happens and it works out lower. It's like a food bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I'm the same - started going off the rails on sunday and havent stopped. Even though I'm being weighed tonight I still cant get back into the mindframe. Had a bigger bowl of cereal than usual for breakfast, and a rice crispie square and hot chocolate for break. My head is just melted. I am expecting a definite gain tonight, and am hoping its only a pound or 2. Its like i need a slap in the face or something to get me back into it. 16lbs since jan and i dont want it to go back on!

Girls, i'm the same but felt too ashamed to post. Was very bold at the weekend and also can't get properly back on track. Tiny, you are like my twin, I too had a cereal this morning and didn't weigh it like I usually do and had a packet of tayto for afternoon break instead of usually a WW bar or fruit :( I have also sent myself into a downward spiral of depression after stepping on my home scales. Showing a gain of 3lb. If it's not fluid retention and I see that number at WI on Thursday, I will be so upset. It's taken me 7 weeks to lose 7.5lb so gaining 3lb almost makes it not even worth while. It makes me think, why do I bother, working so hard and then going out at the weekend (which inevitably is going to happen at least once a month, I can't/don't want to become a hermit just because I want to lose weight) and then ending up back at square one.

My phone app is obviously a bit out of kilter with the real world.... gggrrr.. must go back to my wheel!/download another app!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Just a heads up if anybody is in the Swords area there is a shop called JC's and they do a lot of the WW food including the frozen chips / pizza's and loads of frozen desserts and meals.

They used to do ww chocolate digestives which were a 1pp per biscuit but they have not been in for a while :(

Does anywhere still do the cheese / sausages / ham and rasers? Dunnes used to stock a lot of the ww food but not anymore it would appear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

No problem Taz, not sure if everything counts as F&H but most of it is anyway and everything was healthy enough!

for breakfast:
    30g porridge (made with water) 3pp
    125g 0& fat forest fruit activa yogurt 2pp
    chopped strawberries 0pp

snacks:
    apple slices with lemon 0pp
    small gingernut biscuit 1pp

lunchtime:
    lentil and vegetable soup 2pp
    1/2 brown scone with tsp of jam 3pp

(i think because of the pulses present in the soup it was extra filling!)

snack before zumba:
    frozen banana with raspberries 0pp
    1/2 brown scone (with no topping) 2pp

dinner:
    chicken breast cooked with spices and scallions 4pp
    steamed veg : carrots and broccolii 0pp
    brown rice portion: 6pp

Treated myself to a pack of jelly tots there was lovely way to use up final 3 points ! I think the porridge and yogurt together really helped fill me and the brown scone combined with the lentils left me craving free for a while at least! often i have tomato soup and a wheaten roll and would get hungary again around 4 o clock so this seemed to be a decent way of enjoying lunch and making it last longer!

hope that helps!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Thanks a million for that EveMT, thats really interesting!
    I thought with filling and healthy days ya dont count points
    at all as long as its F&H and if ya have somethin thats not
    F&H ya take it from your weeklies, for e.g. the jelly tots, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

you could be right about that Taz, haven't been on propoints for too long and just read about the F&H days recently and thought I'd try to give it ago! yes I do think you're right about not counting up the points but wouldn't trust myself honestly :P for me i was just trying to eat mainly (as far as possible!) of the highlighted F&H foods in the book and see if it would make a difference to the hunger as some days i feel a bit deprived when i've used up all my dailies and amn't satisfied! If you do find out anymore info on them please post here as sounds like a positive way of thinking for long term results :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Note to self: ALWAYS go to the WI. I was praying for a STS this week as my scales was showing +1 and +2 over the last couple of days but miracle of miracles I was -1.5 today!!! Only .5lb to go to next silver seven :D Must be extra good this week though in case the weekend tries to catch up with me!
    Taz1 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for that EveMT, thats really interesting!
    I thought with filling and healthy days ya dont count points
    at all as long as its F&H and if ya have somethin thats not
    F&H ya take it from your weeklies, for e.g. the jelly tots, no?

We covered F&H days in the ww meeting this eve and your right - no points for F&H foods and use your weeklies for anything else you eat on an F&H day. I still haven't plucked up the courage to try it but your menu looked really good EveMT!

