Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LESSONS - Offered And Requested

• 02-02-2006 11:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

OK, despite our keeness to keep the commerical crap out of the forums Feylya and I recognise there is a demand for info on lessons and nobody sane thinks of FS Services for this kind of thing so here is the plan. Use this thread to post requests for lessons and also instructors may post offers of lessons here, not just responses to specific lesson requests. Also, feel free to post feedback about lessons you may have taken from someone offering lessons on this thread.

For those offering lessons, we require that you post the following:

Instrument(s) And Styles
    Experience
    Cost Per Lesson

Any offer of lessons without this information will be deleted.

I would advise against putting up phone numbers or email addresses, I think it would be best for all concerned if contact was made through PM.

If you have any suggestions or comments for the rules on this thread feel free to PM me or Feylya.

Have fun :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 robbie06

if anyone has info on guitar tutors in the lucan or surrounding area it would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Hi all. I am a guitar teacher of six years and have to date taught over 200 people in that time. Loads of boards people on the books and plenty of references here, just search for Thomas Brunkard.

Instrument(s) And Styles - Guitar - Rock, Blues, Metal, Folk, Reggae, Soul, Funk
    Experience - 6 years teaching
    Location - Kilmainham Dublin 8 and Dame Court Dublin 2
    Lesson Duration - 40 minutes- One hour - Lessons are by topic module and times vary
    Cost Per Lesson - €25 per lesson, €90 for four consecutive lessons. Student and Unemployed discounts.

My curriculumn is highly successful and relatively fast at imparting full fret board knowledge quickly. From there I work towards using that knowledge to have you playing, composing, improvising and mastering the styles you want to learn.

- Full fretboard knowledge
    - Theory taught quickly painlessly with emphasis on practical application
    - Beginners - chords and strum patterns become songs and recognisable pieces fast.
    - Techniques both basic, advanced and obtruse looked at
    - Live guitar - how to use your pedals, set up your amp, buy the right gear
    - How to look after your guitar
    - Recording techniques for guitar- make your arrangements stand out
    - Learn the fundementals of different styles to help you become a truly original player.
    Contact - Thomas Brunkard
    Email: teaching@thomasbrunkard.com
    Phone: 085-7189920
    Web: www.ThomasBrunkard.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Does anyone know of any good Cello teachers in the south Dublin area? (D6/D4/D6w- anywhere around here really) or music schools that teach the cello?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭DiamondJQuimby

I am looking for a Piano Teacher around the Clonee area.

I have little or no experience playing piano but I have been playing Guitar for about 18 Years, Just looking to learn the basics to get me up and running so that I don't develop bad habits from the start.

PM or reply thanks

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Jazzman

Hi guys,
    I was wandering where I can go to get Spanish guitar lessons. I haven't got a clue how to play guitar at all!!!!!

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dreh

Hello there

I would like to know how expensive are piano classes!

And where could i take them in Dublin!!

Thanks !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Zub

I am looking for guitar lessons in Greystones for a 12-year-old girl, no previous experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Hi

My brother is looking for a Euphonium teacher in Celbridge/Maynooth/Lucan areas.

Anyone know of a teacher?

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BigNige

I'm looking for someone skilled in the art of blues fingerpicking in order to try to learn a few more pointers. The sort of stuff I'm after is Mississippi John Jurt, Rev. Gary Davis, Blind Blake and the like. I've had a look around and found nothing so far. Preferably in South Dublin.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Im looking for Acoustic Guitar lessons in the D.15 area. Just finished doing a beginners course there in Coolmine which gave me a start but Id like to get some more lessons as I want to keep it up.

Please PM me.

Thanks

Conor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 callmealan

Hi there

I'm looking for violin lessons in the wexford/enniscorthy area. If anyone has a contact that would be great!

Please PM me

Cheers, Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

I am looking to get drum lessons in the near future.... Death/doom/black metal style, but general drumming techniques also

have roland td6 electric kit, but would like to do lessons on an acoustic kit. needs to be in dublin 6/city centre area or near enough to those areas

So anyone out there that can give decent lessons to fit these genres of music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pinkyp

I would be so greateul if anyone knew of anyone giving sax lessons in the South East...Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigblackstar

DRUM LESSONS WANTED- KILKENNY/WATERFORD/CARLOW..........cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

I'm looking for someone in Cork area. Anybody around. I am fairly advanced but have never had any lessons and could do with some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 libriumbum

Hi,
    I am teaching in the swords area, anybody from beginners to advanced players are welcome!
    Techniques covered are all basic techniques to tapping, two handed tapping, sweeping arpeggios, runs, scales, you name it I'll teach it!
    Lesson costs are €15 per hour or five pre booked lessons for €60 (thats 1 lesson free if you pre book)!
    I am also a qualified sound engineer so I will also encorporate guitar setup, effects, amp setup and all the stuff you need to know to get the sound you dreamed off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 freakylily

My friend and would need guitar lessons and we are both left-handed... and living in the Dublin city centre Christchurch and Irishtown. Let us know...Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kaycrawford

I am a pianist and Piano Performance teacher based in South Dublin. I teach children and adults of all ages and levels - complete beginners right up to advanced students/diploma students. Visit my website www.pianolessonsdublin.com for more information.

Best Regards,
    Kay

www.pianolessonsdublin.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

Can anyone recommend a good all round guitar teacher who can teach me technique and a few different styles of music and who in general knows their stuff? I'm pretty much looking for a person who knows how to teach so I don't want anyone to start offering their services if they're not an actual teacher and are just looking for money. Any recommendations or help is much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LetsGoDevils

Hello there.

I'm 26 years old and have been playng the drums for years but need guitar lessons as I'm now singing for a band

I have played the guitar but never been taught. Ideally I only want to learn fast punky style rythm guitar, but I also understand the need for some basics!

Can anyone help?

Throw me over a pm and we'll chat

Cheers

Niall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brianjw

Drum Lessons Available

Experienced drummer, playing and learning for 10 years, with plenty of experience gigging. Based in Donnybrook, close to city centre with all facilities provided. Each 1 hour lesson €30 / €25 for students

Beginner to intermediate players of all ages welcome. All styles covered including rock, latin, jazz and funk. Technique, rudiments, grooves, timing etc.

Let me know if you are interested,

Brian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Humpty

Hi all,

I'm looking for fiddle lessons in the Rathfarnham / Terenure Area. I'm a complete beginner ...

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ruxy

Hi All,

I know that there have been other posts regarding this topic, but I have sent emails to the relevant people offering lessons and I have got no reply or else they don`t offer lessons during the summer.

Basically I want to begin guitar lessons as soon as possible. If anyone can recommend a teacher that does private lessons for complete beginners and will also advise on the purchase of a guitar I would really appreciate it. ;)

I want to play electric guitar but have had some advice from people to go with an acoustic to begin with. Anyone any ideas.

Thanks ever so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭househunter

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a guitar teacher/music school in Maynooth for beginner adult lessons?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I'm going to be really annoying and add another post looking for a guitar teacher. I'm looking for a guitar teacher, reasonably priced who will do the lessons in my house. I live in the Dublin 6W area. PM me please!

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PyRoS

Hey. I'm an accomplished guitarist with plenty of gigging experience, looking to impart some of my knowledge to beginners or more advanced players.

Instrument: Guitar (almost any style)
    Experience: Two years teaching
    Lesson Duration: 30mins to an hour.
    Cost: 20Euro/hour (negotiable)

I have a good knowledge of music theory and of a variety of playing techniques on electric and acoustic guitar. Emphasis will be on developing musical ear and learning how to figure out songs for yourself. Anyone interested or if you have any questions, PM me (i should reply quickly enough) or ring me (owen) on 085 1470875

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Jen199

Hi

I don't know if this is of any use now but I went to this guy in Blanchardstown. He was brilliant. He has been teaching for years and is really good - not just at playing, but at teaching!
    Was very cheap too. If your still interested his email address is glenn_keogh@hotmail.com

As far as I know, he will travel to you for a small extra fee!

Good luck!

J

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Thanks Jen199,

Im in the area and have been after someone to teach me!!
    Ill give him a shout!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Hi there

Im offering beginners/intermediate guitar and bass lessons. Most modern styles covered, rock, pop,funk. I do not teach students to read music but a general coverage of theory is involved

Experience. I have been playing bass for almost 20 years teaching for 4 and Guitar for 16 years also teaching for 4

Location Dundalk. Lessons taught from home but travel is negotiable

Lesson Duration 15eu for 45minute lessons with reduced rates for prepaying block lessons. 30min Intro lesson for free.

PM me for more details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭lowdenclear

I'm looking for classical guitar lessons in Belfast... I've been playing the guitar for years, but don't read music/tab and have never played classical (apart from a couple of "party pieces"!).... Any help in locating a teacher in or around Belfast would be great! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement