Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ember.js book/resource reccommendations

Options
  • 21-01-2014 7:37pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Any recommendations on a good book/resource for learning ember.js?

Thanks.

(I know ember has it's own guides. Looking for something to augment that.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,001 ✭✭✭Talisman

As far as I know there is still only one physical book available on the subject of Ember.js:
    Packtpub - Instant Ember.js Application Development How-to.

If you have a subscription to Tutsplus.com, they have a number of videos on the framework and also have the ebook in their library.

Let's Learn Ember
    Ember for Beginners
    Hands on Ember
    Ember Testing
    Ember.js Application Development How-to

If you want free resources then check out the following:

EmberWatch.com - Aggregator of Ember content

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Beautiful. Should have guessed Tutsplus would have something.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I've been looking at learning this myself of late. Appears to be yet another reason for me to finally get a Tuts subscription. With Learnable.com and Lynda.com subscriptions through work, I've managed to just about avoid getting a Tuts one thus far.

Be interested to know your thoughts on the Ember.js course on Tuts if you do take a look at it.

Advertisement