JudyD wrote: »
    Note to self: ALWAYS go to the WI. I was praying for a STS this week as my scales was showing +1 and +2 over the last couple of days but miracle of miracles I was -1.5 today!!! Only .5lb to go to next silver seven :D Must be extra good this week though in case the weekend tries to catch up with me!

We covered F&H days in the ww meeting this eve and your right - no points for F&H foods and use your weeklies for anything else you eat on an F&H day. I still haven't plucked up the courage to try it but your menu looked really good EveMT!

theres a filling and healthy book- it's lime green- we got it some time in jan i think... i too have been afraid to try it out!!! maybe you guys could ask your leader for a copy if you haven't gotten it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

JudyD wrote: »
    Note to self: ALWAYS go to the WI. I was praying for a STS this week as my scales was showing +1 and +2 over the last couple of days but miracle of miracles I was -1.5 today!!! Only .5lb to go to next silver seven :D Must be extra good this week though in case the weekend tries to catch up with me

Nice one JudyD its such a great feeling.

I would definitely recommend to everyone to always go to your meeting, leaders defo understand that there are wks that we're gonna be up, my leader reckons that the wk we contemplate about goin or not is the wk we need our meeting the most. It gives you the motivation to keep goin.

Ok lecture over.

Back on the ww bus again today and it felt good not to have that bloated and sluggish feeling I've had over the last few days.

Advice needed please, can someone tell me how they point danone activia fat free yogurts, I've always thought 2pp but a work colleague points at 1pp as her leader said the 125g pot would realistically work out at 1.25 pp - round it to the nearest pp therefore = 1. Would love to know your take on it my pp are precious!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Well done on the losses.. it pays to go to the meeting :D puts you in a better frame of mind for the following week!! Iv missed last two weeks due to hols and im dying to go back sat.. to see if theres any sort of change!!

I was wondering if anyone knows the pp for natural confectionary jellies/ haribo tangfastics.. I love jellies and i seem to guess alot of the time. but i bought a digital scales and now i can weigh my own portion and not feel deprived yay :)

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Excited about later but I'm not going to jinx it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

Folks, put up two pounds at WI last night. 2 whole pounds!!!!!! What a disaster. I've only been going 6 weeks and now I'm back 2 flipping pounds. As you can see I'm not taking it too well. :rolleyes:. I was over my points a bit for the weeks but I also did alot of exercise..... Bad buzz......

Well done on the losses.. it pays to go to the meeting :D puts you in a better frame of mind for the following week!! Iv missed last two weeks due to hols and im dying to go back sat.. to see if theres any sort of change!!

I was wondering if anyone knows the pp for natural confectionary jellies/ haribo tangfastics.. I love jellies and i seem to guess alot of the time. but i bought a digital scales and now i can weigh my own portion and not feel deprived yay :)

Thanks in advance!

Our leader said last week that there was 18 points in a bag of natural confectionary jellies- I don't know which variety, but I'd suspect they'll all be similar/the same. There's a bag of haribo starmix in my food press that someone brought one evening weeks and weeks ago. I pointed them one night at 9 pp per 100 g. Think it's a 250g bag, so needless to say, it went back in the press unopened!!. I don't know about tangfastics, but they'd probably be similar...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

tubbydave wrote: »
    just home from my first weigh in and i lost 2pound, im a little disappointed with that but there again i have been eating a lot of normal bread so will try cutting that out or switching to danish this week.

good luck every 1 else

ps oh lost 3 and she got a silver seven

Well done tubbydave!!! 2lb down... thats brilliant!!! especially seen as you are eating normal bread.... I hate the WW bread... can't abide it at all... the Hovis Nimble is better for the same pp... or look for low value wraps. Also I found that the hot dog rolls.... We have bundys here (not sure if they are available in scotland, i know i couldn't find them when i lived in glasgow... ) these hot dog rolls are only 4pp... they are soooo nice and sweet and yummy!!! Or the burger buns in Aldi are only 3pp... Im such a wagon for bread so i go mental pointing in that aisle of the supermarket... :)
    ck83 wrote: »
    The app on my phone came back with 8- I don't have my wheel thingy at the moment to double check!

my calculator said 8.8.... you must have the same one as me... mine is Pro Points calculator that has a little cocktail icon on the fone....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement